Advance Class Respec

Capconian

Have you ever played your toon and even though he's high level you wish you could change the advance class?

example: I have a lvl 50 vanguard, lately I have been playing a commando since I've tried out all the tanking classes (I'll stick to my guardian main for now) and even though vanguard tanking was fun, I just with I could make him a Commando without all that leveling of an alt.

My recommendation is to make the system, only once a year or very limited times or a high legacy + cartel market item.

I do not see why people are so against this.

The story is the same, the companions are the same, the main stats are the same, weapons are the same. Minor differences in armor type from Medium to Heavy for 1 class on each faction.

If BW had planned it out better and had more time, an AC switch could have been in the game since beta.

I do not see why people are so against this.

The story is the same, the companions are the same, the main stats are the same, weapons are the same. Minor differences in armor type from Medium to Heavy for 1 class on each faction.

If BW had planned it out better and had more time, an AC switch could have been in the game since beta.

People are against it because as a permanent choice, it gives your class more meaning. Allowing AC respec diminishes the choice you made. Also, no the weapons are not the same. Only Knights/Warriors use the same weapon, the Mainhand Lightsaber. Everyone else uses two different types of weapons.

I want this too.

I don't see why someone would care if someone else did this. How would a person changing from Sniper to Operative affect anyone but the player?

Make it a quest line to do so, with the end reward being a new weapon or piece of armor relative to the new AC. The quest is only available after the player completes Chatper 3.

I want this too.

I don't see why someone would care if someone else did this. How would a person changing from Sniper to Operative affect anyone but the player?

Make it a quest line to do so, with the end reward being a new weapon or piece of armor relative to the new AC. The quest is only available after the player completes Chatper 3.

How would changing from a DK to a warrior in WoW affect anyone but the player? How would changing from hunter to shaman in WoW affect anyone but the player? How would changing from a warlock to a mage or a priest in WoW affect anyone but the player?

People care because one of the big unwritten rules in MMO's is that you cannot change your class.

Changing your AC is changing your class in the eyes of the devs and in the eyes of many players.

If you have a sniper and want to play an operative, you can already do so. You simply have to level the operative.

Edited by Ratajack

People care because one of the big unwritten rules in MMO's is that you cannot change your class.

Changing your AC is changing your class in the eyes of the devs and in the eyes of many players.

If you have a sniper and want to play an operative, you can already do so. You simply have to level the operative.

Everquest 2 has had the ability to change your class for a very long time. It involves a quest. It too has a Class->Advanced Class mechanic. Shaman can be a Mystic or Defiler, and you can be a Defiler and then switch to Mystic. You can even switch factions. I understand why faction switch in this game isn't possible.

Your "unwritten rule" is lame IMO and not a good reason. Since when did you speak for the devs as well? Good game design and game management comes from saying "yes" more than "no".

Look the game only has so much replay factor. Doing the exact same story line over again is not something I wish to do.

AC being set in stone isn't a good idea either. You really don't have an idea of how the class will play at level 10. By the time you do get an idea it means you have to start over if it isn't something that appeals to you. I don't want to do Hutta and Dromund Kaas ever again.

Look the game only has so much replay factor. Doing the exact same story line over again is not something I wish to do.

AC being set in stone isn't a good idea either. You really don't have an idea of how the class will play at level 10. By the time you do get an idea it means you have to start over if it isn't something that appeals to you. I don't want to do Hutta and Dromund Kaas ever again.

Do you have an idea how a paladin in WoW will play AT CREATION? Unless you have played one before, it is doubtful that you would. Can you change your paladin to a warrior if you decide that you do not like that class? NO. You have to reroll, even though that means doing all the starter area quests again, and many of the same quests as you level.

Why should you expect to be able to change your class in this game?

You mention Everquest 2 as a game allowing changing "classes". I've never played that game, so I will take your word for it, but how many other MMO's allow class changes? None of the MMO's that I have ever played have allowed class changes. There may be exceptions, but those are EXCEPTIONS and not the norm.

• 1 month later...
I'd really like an AC respec option. I have three toons that have had a lot of effort in getting other things for that just don't have any appeal in their current class any more. (Specifically my Sentinel and Marauder) I don't have anymore character slots on my preferred server anymore. I'm more then fine with an extreme recharge time/expense cost, or even just getting more character slots.

• 2 months later...
There is no real reason not to already have it.

This x1000

This is most resonable petition for this game devs.

There are plenty of reasons not to cater to the "have to have it now and for as little effort as possible" crowd by adding class changes.

First, and foremost, you were advised at least 4 times, by at least 2 separate NPC's that your choice was PERMANENT. You even had to click on the confirm button in the confirmation box acknowledging that you KNEW it was permanent and that it was the class you wanted to play. You made a permanent choice, knowing that it was permanent.

As for the rest of the reasons, go read any of the countless threads regarding this subject.

Reasonable goes out the window when you decide to revive 3 old threads about the same thing...

he managed to hit the suggestion box, cartel suggestion, AND general with necros.

Logic and a 2x4 upside the head...only one seems to ever work on some people.

he managed to hit the suggestion box, cartel suggestion, AND general with necros.

Logic and a 2x4 upside the head...only one seems to ever work on some people.

Lets not forget the new thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=736296

Necro's:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=162497

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=359256

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=658980

Seriously I get wanting a feature... But I guarantee this is against a rule.

Point taken, just want devs to know this is an active, today I made a thread on this too.

Im a law abiding citizen

Edited by ZahirS