GSF - What it need, what is missing, what we could be without.

SBR_QuorTek

First off... leave all ship types as it is, this is a skill based game regardless of whichever you like to do and fit for you, no ships really have any bonus over another other than appeal to what you can handle or NOT.

The GSF game in many ways is a joke from bioware, none offense meant to all the lovers of this of course, but see it with the eyes from a veteran, a personality like me.

GSF need/miss:

1. Full stick support with up to 4 axis's or more (yaw/pitch/roll/throttle)

2. Full control over throttle, you want it to be at 25%, 90% 95% or whichever you decide it to be, full throttle control allow you more precise flying.

3. (Not hating I just don't get the point, not really starwars alike) Gunboats.... *** is up with going somewhere sitting somewhere... doing nothing somewhere trying to shoot people with a sniper, instead make gunboats be in need of a crew of players, the gunboat is slow moving but moving around shooting at things with turrets manned by players instead, else it is just plain silly.

4. Space need content and free form, so we are not always forced to queu up with 8 other ******* or 4 if dual premade, like you can find open world PvP you should be able to find open world space PvP as well, and would actually evolve into more serious events as well.

5. The domination maps is getting boring, how about finding a better way to capture rather than having to spin some satelite for a long duration.

6. more speed into this, even when flying a scout it feel like you are getting nowhere, 5 to 10x more speed for all and let us make it interesting for all.

7. Ignore haters of whichever ship type, each ship type requires skill to master, this is not the dirtside system anymore where you target something and faceroll on the keyboard, you have to aim and fire/lock or whichever in a 3D room, meaning you sort of have an X,Y,Z system you have to rely on where hits will land.

8. sort of mentioned earlier a big sandbox or actual space PvE + Dailies would be nice, and no I do not want to refere to the be on rail flying around being a moron with no control over where you want to go, but actually picking your ship and go somewhere in space, also space Ops of some kind? full control aiming and all, including being able to be on taking down epic stuff.

9. First person view or cockpit view with being able to turn the hud off as well.

GSF Could be without:

1. The Domination system, or at least find a more clever way to hold space instead of getting a headache flying around a little thing, we need more combat rather than 'holding' or add a system you can only friend of foe to the satelite be close to it for like 20 seconds then it will start to radiate damage to you or something, making it a more chase 5K out and back in a again allowing more twitch battles as well.

2. any ship upgrades, just put all into it already and let people configure the stuff they want it to be, no point in an actual grind in a skill based system, and also having to do it is a huge disadvantage for new players, we want people on same ground, don't want to shoot nubs because they don't have x amount of evasion to have a better chance and self spendt like 100K req. or something, if you guys see the point about this as it is, we do not need an upper hand to be awesome at this.

3. remove the can only queu in with 4 at a time, allow full squads of 12 to queu up together, so you are not always stuck on 8 people who does not know how fly or never will be able to ever.

my 2c

Ships are already moving at upwards of 2 km/s I don't think we need more speed at all.

secondly allowing teams of 12 to queue together would be stupid you would just have the occasional group of 12 all in voip ****** everything, no just no unless they put in a ranked gsf.

Just thought of this but moving interactive environments... I think of the Han Solo flight through the asteroid field, the asteroids were not stationary, they were moving as all objects in space are, so people had to dodge and pay attention not know exactly where everything would be all the time.

I would like to see fog and clouds too like on mesa that are not exhaustion zones let people fly through the clouds or hide in the clouds or fog to evad or ambush etc.

Other stellar phenomena a sun that makes it hard to look at and spot people, nebulas, and things like the Maw near the kessel run, things that can mess with sensors, or gravity wells with black holes that make flight paths weird etc.

I think all of those things would add to the system make it more star wars like and add new elements of game play. Even just the moving asteroid field maybe even with some asteroids large enough to fly into.

As far of equipment upgrades, I would have preferred to see that improvements had more give and take so that every "upgrade" is actually unlocks options to improve one specification at the cost of another. One good example of this is already in game, in the form of the 5th tier cluster missile upgrade that increases damage at the cost of halving the total ammo pool.

The end result is that fully upgraded ships simply have more options to customize their ships to their fighting style rather than straight up power.

First off... leave all ship types as it is, this is a skill based game regardless of whichever you like to do and fit for you, no ships really have any bonus over another other than appeal to what you can handle or NOT.

The GSF game in many ways is a joke from bioware, none offense meant to all the lovers of this of course, but see it with the eyes from a veteran, a personality like me.

GSF need/miss:

1. Full stick support with up to 4 axis's or more (yaw/pitch/roll/throttle)

2. Full control over throttle, you want it to be at 25%, 90% 95% or whichever you decide it to be, full throttle control allow you more precise flying.

3. (Not hating I just don't get the point, not really starwars alike) Gunboats.... *** is up with going somewhere sitting somewhere... doing nothing somewhere trying to shoot people with a sniper, instead make gunboats be in need of a crew of players, the gunboat is slow moving but moving around shooting at things with turrets manned by players instead, else it is just plain silly.

