Account wide friend list

jaysor

I support this OP. Would be a nice feature!

And I would like to add to this.

gonna add to this , hope its not off topic add pub/imp toons on our account to the list or let us ..

I think this is a fair idea as well. But, I'm looking at it as more for my alts. When crafting on said char pub/imp and sending it to the the opposite faction character it would be a big convienience if you could add your own legacy characters (pub/imp) for the mailing alone. Instead of typing out each characters name, having it automatically come up in the mailbox.

Again not a game breaker by any means but, it would be a nice little thing to have.

• 1 month later...
I would just like to give this a bump as taking a look at my unwieldy friends list makes me want to cry. Being able to have account/legacy wide friends would really help a lot. In a game that encourages alt play as much as this one does, I think this should definitely be considered a must-have feature.

i like this idea. i think using /LFRIEND <NAME> should send a prompt to that player that they need to accept in order for you to have them listed on all your characters. one complication is if they are on a imp while your on your pub, it would be nice to communicate with them. if you have a character you should be able to hide form your legacy friends by choosing an option under social options for that character, so u click a "hide this character from legacy friends" box.

There should also be a /LIGNORE <NAME> that prompts the person who entered the command if they are sure.

• 1 month later...

{SIGNED}

Here's my overview of what 's been discussed along with my own personal spin on to make the feature functional...

Legacy/Account Friend Request Feature:

* Players could send Friend Requests that would identify themselves by either their Legacy Name (if possible) or

BioWare / SWTOR Log-In Name

* The person receiving the request then can either Confirm or Deny the request

Legacy/Account Friend List Features:

* Players who have a friend's Legacy/Account in their list could see all the basic player information and character

information of their friend when online along with what faction or what server they are currently on

* Players would be able to cross communicate with someone via the Legacy/Account Name regardless of what

faction or server their friend was playing on

* Players would be able to set themselves in certain 'statuses' to inform their friend what they are up to, such as:

AFK, Busy, Available, Do Not Disturb, and a Privacy Mode (shown offline to all friends),

Legacy/Account Ignore List Features:

* To prevent harassment by another player who's been ignored on one character and comes back to contact the

same player on an alt, players could have the option to Ignore a player's entire Legacy/Account

* This wouldn't require the other party to accept obviously as they shouldn't have a say in the matter like the current

Ignore System

{ADDITIONAL} Legacy/Account Guild Invite Ban:

* If someone is removed from a guild for a specific reason, guild officers would have the ability to place a player's

Legacy/Account on a ban that would prevent the undesirable player from trying to get back into the guild on an alt

to cause trouble / avoid being kicked out

Pros:

* No longer having to send friend requests to a friend's individual alts on every character per faction to know when

they are online

* Provides easier way for friends to communicate with each other regardless of their character or location in-game

so as to just chat or arrange to meet up somewhere in particular

Cons:

* Possible yet minimal exploit to sabotage PvP by planting Legacy/Account Friends in the opposing faction's match

or open world PvP to 'spy' and relay information to a friend on the opposing faction

* Would require BioWare to create an in-game mechanic to implement this feature plus time and money

(NOTE: However, the SWTOR Community would be very grateful for this investment in improving our gaming experience! :D)

Edited by Dragaunus

• 1 year later...

I have 2 thoughts on this, Obviously one is this might have to be account wide yet still faction restricted friends list. You shouldn't be on a pub toon and be able to see imp friends online anyways makes no sense there. Also having a imp side credit spamer block on pub side does nothing but waste a slot on the ignore list and vice versa.

Second in regards to a possible privacy concern give each to the ability to login in a sorta stealth mode that block friends list. Of course another idea is to use the ingame AFK tag.

With those being said an account/faction wide friends/ignore list is way overdue so.

/signed

• 9 months later...
I quit WoW to play this, and this is one of the biggest things I miss. They are in the dark ages on some features. I was very surprised that you cannot Legacy Friend someone. This, and flying mounts, and under water would be great! Here we have a game with space travel, and it's pretty 2D or Fly-By-Wire in a lot of ways. I know, WoW has 10+ years on it, and I hope it evolves. I am liking many things much more that WoW over all.

YES! Please...

Having 15 friends lists is stupid, not only that but having to copy, 15 copys of a friend into each characters friends lists sucks. Plus sending a whole list of character names to your friend so they can add them to all of their friends lists also sucks.

A single friends list for all charactars accrss both factions would help so much. That way if you're on an Imp and a Repub friend loggs on YOU KNOW IT, and so do they. You dont have to keep multiple copies of friends in both factions lists then log in and out of a charactar or faction to see if your friends are on making grouping with your friends MUCH easier.