One time only advance class change!

Volcon

I have been thinking and it would be good if you had at least ONE and only ONE chance to change your advance class because honestly you don't know how good an advance class is going to be till you at least try it and if you not happy with it in the later levels you can't change back. For instance I am a bounty hunter merc and to be honest its not as great as I had hoped it would be once I had skill points in all my tree and I feel I would rather tank but I can't change to powertech because you can't change your advance class even once and i find that unfair because i am like 4 levels off 50 and i don't want to start all over again.

AND TO MAKE MY POINT CLEAR I AM NOT ASKING FOR DUAL SPEC I DESPISE DUAL SPEC ALL I AM ASKING IS THAT PEOPLE GET A CHANCE TO CHANGE THERE ADVANCE CLASS ONCE.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, respecs and dual spec so that you can respecialize every time your build becomes inconvenient for a certain task, defeating the purpose of specialization... Making it so there are virtually no pros or cons outside of your class (because you can just respec everytime a con becomes bothersome).

And now you MMORPG noobs want to respec advanced classes?

/facepalm.

I wish you people would just stick to call of duty.

Edited by Gestas

Yeah, respecs and dual spec so that you can respecialize every time your build becomes inconvenient for a certain task, defeating the purpose of specialization... Making it so there are virtually no pros or cons outside of your class (because you can just respec everytime a con becomes bothersome).

/facepalm.

i take it you never bothered to read it?

i think i said ONCE a few times.

and FYI you can reset your points anyway.

/facepalm.

I got my Sith Inquisitor to level 14 but now I want to be a Bounty Hunter. How to respec?

It says before you choose an Advanced Class that you are making a decision that can not be reversed. You were shown the fine print. Get over it.

yeah but on the fine print it does not say how crap the advance class is going to be.

you don't max your tree till around 40 hence you don't know what all the ability's are like that you unlock

Which just means that you are a flavor of the month chaser. What you really care about is how powerful your class is and not how it plays. Because if you only cared about how it plays you would have a decent impression way before lvl 40.

you don't max your tree till around 40 hence you don't know what all the ability's are like that you unlock

If I'm not mistaken, the two advanced classes are completely different in playstyle from eachother (haven't dabbled away from mine yet, I knew what I was getting into) so how could you not know what you were getting yourself involved with?

It's not like if I roll a healing class that I should feel cheated if the class actually heals. You have the ability to check your talents before you choose your AC, you can read about it on fora/guides/blogs/whatnot, ... There's more than plenty of information on every AC.

"Hi, I rolled a paladin but I actually want a rogue. Mind giving me a free swap?"

That's what you basically just said.

If I'm not mistaken, the two advanced classes are completely different in playstyle from eachother (haven't dabbled away from mine yet, I knew what I was getting into) so how could you not know what you were getting yourself involved with?

It's not like if I roll a healing class that I should feel cheated if the class actually heals. You have the ability to check your talents before you choose your AC, you can read about it on fora/guides/blogs/whatnot, ... There's more than plenty of information on every AC.

"Hi, I rolled a paladin but I actually want a rogue. Mind giving me a free swap?"

That's what you basically just said.

paladin and a rouge are completely different class's so no

The same goes for powertech and mercenary (or any other class with it's AC).

(I remember a mmorpg where you had to choose your specializaton at level 20 (which was about 3 weeks with non powerleveling and not 3 hours)).

Edited by Aiwan

Which just means that you are a flavor of the month chaser. What you really care about is how powerful your class is and not how it plays. Because if you only cared about how it plays you would have a decent impression way before lvl 40.

not really i just find bash one ability (that i did not get to late level) till i have 5 stacks and pressing the other ability (that i didn't get till i maxed my tree) to complete to combo very entertaining i am sorry but i am not a "Mage" i like a play style with some skill involved

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.