The Smuggler, a Healer? Lore? Rp?

Kheldras

I try to wrap my head around Smugglers (and Operatives) as healers.

I might think that an Operative might be schooled in Medicine, but a complete surgeon, that does field duty?

And smugglers? All smugglers in the movies rather seem to swing blasters, and loose talk, good pilots... but i cannot imagine a Han Solo, or a Talon Karrde whip out a Medkit and perform a surgery on another person.

So.. how can i explain that?

The whole point of the Scoundrel healer is to be a mob/back alley doctor with questionable credentials using non-approved meds made in the same way as meth or crack could be.

Think about it, Underworld Medicine, Homegrown Pharmacology in the skill tree, the Sawbones title.

I might think that an Operative might be schooled in Medicine, but a complete surgeon, that does field duty?

Ciphers do a lot of things - going undercover in multiple roles, even within your own sovereignty, would require a number of skills. Also, being able to treat your own wounds and the wounds of others means not having to rely on other people, which means having a lower profile.

The whole point of the Scoundrel healer is to be a mob/back alley doctor with questionable credentials using non-approved meds made in the same way as meth or crack could be.

Think about it, Underworld Medicine, Homegrown Pharmacology in the skill tree, the Sawbones title.

...wich isnt at all the Smuggler archetype as seen in the movies, Han dosnt whip out a Medikit and becomes the super healer. Surely you could RP a kind of rogue Doctor...

...wich isnt at all the Smuggler archetype as seen in the movies, Han dosnt whip out a Medikit and becomes the super healer. Surely you could RP a kind of rogue Doctor...

Luke doesn't make magical healing puddles either, what's your point?

Neither does Han activate stealth field and run around invisible and beat up people to death with his pure fists.

It has been a long time since I read the X-Wing series but there has to be a medic in there somewhere. Would you consider a pilot in Rogue Squadron with medical training a trooper commando? Or how about a medic in a covert operations squad like Wraith Squadron?

And before SWTOR came out I played in a table top RPG version of SW. My character...A former rebel alliance combat medic turned smuggler.

Remember that Han was an Imperial officer before becoming a smuggler. Whose to say what the life of the SWTOR scoundrel was before the game story starts.

Edited by psandak

I try to wrap my head around Smugglers (and Operatives) as healers.

And smugglers? All smugglers in the movies rather seem to swing blasters, and loose talk, good pilots... but i cannot imagine a Han Solo, or a Talon Karrde whip out a Medkit and perform a surgery on another person.

So.. how can i explain that?

How I’ve RP’d my Scoundrel is she is an adoptive daughter of a Lightside Imperial Assassin, who has enlisted her as an “agent” to assist with bringing the Republic back in to the Imperial Galactic Empire through peaceful means.

My Assassin seeks to become the Emperor of a new Unified Galactic Empire. Typically in a war the local population suffers the most though lack of essentials: food, clothing, shelter, and medicine. Not to mention atrocities committed against them by the warring factions.

My Scoundrel, a smuggler by trade, is also a Lightsider who goes to planets and seeks out the destitute, sick, and impoverished and aides them; secretly funded by her adoptive mother.

With medicine always being one of the most needed resources my Scoundrel has taken up the trade of a Biochemist. What better way to acquire medicine then using local resources (Bio-analysis), and when needed peaceful negotiations (Diplomacy), and making the medicine yourself. So through her Biochemical training she has learned to heal in a limited fashion.

Edited by djloukota

It has been a long time since I read the X-Wing series but there has to be a medic in there somewhere. Would you consider a pilot in Rogue Squadron with medical training a trooper commando? Or how about a medic in a covert operations squad like Wraith Squadron?

And before SWTOR came out I played in a table top RPG version of SW. My character...A former rebel alliance combat medic turned smuggler.

Remember that Han was an Imperial officer before becoming a smuggler. Whose to say what the life of the SWTOR scoundrel was before the game story starts.

Good idea and way of thinking.

How I’ve RP’d my Scoundrel is she is an adoptive daughter of a Lightside Imperial Assassin, who has enlisted her as an “agent” to assist with bringing the Republic back in to the Imperial Galactic Empire through peaceful means.

My Assassin seeks to become the Emperor of a new Unified Galactic Empire. Typically in a war the local population suffers the most though lack of essentials: food, clothing, shelter, and medicine. Not to mention atrocities committed against them by the warring factions.

My Scoundrel, a smuggler by trade, is also a Lightsider who goes to planets and seeks out the destitute, sick, and impoverished and aides them; secretly funded by her adoptive mother.

With medicine always being one of the most needed resources my Scoundrel has taken up the trade of a Biochemist. What better way to acquire medicine then using local resources (Bio-analysis), and when needed peaceful negotiations (Diplomacy), and making the medicine yourself. So through her Biochemical training she has learned to heal in a limited fashion.

Good thoughts, thanks.

Here's where RP is such a wonderful thing.

See, my Scoundrel isn't Han Solo. I mean, Han Solo is A scoundrel, not every scoundrel. Scoundrels come in all shapes, all sizes, all colors and all species. How they end up scoundrels is the key, to really wrapping your head around their skills and abilities.

In other words ... make it up. Make your character your own. Let him make sense in your own head. And to heck with anyone else's character. Even if Han Solo was that cool, shrug.

I use to think similar for my smuggler, till while picking talent choices I saw "Homegrown pharmacology"

Then it clicked.

"Upon healing any Jedi class, they will become more addicted to the medicine and claiming it strengthens their connection to the force, giving a 50% crit chance and +10% force power."

Edited by ZirusZero