Raid and PVP Armor, Can bioware put as much effort in that as Cartel Market ?

Jaizo

Seriously,

Is it possible to have raid tiers and pvp armors, to look as amazing and have the same time and quality spent on them as the cartel market stuff? I dunno maybe new set bonuses instead of the same recycled stuff? Is that really too much to ask? I mean we will still spend money on the cartel market as well as pay our subs.

But in all seriousness this post is not meant to bash bioware, just to point out that for the people who spend time and money in this game running operations and also doing pvp. We bust our butts for this gear, the least you could do is make it look worth the effort and have set bonuses that reflect that. As it is now we raid and pvp for the stats and buy the armor from the cartel market to look cool..... something about that just sounds shady.

It's always the same story, every tier gets heat. 1 year later "Bioware can you bring back columi plox!!one1!".

The obroan or whatever isn't actually bad. I've seen people pull it off. The wings on the back are just ridiculous enough to flirt with neat.

It's always the same story, every tier gets heat. 1 year later "Bioware can you bring back columi plox!!one1!".

The obroan or whatever isn't actually bad. I've seen people pull it off. The wings on the back are just ridiculous enough to flirt with neat.

Still better than the Tionese-Rakata sets though imo.

Still better than the Tionese-Rakata sets though imo.

Depends on the class. Mara and Jugg stuff were pretty epic. I've got guildies salivating over old trooper gear too. Relative rarity of the gear nowadays makes it quite desirable I find. I've little doubt the story is destined to repeat itself heh.

Edited by aeterno

I think they had PvP and PvE sets look the same because people cried about having to do PvP or PvE to get a specific look?

I liked that the PvP and PvE sets were different because it gave me an incentive to do one ot the other to get the look. Kept things interesting and fun.

They shouldn't remove the old, customizable sets in the first place, just put them on some vendors and sold for cheap commendations.

2nd thing is that you can forget about them putting any effort into raid gear. You already saw the last tier. Most of it are reskins, mixed and matched (smug/knight share armor, knight/trooper share trousers) and they're even shared by both factions.

You understand that cartel market gear IS raid and pvp armour? You just gotta put mods in it.

This is the problem, this is the only game where we bust our azz to get raids and pvp done just for the stats... and not the great looking armor. This to me puts forth no true incentive. People in various MMO's always raided and did arenas to arena the best looking gear in the game, and have some pride come along with it. It would be nice to see Bioware put that kind of effort into a raid tier or pvp season.

Just Saying....

Depends on the class. Mara and Jugg stuff were pretty epic. I've got guildies salivating over old trooper gear too. Relative rarity of the gear nowadays makes it quite desirable I find. I've little doubt the story is destined to repeat itself heh.

Yep, I find the old high end trooper gear far better then any of the newer stuff. I actually feel like I'm armored, the newer stuff seems like it's missing large parts of its armor plating, or just looks bad.

Edited by mecher

This is the problem, this is the only game where we bust our azz to get raids and pvp done just for the stats... and not the great looking armor. This to me puts forth no true incentive. People in various MMO's always raided and did arenas to arena the best looking gear in the game, and have some pride come along with it. It would be nice to see Bioware put that kind of effort into a raid tier or pvp season.

Just Saying....

I camp this amazing terminal called the Galactic Trade Network (GTN). If you stare at the items long enough, you'll find a way to make credits. And people sell the Cartel market items for credits all the time. I have a full set of Cartel Gear, pets, vehicles, and even companions all from buying them from the GTN for credits.

Just saying.

Just Saying....

We can usually bust azz in the nightmare modes for that special loot items like Tank mounts etc.

However, "some" of the new Dread Forged gear is not that terrible. it is a little bit odd, but in line with the environment it belongs to. The Dread Masters always had a funny dress code

We can usually bust azz in the nightmare modes for that special loot items like Tank mounts etc.

However, "some" of the new Dread Forged gear is not that terrible. it is a little bit odd, but in line with the environment it belongs to. The Dread Masters always had a funny dress code

Pretty sure this is it - the current sets are reflective of Oricon/Dread Masters.

If you look at the previous tier, BW did at least a decent job on a bunch of the classes. I liked the gunslinger and trooper armor especially, and you can still get these easily on the PvP vendor. The Inquisitor armor looked good too, except for the helm.

Going forward, I doubt the armor will look as strange as the current tier. Though, the best things will almost always be sold through the CM in packs, and you'll just have to pick up what you like with credits on the GTN.

Would I prefer otherwise? Yes. But the game went F2P because not enough people stuck around, even though it had tons of potential and still does.

Armor is just part of what is frustrating sometimes. I'd like to see some more FPs and WZs, but they come out at only the bare-minimum pace (perhaps 1-2 a year).

Edited by arunav