Mach 5 Massacre - In-Depth Marauder Guide

Kibaken

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you for your work kiba.

just to know; have you had the oportunity to test anni and carnage on 1v1?

if so, which one came up your favorite and why?

cheers man

I'm going to be waiting for my respec cost to go down before I try Annihilation in PvP, however from what I've seen they both have their advantages.

Annihilation is innately less squishy - even without cooldowns - because they have the percentage based heal from Rupture. However, Carnage's burst can give you a psychological advantage, as stupid as that sounds.

Getting a Scream Crit into a Ravage (with Gore up, of course) while my Crit/Surge trinket is up is INSANE burst. It can easily bring someone to half health. That big of drop that quick will make less-than-sub-par player panic and lose focus. Use things like that to your advantage.

Knowing when to use cool-downs, when to Berserk+Frenzy+Blood Thirst, and when to pop Undying Rage are important in every tree. Knowing those things and, probably most importantly, knowing when to save/use Charge, knowing when to use Deadly Throw and remembering to always put Crippling Slash up are important PvP things to learn in general. If you learn how to use the base Marauder skills the rest will come naturally.

Heres my build for annihilation :D. http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100MIbRrR0fGzZRGb.1 You can put it in your annih part of your guide because i didn't see one :o if you want too.

It's not a huge link; it's there, though.

I noticed a dps gain from using Mass > Gore > Rav then force scream after the second animation from Rav.

I've been playing around with the cutting-Ravage-off rotation and while I see the viability of it I don't like it. Reducing the GCD is nice, however Gore + trinket + Ravage has my last hit hitting the hardest 2.1k critting up to 3k.

Is the whole 110% accuracy confirmed?

That's the number that's being most commonly used. Without parsing/data-mining/being told what our defense cap will be there's really no way to tell. Unless you want to sit there doing 10 million attacks and counting how many parries by hand :p

I've been playing around with the cutting-Ravage-off rotation and while I see the viability of it I don't like it. Reducing the GCD is nice, however Gore + trinket + Ravage has my last hit hitting the hardest 2.1k critting up to 3k.

Are you using Mass before gore? In theory Ravage could proc ataru with mass buff on.

Only thing that I'm still trying to figure out is our 4 set bonus for T1. Set bonus says Reduces Frenzy CD by 15 sec's. Now is that Blood Frenzy they refer to or something else cause the internal GCD for Blood frenzy is 6 sec's.

NM it's for Frenzy. Would have been abit OP if it was Blood Frenzy

Edited by Kenshinth

To start off, excellent guide. Second, I have a couple questions that maybe people here know the answer to...

1. I saw it asked, but didn’t see a response. Is it actually possible to maintain 3 stacks of Deadly Saber?

2. When you use Gore+Ravage, if Gore expires mid way through Ravage, do you still get the Armor Pen for the last Ravage attack because it was up when you activated Ravage?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Only thing that I'm still trying to figure out is our 4 set bonus for T1. Set bonus says Reduces Frenzy CD by 15 sec's. Now is that Blood Frenzy they refer to or something else cause the internal GCD for Blood frenzy is 6 sec's.

NM it's for Frenzy. Would have been abit OP if it was Blood Frenzy

Frenzy is the ability we get (at level 50 iirc) that automatically gives us 30 stacks of Fury. It's reduced CD on that.

Does Power increase the damage of Ataru procs, the extra energy damage?

Power increases Weapon and Force damage.

To start off, excellent guide. Second, I have a couple questions that maybe people here know the answer to...

1. I saw it asked, but didn’t see a response. Is it actually possible to maintain 3 stacks of Deadly Saber?

2. When you use Gore+Ravage, if Gore expires mid way through Ravage, do you still get the Armor Pen for the last Ravage attack because it was up when you activated Ravage?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

1) No. The bleed lasts 6 seconds and Deadly Saber's CD is 12. Assuming you use an ability every GCD the max uptime will be around 9 seconds. That's off the top of my head.

2) A lot of people are saying no, however I always notice my last hit to hit the hardest, by far. Unless we get a response to BioWare on how buff mechanics work I'm assuming it's like how WoW works - as long as the cast gets off before the buff wears off the entire ability gets it. I could be completely wrong, though. It would be silly for a heal to not get a Force power bonus because the buff wore off halfway through the cast.

Edited by Kibaken

Qns, can hungering works if im in ataru form?

Yes, and in theory for a leveling build you could put points into it, but you'd only be gimping yourself in the long run.

The third hit of ravage will always be largest, gore or no gore. Compare a hit when gore expires early to when it is up for the third hit. The difference is very easily noticeable.

I'm going to have to do a bit more testing if this many people truly think it doesn't. Ravage needs to be completely reworked if we really do need to end up canceling it after two hits.

Hey mate great guide! just got a few questions, ive been a 50 marauder running Annihilation spec all the way, i'm in a guild and becoming well geared as i can be for now. I took up artificing right away to be able to make enhancements and such which is where my question comes in, the pvp gear i have has higher crit than what i can make but no acc :/, i was able to make a enhancement that gives both acc and crit (with 5 crit behind the enhancements of the pvp) but no surge meaning my crit dmg will drop, i am currently sitting on 100.47% acc so i want to reach the cap of 110%, should i go with the acc boost enhancements to help reach the cap? or keep with the crit/surge ones to keep crit dmg high? Thanks!

Hey mate great guide! just got a few questions, ive been a 50 marauder running Annihilation spec all the way, i'm in a guild and becoming well geared as i can be for now. I took up artificing right away to be able to make enhancements and such which is where my question comes in, the pvp gear i have has higher crit than what i can make but no acc :/, i was able to make a enhancement that gives both acc and crit (with 5 crit behind the enhancements of the pvp) but no surge meaning my crit dmg will drop, i am currently sitting on 100.47% acc so i want to reach the cap of 110%, should i go with the acc boost enhancements to help reach the cap? or keep with the crit/surge ones to keep crit dmg high? Thanks!

Personally, unless you are seeing alot of misses, I would stay the way you are. As you get more pve gear for raids and HM's, your crit and surge rating will will go up with your acc. The pvp gear is a nice filler, but ultimately it will be replaced quickly as you do more pve content.

Dont get rid of your pvp gear, it's invaluable for the expertise when you DO pvp.

The 110% cap is just theory - and as the above poster said if your specials aren't getting parried/blocked/dodged/etc at all just try to max Crit/Surge. Any parries/dodges/etc are a detriment to your DPS overall and a waste of not only Rage but a GCD as well, and at that point you may want to add Accuracy until you don't have any more parries.

Also as the above poster said, try to PvP to make up gear gaps and, of course, be sure to save that for when you do PvP.

I'm of the belief that - come the time parsing comes up - the itemization that comes standard on the gear will be more than enough. Without full loot tables (at least I haven't found one) it's hard to tell exactly what kinds of enhancements/mods will be able to be made that are on par with Tier 3 gear. Because of that, I have a feeling that the balance of stats present on the gear will go a long way to make sure we have enough Accuracy as well as a balance of Crit, Surge, and Power to go a long way for all the specs.

While I add weights, so to speak, based on logic and how I feel the spec plays they aren't backed up by any math. It could be odd enough to the point that each spec values Crit, Power and Surge the same. I wouldn't worry too much about min/maxing until parsing becomes available or if your guild is having major enrage-timer troubles.

When is this thing getting stickied? :[

Edited by Kibaken