Taral V - General Edikar - Requesting Nerf

This fight is painfully easy on both normal and heroic mode. On the third wave of adds just have your tank try pick them up as best he can and have your DPS ignore them, finishing the boss. This fight is purely a DPS check, as long as you have a healer who's paying attention to cleanse off the incendiary grenade. Edited by zDracor

It just goes to show you how bad some DPS are in this game, eh? Perhaps some tanks as well. I also have the same experience. Even in groups where I know the DPS were bad, we still comfortably beat the enrage timer.

Never underestimate the bads, tho. :p

Whatever going in 4 levels above the encounter doesnt count. Its early in the game people are still getting and understanding gear and how this differs from whatever mmo they played before.

The whole uber player mantality is old really old, is was funny in eq now its just tired and old.

anyway the fight--

This isnt a dps fight. its logic.

Tag (click) the control box before fight.

Full on dps him.

When first set of droid add's spawn kill them.

When second set spawn ignore them.

cure/cleanse the gernade dot.

He should be dead by then, clean up adds.

He is kitable but there isnt any point.

ez pesy.

Edited by Bremadle

I don't see the big deal. I tanked him in the middle. Initial agro on turrets, but dps handle them for then on. Tank can interrupt all full autos. I told the dps to interrupt the hail of bullets. (Unfortunately most people like to indiscriminately interrupt any casts that come up, regardless of what it is.) When adds come up I told them to handle the left two while I handled the right two. I'd drop ranged aoe on them, burst one down, get back to the boss, and kill the other at range. (I get back to the boss fast because even though he's stunned for a while, you don't want him to wake up and hail into te group - so I always kept the boss facing one way.)

I think we went through 3 add phases. It's not bad, at least it's not like the first boss where there's literally nothing you can do about the adds agroing whatever they want.

Whatever going in 4 levels above the encounter doesnt count. Its early in the game people are still getting and understanding gear and how this differs from whatever mmo they played before.

The whole uber player mantality is old really old, is was funny in eq now its just tired and old.

anyway the fight--

This isnt a dps fight. its logic.

Tag (click) the control box before fight.

Full on dps him.

When first set of droid add's spawn kill them.

When second set spawn ignore them.

cure/cleanse the gernade dot.

He should be dead by then, clean up adds.

He is kitable but there isnt any point.

ez pesy.

I said I did it on level. I also did it above level. But I did do it on level.

So point being... what?

I do not think a nerf is needed. The main thing is his fire dot, in my opinion. Once that is removed he is ok. Didnt see it at first, and as the tank got killed in about 2 seconds, lol. I think that having some more difficult content is a really good thing, and i am new to mmos.

One thing i did run into was a bug for the mando raiders flash. The floor would light the group on fire, no matter where or when you were. The second we went in the room we all got lit on fire and died. Had to pull him in the hallway and fight without our healer...Even once he was dead we had to go across the floor one at a time while being healed to grab whatever it was we needed to finish on the other side.

On another note, did anyone have issues fighting Lord Hasper, the bonus boss? I'm wondering if the tank simply wasn;t using his interrupt or if he is immune. I tried freezing him but he did his super move regardless where he sucks everyon in and force lightnign AOEs everyone for like 70% of our health.

The boss everyone is talking about is quite trivial... I had to ask the people I did it with (several) time to even be sure what everyone else was refering to, I guess maybe people rarely have tanks specced tank with actual tank gear? He barely scratched me while I was fighting him.

The optional boss was another story. No, he cannot be cancelled, he pulls everyone in, slows everyone, and does an instant uncancellable storm attack that deals 1500+ damage a tick, give or take. Even with Force Speed to get out of it, you'll get hit once or twice. He does it at specific amounts of health, but its a +/- 5%, so not quite precise, making it pretty tough to anticipate. The trick is to have everyone but the tank break line of sight when you expect him to do it, OR have multiple healers OR have a commando that can AOE heal. Then its not too bad. I still wiped several time against that optional, while utterly crushing the general.

I thought all of this FP was quite easy, and the bonus boss only has one major ability that you have to watch for. Check your gear and use your interrupts. Big theme in this game.

I've run it with guild members and I've run it with pick ups. Doesn't need to change.

A huge problem with most players that struggle with content (and this isn't at the OP, just in general) is that they do not interrupt or dispel anything. It happens in every mmo. It's even worse in pvp.

If you let his full auto attack go the entire time, you're gonna get wrecked. Also not dispelling will also ruin your day.

There's nothing to nerf. It's teaching people that not interrupting or not dispelling, is not ok and WILL kill you if you don't learn how to properly do it.

+1

I had to indicate to another Vanguard in the group (DPS spec) to use his interrupt...he didn't even know he had one and he was 35 while I was 30. We wiped a good 4 times before I said screw it! It is a DPS check as well since none of the DPS were killing the adds in time (or at all)

I knew by the gear check but I wanted to do the flashpoint!

