Super Overleveled?

lordvoldy

Hey guys, I know there is a ton of threads on this. I was just wondering what do you guys do when all your quests are green and your 4-6 levels above all the quests that you are on? Do you do them anyway? Or do you just do your class quest for that planet/s until you get to a planet that is your level range? I just started tatooine on my jedi sage and I am level 30 so all my quests are level 24-25. Just wondering if I should just do class quests on tat and then skip to aldeeraan since its more in my range or just keep going on tatooine and do everything?

Do what you want. You still get gear, commendations and credits as rewards, and some quests are really fun (if you are into lore, story and voices).

I used to do EVERY quest, but now since I have a lot of alts I'm usually doing only class quests and main planetary storylines. Today it is also A LOT easier to gain experience (a lot of perks, consumable boosts, bonus for subs etc.).

Edited by Apophis_

If you're leveling the first time i suggest you ignore it and do all the quests reguardless. You still get cash and comendations. If you've done it before you can skip all quests and focus only on class quests. You have the one-time space missions and flashpoint quests to give you a bridging boost. I'm leveling my bounty-hunter and skipped balmorra completely by blazing through with class quest only.

I wish 200% would stay permanently. This is much more enjoyable.

As long as the quests still give out decent XP, I will do them. When they turn gray and give 12xp, that's when I move on to the other end of the planet or the next planet (after class quests are done). I had to skip non-class quests on Nar Shaddaa because when I got there, they were all gray; and I've skipped some bonus series as well. But, I have a bunch of level-capped characters so I've been through all of the quests/stories multiple times so it's easier for me to skip stuff. If it's your first character and/or you enjoy the stories, then keep doing the quests for the fun of doing them. If you are wanting to power-level, you can always skip planet quests that are too low level to give good xp and come back to do them for fun after you cap.

Do you guys think PvP leveling is viable? Was sort of debating queing for warzones while doing the planet main mission and class. Do you guys think that would be good or would I become underleveled eventually?

I practice this way of leveling. However, doing FPs + WZs is so much quicker than WZs only.

If you're leveling the first time i suggest you ignore it and do all the quests reguardless. You still get cash and comendations. If you've done it before you can skip all quests and focus only on class quests. You have the one-time space missions and flashpoint quests to give you a bridging boost. I'm leveling my bounty-hunter and skipped balmorra completely by blazing through with class quest only.

Yeah I have two 55s so I have been through all the side quests and what not. Just looking for a quick way to level without having to go through all the same stuff again. I tried WZ's only and that was so slow, it felt like I was spending all day to get 1 level. Of course that was before double exp.

I remember when I did all quests on my main back in the day shortly after launch, the leveling curve caught up with me around Quesh or early Hoth. So yes, you might be overleveled on earlier planets, but it will catch on eventually. Of course, the Double XP time screws that up somewhat... Edited by Aries_cz

What do you do to stay on level with the content that your doing?

Well, mostly I play my level 55 characters, and a daily flashpoint and/or WZ with my leveling alt(s). When I've outlevelled a planet I eventually just do it. :p

On my last character I finished the class quest at level 48 though, because I didn't want to pull off Corellia forever and getting flashpoints seems to get harder starting from collicoid wargames (I assume that's because most people quickly move on to the hard modes and just hurry to 55, or maybe it's because CCW and Red Reaper are a bit annoying...). The good thing about this method of levelling is it's not a problem if I'm a couple levels below enemies because my gear was always up-to-date.

Hmm yeah. I am wondering if doing main planet, story, and wz's is a good way to level without getting underleveled? I just sat in a que for a FP for a few hours and when it finally popped I went in and had a group of lets say lesser intelligence and it was pretty frusterating. So everyone ended up leaving before the first boss fight.

Agree with all this ^

Not so much all of that ^

If you are liking the dbl xp weekend I'm glad you and countless others are getting a nice little treat. ;)

I honestly just like pounding away and doing them, granted I do spacebar alot of the sidequests on my alts, but it just seems to mess up the ebon flow to me. Whether it be my resource collecting for crafting or collecting comms it just seems like it throws it all outta whack.

I'm quite pleased that you and countless others are enjoying it, tis always nice when so many get something they enjoy.

On a side note I wish they would unbound the xp bonus's you recieve for completing certain questsI would really love to sell them to those that desired them. Enjoy!

Do you guys think PvP leveling is viable? Was sort of debating queing for warzones while doing the planet main mission and class. Do you guys think that would be good or would I become underleveled eventually?

Yes! Sure! Do that, especially if you like playing warzones. I think this is my favorite way to gain experience, and also by playing PvP with different classes you learn a lot about the class mechanics and names of the abilities, so it is easier to defeat enemies by knowing their weaknesses and what exactly should be interrupted :)