help me find my pvp class?

LordBanjax

Hi, I like stealth and ranged. Is there a decent combo of the two in this game? If not, what are your recommendations for ranged pvp these days? Much thanks.

Stealth and ranged in this game?

Only lag.

Happens out of nowhere and follows anywhere. Very lethal at wzs.

However must say BW does some good job fixing it, weekly maintenances significantly reduce it :cool:

Edited by helloder

THE MARAUDER class has short time stealth and 30m ranged attacks. ROFL.

You forgot the undying rage / guarded by the force which makes marauder / sentinel perfect tanks*

And watchman / annihilation spec also has healZ for the group! :eek:

Marauder is universal multipurpose soldier :p

* for 4 sec

Edited by helloder

There are no true ranged stealth Advanced Classes. That said, If PvP is your priority, don't pick Sage/Inquisitor or Commando/Merc. They're ok for levelling, but they are totally dysfunctional for endgame PvP and will leave you frustrated.

The only really effective ranged dps for high-end PvP right now is Gunslinger/Sniper. They have the tools to be a real turret, unlike the other two ranged Advanced Classes. The only effective stealth dps class for high-end PvP right now is Sage/Assassin. Scoundrel/Operative dps is underpowered and resource-contrained, notwithstanding great utility, but the heal spec is by far the best for PvP due to the mobile HoTs, instant AoE mez, highly mobile roll ability and in-combat stealth escapes. Almost all the Ops you see on the pvp leaderboards are healers.

So as someone already said, your choice is really between Gunslinger/Sniper for ranged and Sage/Assassin for melee dps, unless you plan to heal in which case it's Scoundrel/Operative.

Edited by klham

There are no true ranged stealth Advanced Classes. That said, If PvP is your priority, don't pick Sage/Inquisitor or Commando/Merc. They're ok for levelling, but they are totally dysfunctional for endgame PvP and will leave you frustrated.

The only really effective ranged dps for high-end PvP right now is Gunslinger/Sniper. They have the tools to be a real turret, unlike the other two ranged Advanced Classes. The only effective stealth dps class for high-end PvP right now is Sage/Assassin. Scoundrel/Operative dps is underpowered and resource-contrained, notwithstanding great utility, but the heal spec is by far the best for PvP due to the mobile HoTs, instant AoE mez, highly mobile roll ability and in-combat stealth escapes. Almost all the Ops you see on the pvp leaderboards are healers.

So as someone already said, your choice is really between Gunslinger/Sniper for ranged and Sage/Assassin for melee dps, unless you plan to heal in which case it's Scoundrel/Operative.

Never listen to somebody about classes that doesn't know what they are called. Playing any class as a turret in endgame pvp is unviable. Balance/madness sages/sorcs have a load of maneuverability from force speed and their low cd root while maintaining dps and great utility from their pull and off heals. They also don't really have a hard counter if played properly aside from stealth.

Thanks, I have leveled a sage up to just 12 at the moment and really enjoying it. Was hoping someone would pipe in with similar info. Not sure how they play out at max level but my guildie loves his sage for pvp so that's fueling my desire a little as well. But tempted to give the gunslinger some more time as well. Really like those big numbers ;-) but he utility to be able to offheal is proving invaluable.

I want to be able to attack while remaining in stealth. Which class is best for me?

You've tapped into exactly what I was looking for thank you! Great minds right?!? AM I RIGHT?!?! And if we could trim the skills down into 1 button that I mash over and over... and OVER, it'd be perfect.

Actually, what I was going for was more of a ranged stealthing class like I had in DAOC. Akin to Hunter/Scout/Ranger from that game.

Glad to see some people suggested the Lethality Operative. Whilst it is in a bit of a bad place at the moment (thanks to all the Operative healers running around) it is still a very fun spec with a high skill cap and a lot of mobility. And it does involve both stealth play and ranged kiting.

According to the OP's signature, though, he already has a Scoundrel...so why did he need to ask? :D

Glad to see some people suggested the Lethality Operative. Whilst it is in a bit of a bad place at the moment (thanks to all the Operative healers running around) it is still a very fun spec with a high skill cap and a lot of mobility. And it does involve both stealth play and ranged kiting.

According to the OP's signature, though, he already has a Scoundrel...so why did he need to ask? :D

Played my scoundrel to max level on release and didn't give the other classes much of a shot. Life got busy, I quit and have recently come back. I actually do spec my Scoundrel DF but not really enjoying the playstyle anymore. Was curious if there are better options. Thinking of giving the Sage or Slinger a show now after more reading.

Thanks, I have leveled a sage up to just 12 at the moment and really enjoying it. Was hoping someone would pipe in with similar info. Not sure how they play out at max level but my guildie loves his sage for pvp so that's fueling my desire a little as well. But tempted to give the gunslinger some more time as well. Really like those big numbers ;-) but he utility to be able to offheal is proving invaluable.

I have a 55 sorc. I'm not a pro, i'm sure you're not either. If you put alot of time practicing, reading and pvping a really good sorc can destroy any classes. But decent sorc (like me and 90% of sorcs) just gets killed by most melee classes. Yes you have your bubble , force speed and heals. Your bubble usually break before the GCD is finish, and you will see that 70% of your games will be running from the fight to heal to full...

Snipers have more useful tools, they're ranged dps and unlike sorc, while in cover snipers cannot get charged by melees, and you have a spell which makes you immune to stuns for a couple of seconds.. dps is alot better on snipers and I feel they are more usefull to a group than a dps sorc.

But that's just my 2 cents.

In the end play what you like because a good sorc will dominate in pvp, so does a good sniper.

I have a 55 sorc. I'm not a pro, i'm sure you're not either. If you put alot of time practicing, reading and pvping a really good sorc can destroy any classes. But decent sorc (like me and 90% of sorcs) just gets killed by most melee classes. Yes you have your bubble , force speed and heals. Your bubble usually break before the GCD is finish, and you will see that 70% of your games will be running from the fight to heal to full...

Snipers have more useful tools, they're ranged dps and unlike sorc, while in cover snipers cannot get charged by melees, and you have a spell which makes you immune to stuns for a couple of seconds.. dps is alot better on snipers and I feel they are more usefull to a group than a dps sorc.

But that's just my 2 cents.

In the end play what you like because a good sorc will dominate in pvp, so does a good sniper.

Thank you. From one non-pro person to another. Thank you ;-)