Hood up armor?

JalenTigh

For the people on RP servers (or just the ones who doesnt care about the AC hit we take) we STILL need at least one decent suggestion for a chest with the prefrences:

- Light armor (since we can agree there is NO medium)

- Robe (not a vest or small bands, but with a coat-style bottom)

- Not purple/pink/grey/white (but a more "evil" look)

and dont forget to tell where its from ;)

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the people on RP servers (or just the ones who doesnt care about the AC hit we take) we STILL need at least one decent suggestion for a chest with the prefrences:

the closest one has already been posted.. it is black and red.

mainly black.

it has the strips that hang down which is the closest thing to a open robe you are going to find.

it is light armor and called the traditional nylite vestments

I second this, and await the answers eagerly. ;)

I found the holy grail for us.... light armor, but it's exactly what everyone is wanting!!!

http://www.torhead.com/item/3CUD9nM/supreme-inquisitors-robe

Looks to be a random world drop armor piece though. I am constantly looking through stuff on the GTN and have yet to see this.

I found the holy grail for us.... light armor, but it's exactly what everyone is wanting!!!

Looks to be a random world drop armor piece though. I am constantly looking through stuff on the GTN and have yet to see this.

Some comments say it drops from random trash in Foundry flashpoint, what's the level tuned for ?

I wonder if I can solo the thrash at lv50 or before (I doubt it with our crappy survivability and quinn heal like crap too)

Anyway, to get it during a run over ANY light armor wearer will be tough.

To find it on the GTN is uber hard as well, especially on a low pop serv...

Sigh why don't we get something similar as medium armor readily available, I don't get it :mad:

Foundry is late 30s.... if you have Quinn geared well he should be able to. I soloed a level 40 champion mob last night (I am 41) that had 50k HP. Quinn did just fine keeping me healed. I have him in mostly leveled artifact-level gear and blues where they don't have artifact stuff. I don't know if you could solo a dungeon boss though. Be interested to see if anyone is able to... and I would love to have that!

Foundry is late 30s.... if you have Quinn geared well he should be able to. I soloed a level 40 champion mob last night (I am 41) that had 50k HP. Quinn did just fine keeping me healed. I have him in mostly leveled artifact-level gear and blues where they don't have artifact stuff. I don't know if you could solo a dungeon boss though. Be interested to see if anyone is able to... and I would love to have that!

You will NOT be able to solo the Foundry at L50.. it is a challenge for even geared L40s..

the HK-47 fight as well as Revan are butt kickers..

HK flat requires 4 people due to fight mechanics in the fight.

Sadly, that robe is restricted to Inquisitors only.

http://knotor.com/items/540150-supreme-inquisitor-s-robe

You will NOT be able to solo the Foundry at L50.. it is a challenge for even geared L40s..

the HK-47 fight as well as Revan are butt kickers..

HK flat requires 4 people due to fight mechanics in the fight.

Not true.

HK-47 can be easily defeated if you do not aggro his adds. This way he doesn't disapper and you can burn him down. Can probably be also done normally with Quinn healing as long as you don't take too long. The mechanics at no point require 4 people.

Revan is cake walk. He barely damages you at 50 and can be killed even without healing.

I wasn't able to avoid the damage enough to solo it before 50 though.

Edited by Ballrazor

Not true.

HK-47 can be easily defeated if you do not aggro his adds. This way he doesn't disapper and you can burn him down. Can probably be also done normally with Quinn healing as long as you don't take too long. The mechanics at no point require 4 people.

Revan is cake walk. He barely damages you at 50 and can be killed even without healing.

I wasn't able to avoid the damage enough to solo it before 50 though.

ok how does a single person hit all 4 switches fast enough then.. and the adds come no matter what..

ok how does a single person hit all 4 switches fast enough then.. and the adds come no matter what..

Perhaps my post wasn't clear enough. If you are standing right at HK-47 at level 50 you don't aggro the adds he spawns. they just keep spawning on the spot. Therefore the pillar in the middle doesn't decend, so there are no buttons to press.

