Returning player. Did they change the definitions of server size again?

supafreak

Ive been gone for about a year and Im wondering are pot5 and jung ma really only standard pop. According to torstatus they havent broken into heavy pop in at least a month. I know shortly after launch they expanded server size to help with queue times and what as once considered heavy became standard, so the number of people online was similar but the server considered heavy standard because it could fit more overall. Did they do this again within the last year?

Ive been gone for about a year and Im wondering are pot5 and jung ma really only standard pop. According to torstatus they havent broken into heavy pop in at least a month. I know shortly after launch they expanded server size to help with queue times and what as once considered heavy became standard, so the number of people online was similar but the server considered heavy standard because it could fit more overall. Did they do this again within the last year?

Nobody knows for sure, they just stated they increased the population cap on every server to allow more players (something along the lines of "superservers")

Sites like TORStatus don't have access to TOR's APIs ... never have. Which means their guesses on server populations and trends, while perhaps somewhat educated, are still sample-based guesses. BW upgraded the servers during the last consolidation, so it is possible that the player populations that registered heavy at this time last year are now registering as medium. Regardless, there is no correlation between the two ... and never will be as long as BW protects their APIs.

btw ... welcome back!

Edited by GalacticKegger

I believe they reduced it down to the 200ish mark to ease up server lag. Planets only peak around 60 I think..before they create another instance. Either way, its not huge numbers
Planets share peaks similar to fleet. Planets that are hosting special events can have multiple instances of 180+.