Me and my group spent 2 hours figuring out the appropriate strat. To make sure it works I had it used again in the group I was in today.

Basically your first job is for the DPsers to destroy the turrets. After that bring his HP down to where he summons the droids. Focus fire in sequence on the first wave of droids and destroy them quickly before they can debuff you to death. After that continue Dpsing on the boss till he respawns the droids again. Have your healer and any other class with a long term cc use it on as many droids as your able. After that ignore the whats left and DPS the heck out of the boss. Make sure to interrupt all attacks when your able and use all the medpacks you can.

NOTE: Make sure the tank is pointed the opposite direction of the group as to protect them from the cone attack

And that is the Taral V end boss walkthrough

Edited by Elyons

having a tank with tank spec and gear helps. same for the healer.

did it the first time on 31 with a lvl35/36 and companion offhealing.

second time as a lvl36 tank and rest of the group ranging from 32-34.

as maxiim pointed out, a lot of player just try to brute force their way to the kill. this doesn't work. not interrupts, not CC, no movement.

the game is not hard if you pay attention (OTOH I see people struggling with the hammer/athiss endboss, which are even easier).

Me and my group spent 2 hours figuring out the appropriate strat. To make sure it works I had it used again in the group I was in today.

Basically your first job is for the DPsers to destroy the turrets. After that bring his HP down to where he summons the droids. Focus fire in sequence on the first wave of droids and destroy them quickly before they can debuff you to death. After that continue Dpsing on the boss till he respawns the droids again. Have your healer and any other class with a long term cc use it on as many droids as your able. After that ignore the whats left and DPS the heck out of the boss. Make sure to interrupt all attacks when your able and use all the medpacks you can.

NOTE: Make sure the tank is pointed the opposite direction of the group as to protect them from the cone attack

And that is the Taral V end boss walkthrough

Better one: Pull the boss AWAY from the turrets (shocking to think of, I know) then burst down the boss, killing only the first group of droids and then bursting the boss again. Tank holds the second group of droids, because (unless he is straight naked) your tank shouldn't be taking a whole lot of damage from the boss. He just doesn't hit that hard. Fight shouldn't take more than a minute, if your dps are doing something other than rolling their face along the keyboard buttons/

TLDR pull the boss away from the turrets and burst him down, this is not a hard fight and a 3 minute enrage timer is VERY generous.

A huge problem with most players that struggle with content (and this isn't at the OP, just in general) is that they do not interrupt or dispel anything. It happens in every mmo. It's even worse in pvp.

If you let his full auto attack go the entire time, you're gonna get wrecked. Also not dispelling will also ruin your day.

There's nothing to nerf. It's teaching people that not interrupting or not dispelling, is not ok and WILL kill you if you don't learn how to properly do it.

Pretty much this, the boss is totally fine on normal and Hardcore.

Patch notes 1.0.2 state that he will no longer enrage in normal mode.

Now thats lame! i think his damage buff shows the group "hey time to wake up"

Ive been in there only 2x, the first time we wiped 5x.. every wipe a different try to finish him.

Interrupt rotation was the way to go for us. I am playing a Vanguard tank so i startet to cancel his first try.. while the DPS destroyed the guns. the next DPS canceld his next skill..

Once the adds show up the DPS takes 1 side while i mortar and ionbomb into the other droids.. IF every DPS keeps his interrupt rdy on the boss he cant do anything.

Everything else is Healer work.

I totally agree with you, Caress. It's just that it seems you hit a roadblock on that boss after steamrolling through everything else. I agree, I totally enjoy the game being challenging like it is. I will try the "hallway" method next time. :)

We finally got him down after several tries... thing is, being able to pull him into the hallway is not "working as intended"... the doors are supposed to close and lock you in.

What is NOT working as intended is that he is not supposed to be enraging so quickly.

3 minutes and then enrage for a party of all level 32s (at flashpoint level) is just not doable for most of the player population.

Again, I've completed it, so this isnt whining because I couldn't kill the boss, its just objective critique. When the hallway bugging trick is fixed, you'll be thanking me he isn't on the enrage timer so quickly in normal mode.

Just my 2 cents. One helluva flashpoint regardless, definately one I could do over and over and keep having fun for a while.

+1

I had to indicate to another Vanguard in the group (DPS spec) to use his interrupt...he didn't even know he had one and he was 35 while I was 30. We wiped a good 4 times before I said screw it! It is a DPS check as well since none of the DPS were killing the adds in time (or at all)

I knew by the gear check but I wanted to do the flashpoint!

Just to make it clear, some of you who haven't run into the issue many are discussing here have been lucky. I ran it one time with a grp of level 38s just pushing a guildie through. All geared to the gills. One hit kills on all experienced MMO players is not "working as intended"... sorry.

If it functions every time the way it did when you ran it, then I'd say it didn't need any fix either.

Oh, sure enough, I can see in the patch notes from today that he's been fixed. I'll have to run it and see what happens.

