Is there a way to get datacron stats without having to find the datacrons?

ddayyy

I like leveling up many characters, and I hate collecting datacrons, but I'd rather not be disadvantaged by not having those perma-stat boosts. Is it possible to get the stats some other way, which doesn't require doing the same damn datacron quest on each character.

I like leveling up many characters, and I hate collecting datacrons, but I'd rather not be disadvantaged by not having those perma-stat boosts. Is it possible to get the stats some other way, which doesn't require doing the same damn datacron quest on each character.

No. Legacy-wide datacron unlocks have been suggested many, many, many, MANY times, but so far Bioware hasn't given any indication they are considering doing this, much less any time soon.

no, the stat boosts over ALL datacrons equate to a +40 stats (that includes the +10 fleet) which does not add any significant stats that you would feel "hampered" If you feel that way, just get your main stat and end. They are optional enough to not matter much, but worth it enough if you feel like getting them.

no, the stat boosts over ALL datacrons equate to a +40 stats (that includes the +10 fleet) which does not add any significant stats that you would feel "hampered" If you feel that way, just get your main stat and end. They are optional enough to not matter much, but worth it enough if you feel like getting them.

Not significant? That stat gain is higher than an additional augment, but less than a second earpiece. It's pretty significant when you have them all, it's almost another piece of gear on your stat sheet.

I like leveling up many characters, and I hate collecting datacrons, but I'd rather not be disadvantaged by not having those perma-stat boosts.

See also:

Is there a way for me to level up without doing quests, PvP, flashpoints, space missions, or playing GSF?

Is there a way for me to get PvP commendations without playing PvP or entering any PvP areas?

Answer:

No. To get rewards you need to actually play.

In particular to you OP:

The bonuses from datacrons are not so drastic that they will be the deciding factor on your success or failure, especially if you take the minute or so necessary to get the ones that are easy to get to.

Not significant? That stat gain is higher than an additional augment, but less than a second earpiece. It's pretty significant when you have them all, it's almost another piece of gear on your stat sheet.

I doubt many people would see the incremental increase. Even it got all them at once shot it would be maybe 15-20dps extra on a parse.

They are worth the effort, but not necessarily game breaking.

See also:

Is there a way for me to level up without doing quests, PvP, flashpoints, space missions, or playing GSF?

Is there a way for me to get PvP commendations without playing PvP or entering any PvP areas?

Answer:

No. To get rewards you need to actually play.

In particular to you OP:

The bonuses from datacrons are not so drastic that they will be the deciding factor on your success or failure, especially if you take the minute or so necessary to get the ones that are easy to get to.

I don't care that they're not "required", it's just retarded to force people to do boring activities to max up their character's stats. That's like saying you must do all of the space combat missions 10 times or you won't get an additional item that stacks with everything else ... and it's the ONLY way to get that item. Bad design if you ask me, this isn't a job it's a game, datacrons should be achievements for those vain enough to want that, but not a stat boost that affects you in PVE and PVP, regardless of how "minor" the effect.

It's a pain, but you don't need to get all of them. You can skip the ones that don't apply to your class...and you can skip some of the matrix shard ones depending on which type of matrix cubes you're planning on making.

I don't care that they're not "required", it's just retarded to force people to do boring activities to max up their character's stats. That's like saying you must do all of the space combat missions 10 times or you won't get an additional item that stacks with everything else ... and it's the ONLY way to get that item. Bad design if you ask me, this isn't a job it's a game, datacrons should be achievements for those vain enough to want that, but not a stat boost that affects you in PVE and PVP, regardless of how "minor" the effect.

there not forcing you to do anything! you want max stats get them. if not don't.

I don't care that they're not "required", it's just retarded to force people to do boring activities to max up their character's stats.

Difficult in an MMO = monotonous after you've figured it out initially. This is why PvE is boring after you figure out the mechanics. PvP is the only thing worth doing at endgame (true endgame, after you burn out on flashpoints)

I agree legacy wide should be implemented. But, nobody's forcing you, because the stat gap with/without is so minor that nobody but you will know you've got them.

<parody>

I like having high stats in PvP, but I don't want to work to get them a second character. Is there a way I can just get a free set of obroan gear without having to work for it? I really don't want to spend the time getting the gear.

Oh, is a full set of obroan gear too too much to ask for? Ok, how about just a few pieces?

</parody>

Edited by Jaing

don't diminishing returns take effect at a certain point with main stat? If so that would make them pretty optional

Main stat's contribution to bonus damage and healing is linear, like power, with no diminishing returns. The contribution to critical chance does have diminishing returns, but the curve is very very gradual. And a side note, the formula term is separate from critical rating - ie, having a high critical rating does not mean you get less critical chance from main stat.

We should all get free top tier gear too as soon as we hit 55, because I hate being required to actually do the content that's required to get the gear. Fully augmented of course. In fact, I just want to log in and have everything because I don't have time to earn it. That way I don't have to play and can just log in and look at my uber stats, pat myself on the back and log out.

don't diminishing returns take effect at a certain point with main stat? If so that would make them pretty optional

Yeah, but it the cruve has changed and it really only impacts you when you get 78 grade gear. You should have your datacrons well before that.

No. Legacy-wide datacron unlocks have been suggested many, many, many, MANY times, but so far Bioware hasn't given any indication they are considering doing this, much less any time soon.

Actually bioware has stated that legacy datacrons was something that they would look into and think about, but that there are technical problems with how that particular system is built (probably around merging everything together, the imperial/republic unique ones, and the crystals).

No, it's not possible to get the Datacron related stat bonus without getting the Datacrons.

However, only the endurance and main stat (differs character to character) are worth getting. The Datacrons that give the matrix shard are a waste of time imho, end game relics are better and easier to get.

It would have been nicer to see Datacron collection related to proper puzzle mechanics (think 'Traken 4's legacy' a Republic only quest on Balmorra) rather than a 'have to look up a clip on You Tube' then die a hundred times because jumping is an issue. Or suffer the issue of not being able to get a group together to get the Fleet Datacron.

On a slightly related note I take it you have Biochem as a craft skill? I find the boost from the stim this gives to be more beneficial than the Datacron's.

Actually bioware has stated that legacy datacrons was something that they would look into and think about, but that there are technical problems with how that particular system is built (probably around merging everything together, the imperial/republic unique ones, and the crystals).

The devs saying they are "looking in to <topic>" is little more than "no comment".

The devs have said that the legacy system is for levelling and convinience only and is not to impact PvP. No legacy perk to-date has been useable in PvP except for the field respec, and that legacy perk was disabled in warzones (and while in a warzone queue) months ago.

Would you be OK with them implementing legacy datacrons as long as you lost the legacy stat bonuses at max level or while PvPing?