Breasts, Butts, Big Hair and Lightsabres?

Samaul

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Judging by your name, I'm assuming you're talking about people like yourself huh?

It's called a different culture. In japan and korea have higher tolerance levels than their western counter part. As for the forum name, I picked this name based on a character name I saw in wow that was in Blood Legions a few years ago. A lot of the forum names were taken, so I picked that character name I saw in wow. What's wrong with the name and how is my forum name relevant to the subject of the thread?

I don't see what so bad about the gear in swtor. It isn't nearly as sleazy looking like in some of those korean or japanese mmorpgs. Although, I do think they take it a little bit too far at times, but if you play on their servers you can't really complain about it. It's their servers and with their culture.

As for swtor, times are change and op represents a minority in gaming. I don't know why BW puts up with people like op. The op represents a tiny minority in swtor who are fantic starwars purist. This isn't a single player game. If the op girlfriend or he gets offend by what he see in game, well that's to bad. The gaming community in swtor and mmorpg in general wants sleazy gear, because it sells. Otherwise, BW wouldn't make gear like that or for that matter those korean or japanese mmorpg wouldn't either. What's so hard to understand about simple economics. Sleazy gear sells better than non-sleazy gear. This has always been the case in mmorpgs. That's why you see so many characters in swtor wearing such gear. This isn't rocket science.

Edited by Knockerz

For what it's worth, I agree with OP to some degree, though I don't share his reasons for not wanting too much sleaze as he put it in this game. I enjoy looking at half naked girls like the next guy and agree that the such outfits are indeed canon, but it should rather be an exception than the rule.

The problem for me starts, and I don't think it has actually gotten so bad, yet, at least not on my server, when every second or so female character is dressed like this. It just damages my immersion or suspension of disbelieve to some extent, because it generally makes no sense to me to run around in underwear on a battlefield or on Hoth or Ilum for that matter.

That said, I realize that it's not up to me to decide how other people dress their chars and I don't think BW should act upon my personal misgivings.

I just did. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

EAware! Darth Talon outfits and tattoos please! ASAP!

I did too very cool , I found this picture too which shows the OP on the left telling Darth Talon not to dress that way as his GF is looking and please note this is LEGO :).

http://www.toycutter.com/2008/12/darth-talon-lego-minifig-3d-model.html

Cheers,

BadOrb.

For what it's worth, I agree with OP to some degree, though I don't share his reasons for not wanting too much sleaze as he put it in this game. I enjoy looking at half naked girls like the next guy and agree that the such outfits are indeed canon, but it should rather be an exception than the rule.

The problem for me starts, and I don't think it has actually gotten so bad, yet, at least not on my server, when every second or so female character is dressed like this. It just damages my immersion or suspension of disbelieve to some extent, because it generally makes no sense to me to run around in underwear on a battlefield or on Hoth or Ilum for that matter.

That said, I realize that it's not up to me to decide how other people dress their chars and I don't think BW should act upon my personal misgivings.

Exactly, this. Well said :rak_03:

Sleaze was my second choice of words, my first was **** but that gets filtered out by the forums profanity filter. Isn't is hypocritical to filter out the word slu** and to put nearly naked, big-haired avatars in the game but i cant say slu** in the forums?

Not really, Slu*, is kind of derogatory and the word as quite a bit of charge to it. Even if I know that realistically a bunch of the scantily clad toons on fleet are being played by males II'd still get a little offended with it being used in that way.

It's an mmo. A lot of people are playing it, not just you. People want more options, and judging by the fact that you feel like you want to complain about it a lot of people like these options.

Ignore them, and don't wear the outfits if you don't like them, but don't try to change other peoples play styles based on your own preferences and moralities.

That said, there are a few inquisitor robes were the female version has the midriff sort of slap dashed erased. I really wish that the male version was available for my assassin. It looks a lot better and a lot more complete.

The OP should stay clear from Bioware's previous multiplayer game then, neverwinter nights.