I've been in grps where we killed him both when he bugged out, when its gone normal, and when there have been times when he spawns, AFTER destroying the turret terminal but that doing so just caused 8 turrets to insta spawn and 8 droids to suddenly appear, all before he had even been aggroed, lmao. That is most definately NOT working as intended.

So just for those out there who I think are going to complain that ppl asked for this boss to be looked into, just take my word for it, the bugs that were being run into were indeed bugs. It wasnt just a bunch of ppl whining that the boss was too hard.

Now thats lame! i think his damage buff shows the group "hey time to wake up"

Ive been in there only 2x, the first time we wiped 5x.. every wipe a different try to finish him.

Interrupt rotation was the way to go for us. I am playing a Vanguard tank so i startet to cancel his first try.. while the DPS destroyed the guns. the next DPS canceld his next skill..

Once the adds show up the DPS takes 1 side while i mortar and ionbomb into the other droids.. IF every DPS keeps his interrupt rdy on the boss he cant do anything.

Everything else is Healer work.

Ive been through on runs where he was not interruptable, ive been through on runs where he there are 8 droids and 8 turrets before aggroing him AFTER destroying the weapon terminal.

Just one more time to those who have gotten lucky... the boss was bugged. If you were able to face roll it, don't assume that was the way he was always working. Yes, grps of fully geared, experienced players, once with a grp of 38s....

Pulling into the hall, if you look at the doors and see they were likely meant to close, was probably not ever supposed to be doable. I wouldn't be surprised if that gets fixed too with the way so many are talking about using that as a means of getting around some of the fight mechanics.

The general is perfectly tunned. If u fight him in the hallway like u should, u have so much time to dps while he reloads his guns and the droids are still running towards the party u get an easy free 15%/20% hp just on that downtime when the droids are coming.

And I tanked did already on my sentinel(combat spect) 3 times, 1 of them being lvl 33 and the last two being 34 so I dont understand this talk about pure tanks and tank specs to be needed.

People need to start grasping the mechanics a bit better same applies to the Lord Hasper fight if u cant LoS after 3 lightings well u know the drill....

I think the title says it. For any of you that have had the chance to enter Taral V, I'm sure you'd agree that it is an amazing flashpoint. However, for those of you who have been able to clear most of the dungeon, you might have encountered an issue with....killing General Edikar.

The fight itself is just a DPS race with respawning droid adds and General Edikar becomes Enraged after some time ( 3 minutes?) doing 200% more damage. I've tried tanking this fight twice at level 32-33 and just now at 36. I've interrupted all of his casts / reloads - I've drawn aggro on all the droids - We've killed all the turrets - Now it's time to DPS right? Oh wait my healer just got one shotted. :eek: Oh no. We all just got one shotted! :confused:

At first I thought this was due to the fact of not interrupting one of his casts, or that we didn't kill him fast enough.. but now that I've assembled a group of competent 32+ characters, the fact that we destroyed everything up until this particular fight, and that we just can't figure out what we're doing wrong, I'm starting think there's an issue. I'm sure more will agree as more and more people start to do all of the flashpoints. BUT if anyone can confirm a strategy other than "You're not killing him fast enough" please share it with us!!!

BW, I love this flashpoint regardless.

If you have issues on any of the bosses, you need to learn to play. Period.

I've done this flashpoint numerous times, NUMEROUS times with 31s (underlevel).

Don't ask for nerfs just because you don't know how to play the game.

Yea and asking people to actually use their brains and fight him in the hall... you know use some kind of technique to your playing in a FLASHPOINT... well that's just CRAZY TALK isn't it?

Edited by chrismgtis

ran into this today too... healing aggro makes staying alive as a healer rough. As soon as the adds spawn they all focus fire on me. And the tank can only seem to pull one group since they're spread out like they are. (and by that point I've already been wrecked by the turrets.) I don't know when the droids spawn but it's hella fast. We just managed to get the turrets down before he spawned droids and every time all the droids would die another wave would instantly spawn. I might have managed if I'd waited to run it at like 38 like the rest of my party but still I shouldn't pull highest threat on adds instantly.

*AND* avoiding fight mechanics by pulling him out of the room is cheap and will be fixed.

the boss need a few fixes - sometimes he continue his full auto even after an interupt and sometimes he does multiple skills back-to-back, which he shouldnt.

other than this, the main problem is the horrible UI which wont help you with finding when a group member need a cleanse.

no nerf is needed.

Just to make it clear, some of you who haven't run into the issue many are discussing here have been lucky. I ran it one time with a grp of level 38s just pushing a guildie through. All geared to the gills. One hit kills on all experienced MMO players is not "working as intended"... sorry.

one hit kills with the boss main mechanic -are- intended, you just need to learn how the mechanic work and how to prevent/stop/cleanse it.

things like "stand out off the fire" "cleanse the dots/poison" "interrupt the big spell" are standard in any group instance with advanced mechanics.

this said, the ui should help you, not hinder you.