Why can't I make a fat chick???

DanikasDad

So I went to make a new Toon for myself to run with my son who is setting up a F2P account. I already have a fat dude, and I wanted to make a fat chick (mostly so I could put her in a bikini, what can I say, more cushion for the pushin) and I can't.

What is the deal BioWare? Why are my only options for female characters conventionally attractive? You can make a fat dude, why not a fat chick?

To all the folks who will consider this, if you think body type 4 is fat you are nuts, and I hope you enjoy aneorexic chicks, cause that is what the rest of them look like.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically male 4 isn't fat either. Male 4 is really more of a power lifter physique. "Worlds Strongest Man Competition" type deal. You take off their chest piece and that are fairly defined and lacking in actual fat.

Female Body Type 3 isn't anorexic.)

Neither is Body Type 2.

Or Body Type 1.

Looking at a woman and saying "She needs a sandwich" is just as offensive as saying "She needs to lay off the twinkies". The moment you start judging any persons health based on such a shallow, uninformed, and naive criteria as "general shape", then you've stopped being logical... or remotely sensitive. As I'll point out yet again, my doctor is actually even more slender than Body Type 1. Are you going to claim that she's anorexic? The MD who runs triathlons is anorexic? Right.

As for why there isn't a "fat chick"? My first guess is that Bioware guessed that there would be a significant number of people who would be unable to accept the body type in a mature way. Judging by your comment, and the following comment saying that any woman who isn't an amazon is anorexic, I'd say that would be a pretty good guess.

Technically male 4 isn't fat either. Male 4 is really more of a power lifter physique. "Worlds Strongest Man Competition" type deal. You take off their chest piece and that are fairly defined and lacking in actual fat.

Just because some animator put a 6 pack on his gut doesn't make him defined or not fat. He has saggy man *****, and a gut. He is fat. And I love him for it, and wish to make him a wife.

BIOWARE LET ME MAKE A FAT CHICK.

As for why there isn't a "fat chick"? My first guess is that Bioware guessed that there would be a significant number of people who would be unable to accept the body type in a mature way. Judging by your comment, and the following comment saying that any woman who isn't an amazon is anorexic, I'd say that would be a pretty good guess.

Given the bikini comment I'd say it's more likely he wants to run around the fleet going "lolz, lookit me gaiz, ima phat chick! lolololol! lapdance any1?! lolololol" - and similar shining examples of maturity.

One of those rare moments where lack of customization is actually a benefit.

Edited by Callaron

Neither is Body Type 2.

Or Body Type 1.

Looking at a woman and saying "She needs a sandwich" is just as offensive as saying "She needs to lay off the twinkies". The moment you start judging any persons health based on such a shallow, uninformed, and naive criteria as "general shape", then you've stopped being logical... or remotely sensitive. As I'll point out yet again, my doctor is actually even more slender than Body Type 1. Are you going to claim that she's anorexic? The MD who runs triathlons is anorexic? Right.

Women who look like all 4 body types are generally healthy in real life. My wild assertions and internet hyperbole aside I realize that actually most women with eating disorders are generally average to slightly heavy due to poor diet and lack of exercise. That doesn't change the fact that the male in body type 4 doesn't appear to be in shape. He is wide with some definition to his arms (I could see the power-lifter physique comment) but he clearly has a gut. Maybe a former power lifter who has let himself go somewhat.

I want a female character who looks the same way. Once thick and healthy, now slightly or more than slightly off the healthy wagon. Why can't I have this?

Given the bikini comment I'd say it's more likely he wants to run around the fleet going "lolz, lookit me gaiz, ima phat chick! lolololol! lapdance any1?! lolololol" - and similar shining examples of maturity.

One of those rare moments where lack of customization is actually a benefit.

Incorrect, I like big girls. I'm sorry if there are immature people in the community (if my ignore list is any example there are lots) but I've heard and agree that for at least a certain number of males they build female characters because they will be staring at their bum for 50+ hours so they might as well enjoy the view, I am asking for the same consideration.

Incorrect, I like big girls. I'm sorry if there are immature people in the community (if my ignore list is any example there are lots) but I've heard and agree that for at least a certain number of males they build female characters because they will be staring at their bum for 50+ hours so they might as well enjoy the view, I am asking for the same consideration.

In that case, sorry, but I expect the trolls have thoroughly ruined the chance of getting any dev to implement that.

I don't think there's even a single MMO out there that has gone there - possibly Aion, but I suspect not.

I want a female character who looks the same way. Once thick and healthy, now slightly or more than slightly off the healthy wagon. Why can't I have this?

I can't say. As I said: My first guess is due to the very same behavior you exhibited in your OP. Regardless if this is your true feelings or not, that type of behavior would be common, and just as common as even worse behavior that you could certainly imagine. Generally the Male Body Type 4 is handled with a healthy dose of snickering. Doing the same with female models would only encourage the already-bad behavior of loads of guys who play the game and continue to reinforce body issues with women, and push away some female players because of it

Sorry. Dealing with that isn't worth satisfying a small number of people.

