40,000 credits??!!

LawAngel

The last time I wanted a mount real bad has been EQ2. Getting this mount required me to become creative on how to earn lots of plat; got most of it by selling collectables. Basically it has been about 5-7 days of running around and gathering. Finally being able to buy this mount felt good.

40k credits in TOR is an amount earned in a couple of hours. This is no where near outrageous.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps you shouldn't have wasted money on extra bag space. It's unneeded; between utilizing your companion and visiting stores when turning in quest/ medical droids you should never have to go beyond the default amount much less the initial expansion.

At level 29 now and I have around 100k (after those bigger purchases) and I haven't even tried to make money...

Edited by Duulket_Ariakas

at level 25 I had almost 100k credits, you don't need bag slots or bank tabs that early. pluss I got a mail at level 20 saying "Hey save up for your speeder training its exp."

not to mention I read general chat and hear about how much the speeders and training was. don't blame BW you only have yourself to blame.

Well, I got the warning at 20 and saw people talk about it in chat, so I was prepared. Still, I didn't do anything special and had over 70k at level 25.

My only complaint would be that it comes a bit late. I would've preferred to have this option a few levels earlier. Having a speeder makes life so much easier in game.

That's a @$@#%^!@ outrage!

1. The amount is simply ridiculous and way too high.

2. With #1 being kept firmly in mind; SOME FREAKING WARNING WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE - maybe could have saved for it, instead of recently shelling out 20,000 credits for an extra row of baggage space.

I just hit 25 for the first time and the game's just gone from being fun for the story and play's sake, to whoring for credits. Great job, Bioware. What really pisses me off as an old school gamer is knowing that the absurdity of this will sink into some thick producer's skull sometime down the line and the price will be lowered...

lotta good that does the rest of us now.

What have you been doing? I had around 60k at 25 with no effort AND I spent loads on random crap (including the baggage space you are whining about).... I bet you spent all your money on leveling crew skills :o.

After level 25 and then around 30 these 40k credits won't look like a lot of money. Even if you don't spend much time for gathering/crafting.

Anyway, these speeders are ugly before level 40. And at level 40, what speed boost does it give you? 100%? Now that is a non-sense. You have a cool-looking speeder and still can run faster by sprinting. IMO this stuff should be considerably faster. You don't even notice that you're on a speeder when you run through endless Tatooine.

2. With #1 being kept firmly in mind; SOME FREAKING WARNING WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE - maybe could have saved for it, instead of recently shelling out 20,000 credits for an extra row of baggage space.

I just hit 25 for the first time and the game's just gone from being fun for the story and play's sake, to whoring for credits. Great job, Bioware. What really pisses me off as an old school gamer is knowing that the absurdity of this will sink into some thick producer's skull sometime down the line and the price will be lowered...

Hahaha, what SHOULD piss you off as an old school (LOL) gamer is that you freaking knew from the damn begining that the skill would be 40k. You should start saving earlier.

Do not blame Bioware for your failure to thing logical like an ordinary ppl would do ----->"Hmmm, okey they say at lvl 25 i get a mount. So let me check/ask/research how much money it costs so i can save some for it" You are acting like a 4yo atm. "OK, I AM LVL 25 NOW. WHERE IS MY MOUNT:eek:??? DAMN BIOWARE THAT YOU DIDN'T WARNED ME ABOUT MOUNT PRICE! DAMN YOU:mad:". Bioware:" But sir we did say that you get a mount at lvl 25 PLUS when you hit 20 you get a tutorial that sais, START SAVING"

I wont prolly have the money either, if that makes you feel better but then again it's my choise to do so cos i raised my profs to 150 so far :)

Get real mate seriously..

At level 20 you get a Tip in-game called, "Start saving", which tells you to start saving for your speeder at level 25. Move along.

40k credits is dirt cheap at 25.

Also, but ones own inability to look for information isn't an excuse for developers to put a pop up every time you spend money saying "Hey, guess what? Mount Training at 25 is 40,000 Credits!"

At what level does credit gain pick up around twenty fold? Because at 19 I don't even have 20k credits.

And I'm slicing.

40,000 credits really is nothing, i spent 54,000 credits at the class trainer for the skills at level 38. You do get a warning, it's your own fault if you missed it, you can even check it at your class trainer, the level 40 mount is over 200,000 credits.

I was spending a LOT of credits on missions, leveling my artifice and was still able to afford it the moment i hit 25, 40,000 credits really is nothing.

Edited by Bigbazz

If you have that much at 25 your screwed, the skills take a massive price hike - costing 7k each, speeder 40k and you get a measly 900/1500 credits per quest.

tbh im not sure what your saying lol, im screwed if i only have 55K at 25? i mean... i have 55K now at lvl 19, with 6 lvls to go to lvl 25, if i keep doing what im doing, my credits will just increase, will probably have 70-80K by lvl 25

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.