S-12 Blackbolt design not like advertised on game client.

KaitoX

As the tittle says the S-12 Blackbolt we have in game currently is not like the Blackbolt advertised on the game client. On the game client,it shows the Blackbolt's s-foils open,yet in game the s-foils are closed and in my opinion taking away from one of the coolest parts of the Blackbolt's design.:(

I would appreciate any word from the devs on a fix for this.Please lets us use the advertised Blackbolt,leave the s-foils open!:eek:

• 2 weeks later...

I agree.

I thought by maxing out my S-12 gear to a Master level I would get the s-foil. That did not work. But I do get a 10% bonus to ship and fleet requisition when using that ship.

Also, where's the "bomber" that on the wallpaper? I like that ship.

Then lastly, the Imp striker ships are just plain UGLY...they don't even look Empire.

Edited by Rykohr

The engine won't support it!

No, seriously guys, OP is right. They said somewhere that the engine can't support opening them in flight, and as it's only a cosmetic issue, it's lower priority than developing bombers and infiltrators. Don't have a source on me, though, and phone posting sucks, so you'll just have to take my word for it for now.

Well if you read the little EULA you click every-time You log in it says things are "Subject Too Change" This is a developers get out of jail free card when they directly lie too the player base.

Lie? Or make changes in line with what they can actually complete and what they are allowed to do when given the OK by Lucasarts/Disney.

While you might not be able to deploy the foils in-flight due to engine limitations, the model is clearly in the game. Just go to the Cartel Market and preview the 'SI-01 Imperial Scout Paint Job'. The display ship that pops up is the blackbolt with foils deployed like an x-wing.

While you might not be able to deploy the foils in-flight due to engine limitations, the model is clearly in the game. Just go to the Cartel Market and preview the 'SI-01 Imperial Scout Paint Job'. The display ship that pops up is the blackbolt with foils deployed like an x-wing.

I was naive and purchased that paint job thinking it would open the foils on the Blackbolt like that :jawa_tongue:

Oh well, at least I still use it on my scouts. It wasn't a total waste.

• 3 weeks later...
I was naive and purchased that paint job thinking it would open the foils on the Blackbolt like that :jawa_tongue:

Oh well, at least I still use it on my scouts. It wasn't a total waste.

Hehe, I also noticed the Preview window when I purchased a cosmetic upgrade showed the S-foils open, and I bought it primarily for that purpose. Once in-combat the S-foil was still closed after applying the purchase, sadly.

that's the Interceptor, the slightly bigger sister to the Blackbolt... the quad engine design gives it better thrust and overall speed over it's little sister...

No, it's not, unfortunately. The Sting is the interceptor. Datamining has indicated that the third Scout and third Strike have some sort of "command and control" component, and that they are actually slower and heavier than either of the other Scouts/Strikes, and that they have access to rocket pods and torpedoes for taking out objectives, not ship-to-ship missiles.

Though that makes me wish they used the Sting model for the "command" ship and the S-foil-open model for the Sting.

maybe, maybe not , but the Sting is not an Interceptor... unless they decided to cut the front of it's wings off and change it's loadout mounting placements... did they even announce what the 3rd Scout is gonna look like yet?.. for all we know, it may be the one i showed with a different loadout from the Blackbolt, possibly even the one you mention but in that sexy package that i keep linking too, lol... Edited by Elly_Dawn

• 4 weeks later...
I'd like a dev answer on this as well. Now that the full expansion is out, people are wondering where this design is.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20140203

• June 10th: Game Update 2.8
    • Nightmare Mode Dread Palace Operation
    • New ships and an entirely new Ship Role for Galactic Starfighter
    • And much more… this is going to be the biggest update up to this point - we will reveal more once we are a bit closer to June

That is referring to the Infiltrator class, which have their own distinct suite of models.

Scouts, Strikes, Gunships and Bombers all have a third variant model appearance. Datamining has indicated that in the case of the third Scout and third Strike, they get a special system ability that buffs allies in various ways. They're still Scouts and Strikes though.

If I were you though, I'd just get used to the Blackbolt and Sting. From what datamining showed, the third Scout variant (which has S-foils open) had absolutely non-sensical and contradictory component options, much like the Dustmaker Gunship.

The third Strike seemed more competently designed though.

That is referring to the Infiltrator class, which have their own distinct suite of models.

New ships AND a new ship role.

There are already a lot of ingame screenshots from cantina tour which show some of the new models and some are showcased in the new starfighter hangar bay on the fleet.

No, it's not, unfortunately. The Sting is the interceptor. Datamining has indicated that the third Scout and third Strike have some sort of "command and control" component, and that they are actually slower and heavier than either of the other Scouts/Strikes, and that they have access to rocket pods and torpedoes for taking out objectives, not ship-to-ship missiles.

I'm somewhat puzzled by the idea of heavier ships designed for taking out objectives. Domination doesn't even have any objectives that can't be adequately handled by existing scout/strikers and I can't imagine an even slower striker being a good thing.

If "command and control" translates to "lots and lots of CCs" I have doubts that adding that would be a good thing.

Honestly I'd much prefer the Type 3s to be rewards for achieving mastery of the Type 1s and 2s in a class and has access to all Type 1 & 2 components so you can kit it out with your ideal component combo.

This should be addressed by someone from the Dev team, especially considering it now also shows the Blackholt with its S-Foils open on the new 7 Day Starfighter Pass on the Cartel Market.

It does not say anywhere at all that that is a Blackbolt. Stop drawing assumptions.