4. Space need content and free form, so we are not always forced to queu up with 8 other ******* or 4 if dual premade, like you can find open world PvP you should be able to find open world space PvP as well, and would actually evolve into more serious events as well.

5. The domination maps is getting boring, how about finding a better way to capture rather than having to spin some satelite for a long duration.

6. more speed into this, even when flying a scout it feel like you are getting nowhere, 5 to 10x more speed for all and let us make it interesting for all.

7. Ignore haters of whichever ship type, each ship type requires skill to master, this is not the dirtside system anymore where you target something and faceroll on the keyboard, you have to aim and fire/lock or whichever in a 3D room, meaning you sort of have an X,Y,Z system you have to rely on where hits will land.

8. sort of mentioned earlier a big sandbox or actual space PvE + Dailies would be nice, and no I do not want to refere to the be on rail flying around being a moron with no control over where you want to go, but actually picking your ship and go somewhere in space, also space Ops of some kind? full control aiming and all, including being able to be on taking down epic stuff.

9. First person view or cockpit view with being able to turn the hud off as well.

GSF Could be without:

1. The Domination system, or at least find a more clever way to hold space instead of getting a headache flying around a little thing, we need more combat rather than 'holding' or add a system you can only friend of foe to the satelite be close to it for like 20 seconds then it will start to radiate damage to you or something, making it a more chase 5K out and back in a again allowing more twitch battles as well.

2. any ship upgrades, just put all into it already and let people configure the stuff they want it to be, no point in an actual grind in a skill based system, and also having to do it is a huge disadvantage for new players, we want people on same ground, don't want to shoot nubs because they don't have x amount of evasion to have a better chance and self spendt like 100K req. or something, if you guys see the point about this as it is, we do not need an upper hand to be awesome at this.

3. remove the can only queu in with 4 at a time, allow full squads of 12 to queu up together, so you are not always stuck on 8 people who does not know how fly or never will be able to ever.

By and large these are requests for a completely different game. This isn't going to happen. I wouldn't count on joystick either. Its not really compatible with the current aiming system because the mouse moves the reticule inside the targeting circle. Heck, they might do it but I still wouldn't use it.

If you want to play a space fighter flightsimulator there are a lot of other choices out there.

Good luck!

By and large these are requests for a completely different game. This isn't going to happen. I wouldn't count on joystick either. Its not really compatible with the current aiming system because the mouse moves the reticule inside the targeting circle. Heck, they might do it but I still wouldn't use it.

If you want to play a space fighter flightsimulator there are a lot of other choices out there.

Good luck!

By large interest this is for the Starwars people, not sure if any of you guys played starwars galaxies, but a touch from the space part there, would make the space part in biowares half failed worth playing more intense and draw back some of the real aces as well.

If you like starwars this much, I cannot see why you oppose it.

First off... leave all ship types as it is

:rak_02:

p.s. learn to ask for things that don't involve a 100% rewrite of something they've already done

Edited by FridgeLM

By large interest this is for the Starwars people, not sure if any of you guys played starwars galaxies, but a touch from the space part there, would make the space part in biowares half failed worth playing more intense and draw back some of the real aces as well.

If you like starwars this much, I cannot see why you oppose it.

No need to waste time on a game 3 people were playing.

Yeah, I went there.

And who are these aces we need to draw in? I play against good pilots every day. If you want to play SWG, log into the EMU.

Edited by Arkerus

Just going to voice opinions on the "Do Withouts" here...

GSF Could be without:

1. Domination style is a bread-and-butter PvP game type, right along with Capture the Flag. Personally, I'd love to see an objective capture game, not unlike Voidstar in ground PvP (granted with space-appropriate style gating systems). I also wouldn't mind seeing attrition as a victory condition being more than it already is (awarding 1 victory point per kill). But it's still early. There's plenty of time for them to make more game style maps, and make them right. In the meantime, hone your skills.

2) I love the upgrade system. Like every MMO, it isn't just about the grind... it's the sense of accomplishment when you hit that top tier. By the same token as you stated, why even have a leveling system in the game? Just start everyone at 55, give them top tier equipment, and let them have at. Because it defeats the purpose of playing the game, that's why. Besides, we're getting a benefit as subscribers because we give them money every month to continue funding this game. I don't mind that we're going to have an edge over the freeloade... I mean, free-to-players when they get access.

3) Wait, sorry, I misread that. I'm mixed feelings about that. But isn't ground PvP the same way, only standard 4-person groups can queue together? Same reason and that, I'm sure... to not let overwhelmingly good teams queue full together. You can still hit the queue button together and sometimes get the same match.

Edited by RCSlyman

I have a question for you. How do you lure people like me into the GSF?

I spent 2 days in beta and never set foot in there. Neither did any of my friends. The only time any of us queue for GSF is to do the daily for xp while leveling. How do you lure this bunch in there?

Now you can always ignore people like me but wont more pilots make the game better?