40,000 credits??!!

LawAngel

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do some quests, in the past 2 days I've made easily over 150k just from questing and doing the daily space missions.

Making money in this is even easier then in WoW

protip for lazy people - pick up slicing. I didn't and I really wish I had, it makes a killing

That's a @$@#%^!@ outrage!

1. The amount is simply ridiculous and way too high.

2. With #1 being kept firmly in mind; SOME FREAKING WARNING WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE - maybe could have saved for it, instead of recently shelling out 20,000 credits for an extra row of baggage space.

I just hit 25 for the first time and the game's just gone from being fun for the story and play's sake, to whoring for credits. Great job, Bioware. What really pisses me off as an old school gamer is knowing that the absurdity of this will sink into some thick producer's skull sometime down the line and the price will be lowered...

lotta good that does the rest of us now.

I'm lvl 40 and I have 600,000 credits. Reading this post made me laugh.

Don't spend all your credits on leveling your 3rd mission skill and you won't have this problem. Most your credit intake is from quests themselves. You get a total of 1.5 million credits just from quests from 1-50.

All training costs are outrageous IMO. In the last phase of beta testing, my smuggler hit 50 and between the Speeder 3 and abilities it cost right around 650k. Because of a bug, I already had a level 50 speeder but, otherwise, it would've taken all but about 2k of she had saved up since 40, and she was maxed on slicing with no crafting at all.

They are a little high at higher levels, but note that this game really, really needs credit sinks, else inflation would be waaaay too high, since you have such a freakin huge credit intake from questing.

isnt the speeder supposed to be earned?

How much do you pay for "Starship Training"? Please remind me. How many credits did your Starship? Your starship that travels across the known galaxy faster than the speed of light. How many credits was that now? I can't remember.

I'd really like to hear peoples strategies here. As I said: My slicer had a lot of money since that's what slicing does. With my Juggernaut I can barely keep aboive 20k because all the money I make from questing flows into buying new skills. So, essentially, "how I mine for creds"?

Edit: Granted that all those amazing "lol I had 235346346 credits at lvl 9" types aren't, ya know, talking out of their behinds.

Qutoting dis. Still waiting on a feasible answer.

I had 80k credits at level 25... and I did nothing special, didn't even approach an auction house either, just from questing.

And no, I don't have slicing either (Artifice/Archeo/Treasure).

And no, I did NOT refrain leveling treasure.

OP IS definitely doing something wrong.

Edited by Korrigan

If you spend all your money on gathering missions for your companions or other stuff and find yourself hitting Tatooine at level 25 with very little cash, it really doesn't take that long to make 40K doing missions there. I got to Tatooine with less than 8K. I stopped sending my companions out to gather and had the requisite 40K for speeder training before I finished the missions at the first outpost in Jundland.

How much do you pay for "Starship Training"? Please remind me. How many credits did your Starship? Your starship that travels across the known galaxy faster than the speed of light. How many credits was that now? I can't remember.

Because needing the ability to actually TRAVEL FROM PLANET TO PLANET TO LEVEL is the same as a luxury item that makes travel faster. You NEED the star ship to get to different planets to quest, you don't NEED the speeder, its a luxury.