The adult servers there would scar him for life, theres people there who'd put hentai to shame with their characters/rp. That game also allows for custom animations, body appearances and clothes..

As for skimpy outfits in TOR.. its not that bad. Breasts and butts seem to be a descent size in this game, not too big or small. I believe in neverwinter nights its even a bit bigger by default.

And the clothes.. well some characters where skimpy clothing. happens in real life too.

Personly I do have one young sith woman who wears the Sion chestpiece.. it does show some more skin but it works for her since she's kind of a show off. Imagine a wealthy spoiled sith noble who enjoys tempting celibate jedi, corrupting them before either killing them or turning them.

All my imperial characters represent a different archetype of villain, and in that arsenal the seductress can't be missing. I also have the noble silent warrior, the weak looking but powerfull old lady, a psychopath, the traitor, the politician, the underdog, etc.

Of my 16 chars, this seductress is the only young attractive woman. The other women either have scars, are old or look about average. Mostly because pretty much everyone tries to make a very attractive woman. the ones with flaws stand out.

Breasts, Butts, Big Hair and Lightsabres? Sounds like a winning combo to me,

Hahaha :D

To OP: Just train yourself to filter it out if it annoys you. I can filter out horrible music blaring full volume in night clubs, doing the same for a bit of pixelated t&a shouldn't be that much of a stretch.

I agree its not very family friendly, but its actually acceptable in star wars canon. If you don't believe me google images of: Darth Talon, Ahsoka Tano, Ayla secura, and shaak ti.

The only thing that's definately not acceptable on logically, or even funnily, is on the trooper.

Edited by Cordarn

I agree its not very family friendly, but its actually acceptable in star wars canon. If you don't believe me google images of: Darth Talon, Ahsoka Tano, Ayla secura, and shaak ti.

The only thing that's definately not acceptable on logically, or even funnily, is on the trooper.

Talon and Ayla are Twi'leks, and in Twi'lek culture, females wear revealing clothes, or so I understand.

Can't speak for the Togruta though.

And as for players wearing revealing clothes... I hardly ever see anyone doing that, I may see one or two each week.

Some put it on their companions, I would too, but Khem Val does not want to wear the slavegirl outfit in public.

Talon and Ayla are Twi'leks, and in Twi'lek culture, females wear revealing clothes, or so I understand.

Can't speak for the Togruta though.

Still proves my point. I can't speak for togruta either, but it seems a good amount of them wear revealing clothing.

Still proves my point. I can't speak for togruta either, but it seems a good amount of them wear revealing clothing.

Just took a quick glance at the Togruta culture and planet.

They seem to be a spirit people and a warm planet, so it would make sence for them to wear less clothing, but more out of necessity than anything.

But anyway, yes, revealing clothes is very much used in the Star Wars universe.

Gues the topic creator is playing the wrong game =)

nothing draws attention more to a post with the words 'Breasts, Butts, Big Hair and Lightsabers' in the title! :) I looked up this Darth Talon and she is hot! need to create a Darth Talon look-a-like now! can we get her armor someday, Bioware? that'd be a good Cartel item and a lot of us would purchase it.

A lot of the forum names were taken, so I picked that character name I saw in wow. What's wrong with the name and how is my forum name relevant to the subject of the thread?

From reading the rest of your post, can I assume English isn't your first language? If so, then you are probably not aware that "knockers" can be a euphemism for "breasts" in English, hence the relevance of your name to the subject matter.

I still have to question the morality of a person who comes here complaining that there's too much skin in a game where murder and torture are commonplace. What happened to our society that we find seeing a sexy woman worse than someone torturing someone?

Cause honestly, I don't see any complaints about that. And really there aren't that many people running around like that. If that's all you see then that's something with you. Apparently you are so focused on not being allowed to see it that you can't help but see it every time and it's engraved in your memory. Sounds more like a personal problem to me.