Thlaylie

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigh.

I am dead serious.

This is the one bad thing in this game and I'm talking about the 2 minutes or more wait.

I actually don't have time for that and consider yourself lucky if you do.

I am one of the people that has to work the holidays so all you naysayers can have it off and play all that time.

I'll just play space battles and lower world repeats until I'm at least 5 levels over the opponents, that should make things flow better.

I am currently fighting a Sith with worthless Corso and a Jedi that I believe is taking a nap as well as the cover throwing me all over the place facing the opposite direction from my opponent.

Edited by Thlaylie

Sigh.

I am dead serious.

This is the one bad thing in this game and I'm talking about the 2 minutes or more wait.

I actually don't have time for that and consider yourself lucky if you do.

I am one of the people that has to work the holidays so all you naysayers can have it off and play all that time.

I'll just play space battles and lower world repeats until I'm at least 5 levels over the opponents, that should make things flow better.

You may return to your trolling now.

Ah, don't make them feel bad. They're just having fun.

Can the OP name one MMO ever made that has a more non existent death penalty than this one? This game was designed from the ground up with you in mind, to make it as easy as possible for you to die over and over and never have to worry about it. The idea that its too tough is really baffling to me.

Yes, I have a job too. I'm an adult and don't have tons of time to play either. But if you could just press a button and spring back to life with full health as soon as you die, what would be the point? Why not just be invincible? Would there be any difference?

The only difference now is that you have to wait a few seconds/minutes before you spring back to life, and you have to click the self heal button for a few seconds before you are healed fully again. You get to be invisible when you do that. Then you have to pay a few credits the next time you are at any vendor, to repair your gear.

Seriously, it couldn't be any more designed with you in mind, every other MMO I've played in my life has actual penalties for dying, not just a clock and credit fee. The very reason this one doesn't is so it appeals to you, the very casual gamer.

I still think you might be trolling, just to get a laugh. If so, you got me, well played.

Sigh.

I am currently fighting a Sith with worthless Corso and a Jedi that I believe is taking a nap as well as the cover throwing me all over the place facing the opposite direction from my opponent.

Sigh indeed,

Is this even english?

I'm sorry this game clearly isn't for you I guess, there is like almost no death penalty, the penalty gets slightly longer, but if it's too low for you (2min) go back to the medcenter it's almost instant and your less the a 5min walk to the objective.

You may be playing this game all wrong or your not using your class right, which is easy to do since the game just came out, I still have trouble playing some of my classes.

What kind of games do you play? To get and idea, I wasn't going to respond since I figured you where prob like a 10 year old kid or something, and I don't want to be mean, but if your really an adult..... what are you actually looking for? Do you want to run around and never die? Do you understand how ridiculous that sounds?

Edited by krozall

I am a casual gamer.

I don't have time to wait for some arbitrary countdown to play.

After a few times I just walk away from the game.

Devs, you don't want me to walk away.

It should be made an option for those who are seeking more realism and don't have as limited a time to play.

if you search more realism just delete your char every time you die.

that's realistic.

if you search more realism just delete your char every time you die.

that's realistic.

LOL There was a similar thread from a hardcore player demanding higher penalties for death and one poster told him he should just delete and item of armor each time so he'd have the penalties he desired :D

I know what you mean. But once the timer gets too big, 9 min on fourth ress I think, you are supposed to click the ress at medical center option.

They don't want you to wait 9 min for the rezz, they just give you the option. But the normal thing is, you died, so you failed, so start from the medical center.

You still have 3 fast resses (8sec,30sec,2min), and the opion to wait 9min for the 4th. And otherwise, jsut ress at medical center. It won't take more than 9 min to get back to where you died.

Does anyone remember the death penelty from EQ1. Now anyone who can will agree with me when I say, no MMO today has anyting close to a "propper" penelty when you die :p

Oh, how many times did I fall down in LvL do to death :p

lol I still have nightmares about that.

How about a little Ultima Online action - when you die, anyone can come by and steal everything you had on you, even equipped gear. Full loot is only for the hardcore baby.

What?!? You can't wait 8 seconds?

I think the OP is referring to the fact that it goes up if you choose to simply 'res'. I've had it up close to 3 minutes a few times , but I'm not complaining. The 'penalty' in this game for death is a joke. No, really, it's a joke!

If you've had it up to 9 minutes, yeah, you WANT to go to the med center, because that armor of yours, that weapon? It's TOAST

OP, don't mind people making fun of you. You have a job and responsibilites unlike forum kids. That being said, I suggest checking out EVE Online. It is also a space MMO and death penalities there are far less stupid.

I am a casual gamer.

I don't have time to wait for some arbitrary countdown to play.

After a few times I just walk away from the game.

Devs, you don't want me to walk away.

It should be made an option for those who are seeking more realism and don't have as limited a time to play.

Devs maybe don't but the rest of the player base suddenly wishes it!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.