Frustration and the Easy Fix Yes Now Please (Raised from the Dead)

NeoIshamael

Okay this is what a person on the forums wrote. The community team for some ungodly reason deleted the thread>

Here it is:

"Why do I have to keep running back and forth to a bank which I can only trade 8 items per transfer to only one toon at a time?

This would be an easy fix with legacy banks.

I have no idea what they are waiting for and this would make crafting amoungst other thing s a whole lot less fusterating and more enjoyable.

I have been asking this question since launch and still have not gotten a resonable answer why we dont have them.

In SWG we had houses in which any toon that had rights in that house or guild hall could take whatever it wanted from that house as long as it was not bound. All I am asking is for something at least similar to that.Would make life alot easier.

I say legacy banks and legacy banks now.

Thats all. Thanks for your time reading my rant.

Have a great day!"

I feel that legacy banks would be a great addition to the game. I do not know anything about the coding but if it can be done make it so.

Actually it appears to have been moved to the suggestion forums(and then locked with some of the latter posts, which I assume were objectionable, deleted).

Exactly this.

A. It was not deleted.

B. It got woefully off-topic.

C. It's yet another post about Legacy Banks. It's been suggested, and again, and again. I believe somewhere there was an open discussion about it (at one of the cantina events) and the Devs said it was a good idea, they're trying to get it sorted out, but for some reason there are some technical issues they're working through.

It would be a huge QoL improvement. I think it's pretty unanimous

And "Fusteration"...come on. Spelling like that is just like putting a target on your back and saying "Come at me"

Gotcha. I checked it out via the Dev Tracker and I could not for the life of me see what was wrong with it. After all the venom that takes place on these forums, that post was pale in comparison.

I just thought the OP (I do not want to name him b/c a MOD might think I am calling that person out) deserved to have is idea out there. I know it has been floated before but I cannot recall hearing any response from the Devs if this is possible.

Okay this is what a person on the forums wrote. The community team for some ungodly reason deleted the thread>

Here it is:

"Why do I have to keep running back and forth to a bank which I can only trade 8 items per transfer to only one toon at a time?

This would be an easy fix with legacy banks.

I have no idea what they are waiting for and this would make crafting amoungst other thing s a whole lot less fusterating and more enjoyable.

I have been asking this question since launch and still have not gotten a resonable answer why we dont have them.

In SWG we had houses in which any toon that had rights in that house or guild hall could take whatever it wanted from that house as long as it was not bound. All I am asking is for something at least similar to that.Would make life alot easier.

I say legacy banks and legacy banks now.

Thats all. Thanks for your time reading my rant.

Have a great day!"

I feel that legacy banks would be a great addition to the game. I do not know anything about the coding but if it can be done make it so.

The problem is, any Legacy Bank would still be woefully inadequate to the players needs. Seriously... unless they give us hundreds of slots.. people will just be complaining and demanding more.

And I don't buy the "can only transfer 8 items at a time and must run back and forth between bank and mail" nonsense. If you don't have a maxed personal inventory on a character.. that's on you. And it's incredibly simply to transfer multiple sets of items via mail. It costs almost nothing to do so (unlike some other MMOs). And frankly, it's not hard to organize your characters into some sense of personal organization and storage of items and mats.

Further... you can in fact create a legacy bank yourself by creating a guild, setting up all your characters in it.. and deguild everyone else. People have been doing this in MMOs for years now.

TL;DR Legacy Banks won't fix the challenges of disorganized pack rats. Would I use one if they added it? Sure. But I also know it will be woefully inadequate as well.

Edited by Andryah

Exactly this.

A. It was not deleted.

B. It got woefully off-topic.

C. It's yet another post about Legacy Banks. It's been suggested, and again, and again. I believe somewhere there was an open discussion about it (at one of the cantina events) and the Devs said it was a good idea, they're trying to get it sorted out, but for some reason there are some technical issues they're working through.

It would be a huge QoL improvement. I think it's pretty unanimous

And "Fusteration"...come on. Spelling like that is just like putting a target on your back and saying "Come at me"

Sorry it was closed maybe it was off-topic but I could only see one page. I guess I got a little over-zealous myself.

Sorry it was closed maybe it was off-topic but I could only see one page. I guess I got a little over-zealous myself.

Yeah the last 2 pages(and half the first page) got deleted, though most of the posts weren't objectionable, the OP was being very antagonistic to another poster over the course of several posts. I assume the mod decided to simply do a quick mass delete on the posts. Probably didn't help that half the posts were jokes about fusteration.

Usually moderation isn't all that harsh on the forums.

Not a problem that you're bringing it up again, you'll find most people like the idea of a legacy bank, though tbh pretty much everyone has heard of it and the devs know we want it.

Not a problem that you're bringing it up again, you'll find most people like the idea of a legacy bank, though tbh pretty much everyone has heard of it and the devs know we want it.

Yeah.. I really don't know what there is left to discuss on this already much discussed and acknowledged topic. Other then to complain about it and to declare it simple and easy.. therefore it must be done nao.

We certainly don't need yet another suggestion thread on it IMO.

Gotcha. I checked it out via the Dev Tracker and I could not for the life of me see what was wrong with it. After all the venom that takes place on these forums, that post was pale in comparison.

I just thought the OP (I do not want to name him b/c a MOD might think I am calling that person out) deserved to have is idea out there. I know it has been floated before but I cannot recall hearing any response from the Devs if this is possible.

You realize you are in danger of being infracted right? You just spoke about a moderation action and that in of itself is against the rules.

^ Well that escalated quickly. ANYWAY, part of the problem is the collections system, they are making money off of it and a legacy bank could very well cost them some of that as people could move CM sets around thereby skipping the system altogether. On the other hand there are those who would buy such a feature with cartel coins which could make up for that but it could swing either way. On another note if there are actual "technical" reasons that such a thing can't be implemented than this is just further proof that this engine was not the proper choice for this game.

TLDR: Either Bioware feels like they may lose money on such a thing or the engine sucks.

P.s. I really wish you guys would add this, making mods for alts sucks moving 8 items at once.