Edited by Malastare

I can't say. As I said: My first guess is due to the very same behavior you exhibited in your OP. Regardless if this is your true feelings or not, that type of behavior would be common, and just as common as even worse behavior that you could certainly imagine. Generally the Male Body Type 4 is handled with a healthy dose of snickering. Doing the same with female models would only encourage the already-bad behavior of loads of guys who play the game and continue to reinforce body issues with women, and push away some female players because of it

Sorry. Dealing with that isn't worth whatever chuckles you'd get from it.

Why can't that behavior be moderated by reports and bannings though? Like I go to a decent number of forums, the most well populated one is also the most heavily moderated, because the trolls who would make stupid comments have been eliminated. BioWare has the power to do the same thing. No one with a paid account is going to risk bannings and the like due to making sexist or sizest comments if they know BioWare will respond appropriately. If you lose a couple free to play players who can't stop being dinks thems the breaks. You will gain other players who want to play with more options for body type I think.

I don't think I've ever seen someone snicker at my body type 4 mara who wears the invisible armor to show off his rippling flesh. Certainly not to my face, I think a female would be handled the same way.

for those who don't think that male4 looks like a powerlifter you guys need to go see some shots of serious professional powerlifting. there are guys with guts there. most top end powerlifters (not cross train or max train or fittest man in the world or any of that stuff) will have some extra cushion. there's some very solid physiological reasons for it too (not going to get into them here but they are there).

male4 actually reminds me very closely of a friend i had in the military. you'll never guess what his profession was before he got into the military....powerlifting. And he was good. and he had a gut. The onlyl thing missing on male4 is the glutes. most pro lifters I've seen have a solid stack of glutes on them....you don't get a skinny butt from doing deadlifts and cleans your entire life.

aside from that...I don't see any reason why they shouldn't have an out of shape version for the fembots. I honestly think the reason they have the 4 models they do now is DUE to fan service...not due to a lack of. but at least the concept of male4 and female4 are both relatively close to each other...the performance body with a bit extra. to add a "fat" female they really would have to add a "fat" male. think guyboobs and pear shape for the guys. Which is exactly what male4 is NOT.

I think ultimately they chose the 4 forms they have now because those are the ones they got the most positive responses from (i assume from a range of other options).

EDIT: I personally dislike all the body styles. with the exception of #1, they all look unrealistic in most ways, with odd little additions tagged on to push teh "attractive" buttons. im just commenting on the discussion at hand, not approving any specific body style.

Edited by Elyx

I agree with your edit, all the body sizes are keyed to try and push the attractive envelope. Like the only way you can make a less than beautiful character is with scars or something. It's like in hollywood where you throw glasses on a chick and she is suddenly ugly.

I don't like it, give us more realistic body options BioWare

Why can't that behavior be moderated by reports and bannings though? Like I go to a decent number of forums, the most well populated one is also the most heavily moderated, because the trolls who would make stupid comments have been eliminated. BioWare has the power to do the same thing. No one with a paid account is going to risk bannings and the like due to making sexist or sizest comments if they know BioWare will respond appropriately. If you lose a couple free to play players who can't stop being dinks thems the breaks. You will gain other players who want to play with more options for body type I think.

I don't think I've ever seen someone snicker at my body type 4 mara who wears the invisible armor to show off his rippling flesh. Certainly not to my face, I think a female would be handled the same way.

They don't want even more work I suspect. People are already complaining it takes too long for the mods to ban people that make racist comments in game - the forums aren't an issue, F2Pers can't post here.

And then there's the technical problem that they'd have to convert every single piece female clothing so the new body type wouldn't clip horribly with it.

A massive drain of resources they would never commit to something that would have a small ROI and add more headaches to boot.

Yet both are fairly slender. And I clearly stated that 4 is not anorexic. I want a chick like what you would see in walmart. lots of rolls and a super wide hips.

There's a lot of shapes in the game you can't make, such as a legit short man. Simply put, they have a limit of body types to support, and they chose to not support the ones that are very niche. More than that, they don't have a lot of offerings for types. Male Body 2 is supposed to cover like almost every non-obese man, there's no one who is built and of average height, there's no one who is tall and then, etc. The female options are similarly limited, and this shouldn't be a big surprise.

If there were ten body types and no plump girls, I'd be pissed too. But with just four...

Just because some animator put a 6 pack on his gut doesn't make him defined or not fat. He has saggy man *****, and a gut. He is fat. And I love him for it, and wish to make him a wife.

BIOWARE LET ME MAKE A FAT CHICK.

No, that is a very typical power lifter physique. One that has large bulky muscles. Male 4 is not flabby or saggy. If you take off his chest piece you will see he is not.

Yes, male 1 and female 1 are appropriate counterparts. Same with male 2 and female 2. Same with male 3 and female 3. Female 4, however, is not an appropriate counterpart to male 4.

I like female 4 how it is, though, and don't want it gone. So, perhaps they should make a female 5 to appropriately counterpart male 4.