Nearly level 30 now and I'm still wearing the level 10 tunic from Black Talon. Shameful that I have not found any better looking armour since.

lol I'm 38 and still using that one because I like the way it looks. I just keep swapping mods to make it proper.

Still looking for a hood up set of robes, hopefully moddable.

lol I'm 38 and still using that one because I like the way it looks. I just keep swapping mods to make it proper.

Still looking for a hood up set of robes, hopefully moddable.

During the beta the Entropic Assault armor - now heavy - was medium.

Why they changed this I don't think I'll ever know.

Well being that we are fixen to start doing HMs and more.. I caved in and went back to wearing a medium chest.. guild was giving me crap about wearing light instead of medium.. even though I proved it was only 100AC difference with purple chest mod.

oh well..

Wearing the Red version of the BT mar robe.

still looks pretty cool.. but miss my hood.

Well being that we are fixen to start doing HMs and more.. I caved in and went back to wearing a medium chest.. guild was giving me crap about wearing light instead of medium.. even though I proved it was only 100AC difference with purple chest mod.

oh well..

Wearing the Red version of the BT mar robe.

still looks pretty cool.. but miss my hood.

It's almost the same different between Heavy and Medium armor.

It's pretty clear for me that they messed things up between Heavy and Medium armors.

Shameless bump and 5 star rating.

This issue is important for me, particulrly because I'm on a RP server.

But those are light armour not medium if I'm correct. You lose some armour rating then.

Me too, now I really like this game but this my only real problem, it just fells like one big ***, there honestly doesn't seem to be a single hood up armour at all, not one, well except for the spiky thing from PVP I think.

With my consular I always found hood up armour but never wanted to use them on that char ironically enough.

Some comments say it drops from random trash in Foundry flashpoint, what's the level tuned for ?

I wonder if I can solo the thrash at lv50 or before (I doubt it with our crappy survivability and quinn heal like crap too)

Anyway, to get it during a run over ANY light armor wearer will be tough.

To find it on the GTN is uber hard as well, especially on a low pop serv...

Sigh why don't we get something similar as medium armor readily available, I don't get it :mad:

You can solo the foundry easily at 50. I started doing it at 41, I couldn't kill hk-47 at 41 but if you run out of his room after engaging him and just keep running back down the stairs into the hallway he will walk off the edge in his room and suicide. Now at level 44 I could take him straight up and all adds cause I resisted and deflected almost everything he did. You can disable the four locks alone but i liked to kill his adds til i had 50 extermination droids down so I could disable the generators while I was in the room already instead of running back to do it. And Revan the easiest way to beat him is stand with your back to the holoterminal so he can't push you or your companion off the edge.

Are you guys having trouble finding hood-up Light armor?

There are at least 2 craftable orange pieces. I know because I have synthweaving schematics for them (each one cost me maybe 400-500 credits to acquire).

Sorcerer's Vestments are lvl 19 orange. Black with red trim and a bit of white around the throat. There are no long hanging pieces on the front or back, so with pants this chest looks like a hooded shirt.

Traditional Nylite Vestments are lvl 23 orange. Black with red (mostly black) and are shaped like all the other Inquisitor chest pieces, meaning long 'tails' front and back.

The mats for both of those are ridiculously easy. They require maybe 150-200 Synthweaving, no more. Hell, if any of you are on Elysium and you want either of those made, feel free to drop a mail to Sliver and I will craft them for you at cost: just pay for the mats (FYI, the toon is not my main so it may take me a day or two to respond).

EDIT: Oh, I can also craft Marauder's Vest, which is a red-colored version of the Black Talon robe (hood down, orange piece, lvl 16 or maybe 19, can't remember off hand)

Edited by direborne

I bought this off GTN today. Sadly, it is Sith Inquisitor only. Warriors cannot wear it, sigh. Oh well, at least my assassin is pretty happy with it.