How good is XP from GSF?

Berdilio

I just mastered my Flashfire on my main character!

I was about to start working on my pike and others but I wonder how good is the XP from GSF?

I have never finished leveling my other 3 classes and I wonder instead of just using one character for my hangar would using other characters to play strike fighter's and the other scout be a decent speed for leveling them?

I will probably use my main extra daily/weekly shared ship req to boost up my other ships slowly on my main but has anyone tried leveling solely from GSF?

Hard to push myself away from my Flashfire but I need to learn how to fly other ships so I can kill them better. I am an average player but I need to experience other ships to get better.

Any advice from more pro players?

It actually seems to be pretty good. I'm currently conducting an experiment in which I level one toon entirely from 1-55 through GSF. So far, not so bad. I'm not using cartel coins to convert to fleet req, so I'm upgrading slowly, but I figure why not, by the time I hit 55, I should have earned enough req to upgrade every ship anyway!

- For this purpose, I'm not doing any class quests until 55, which means I have to buy companion unlocks for my crew. Because of this, after I hit 12 through GSF I went back and did the first part of the smuggler questline just until I got Corso - I wanted him as my co-pilot anyway because I like his active. My only XP will come from GSF, the GSF daily, and the GSF weekly.

- I also purchased the full GSF legacy bonus to XP, and I am using Major Starfighter Experience boosts. Hopefully I'll be able to stick with it :p

Edited by silvershadows

I've not been playing Star fighter with mains at all. I don't need the money on those characters and you can't earn XP when your 55. So I've been mainly focusing on three other characters, doing the daily each day, obviously getting the weekly as a result of all those dailies. Had to spend a bit on the star fighter legacy boost (think it was about 250k to max that out) and been using XP boosts when I remember. So far my level 19 character has gone up to level 24. The level 39 to 44 and the level 36 to 40. So on average it's about 4 to 5 levels from just Star fighter since launch on each of them.

It's not stunningly quick levelling. But it's fast enough and fun.

its too good actually

I totally stopped doing quests between 50 and 55 and I a maxed now only by playing GSF

BUT its not worth to Level a new char only through GSF,

unless your GSF unlocks becomes legacy wide its a total waste of req

to Play GSF matches on more then one char

also if you want to try the other ships there is no reason not to do this

with your main GSF char because of the double req Bonus you get

on all ships ... even if you only level just one ship at all

mastering a ship Needs enourmous amounts of reqs, without Transfers via coins

and dailys and weeklys you can pretty much stop thinking about getting

competetive with your fav ship any time soon

Edited by Hitomo_x

I would hold out leveling with just GSF until official launch and more maps and playmodes. While the XP is decent it will get boring fast. Now adding GSF to pvp dailies, flashpoints and class missions is lot of fun and pretty fast leveling too. That's what I've been doing with characters on both sides.

I just mastered my Flashfire on my main character!

I was about to start working on my pike and others but I wonder how good is the XP from GSF?

I have never finished leveling my other 3 classes and I wonder instead of just using one character for my hangar would using other characters to play strike fighter's and the other scout be a decent speed for leveling them?

I will probably use my main extra daily/weekly shared ship req to boost up my other ships slowly on my main but has anyone tried leveling solely from GSF?

Hard to push myself away from my Flashfire but I need to learn how to fly other ships so I can kill them better. I am an average player but I need to experience other ships to get better.

Any advice from more pro players?

the xp from warzones is around 25% better if your legacy boosters of the two are at the same level.

probably because GSF is so much cooler that they wanted to coax people into playing more ground. i personally use different characters for a single ship so i can just log in as that one and kick butt. if xp and req are what you are looking for the dailies and weeklies are your best friends. hope that helped:mon_cool:

I tried it on a level 4 smuggler got him up to level 10 with just gsf and class quests and bonus kill quests waiting for matches.

It was slower than just power leveling spacebar rushing quests but funner.

As far as getting bored of the game... I'm one of those guys who enjoys the PvP part of it as long as there are players who are better than me stomping my face in I am not bored.

Actually got a few kills on some good players using the basic un-upgraded strike fighter.

Was fun for me of course I died 10 times for every kill I got when the good players are out. Versus average/same skill pilots I did not do bad even with no upgrades.

Its definitely not a primary way to level ships or characters but I like the game.

Will probably stick to maxing my hanger on my main character and only fly on alts to fill time between quests.

Edited by Berdilio

Since there is no lvl requirment in GS I descided to lvl a new toon doing pvp only (both ground and space). I still play with guildies on spce pvp night. I also do class in between matches so that I can get my comp unlocked for my ship. I do the ground just to change it up and learn my ablities. Exp seems good. Edited by rnmedic

If you want to level up via GSF, dont. Stick to ground. Even if you max out req gains, youll be lucky to hit 10-13k per battle. The battle lasts 15 mins, and then you have the obscenely long queue times.

Not true at all. If you want to level up with GSF, buy a few legacy ranks to buff your EXP gain by 6% per rank. I am leveling up an alt doing nothing but GSF and class missions and I routinely get 25K or more per match.

On my server, starfighter experience boosts cost MORE than the generic xp boost...don't know why.

They do on Ebon Hawk as well, but I had found a few that were (probably accidentally) put up cheaply. When I run out I'll probably use generic boosts but all I do is sit on the fleet (level 20 now, still no ship, only did the first handful of class quests to unlock Corso for co-pilot) and queue for GSF, lol.

I made my low level alts my GSF pilots. The knight went from level 29 to level 38, and the powertech a bit less. It may not be fast, but it feels like 'free levels'.

I'm playing anyway, so I took two of my Imp alts and got a few levels each on them, knowing I went to a couple planets on them under leveled. Could be a nice way to gain a level or two if you plan on playing anyway, and know you have a toon that went to planet under leveled for their quests.