Force Mount

Fevee

They get nothing because the OP only cares about his own favourite class...

But I bet he would be screaming his head off about the injustice if only BH's could use rocket boost...

1. I don't care about rocket boost. They only fit Bounty Hunters, anyways, and I wouldn't cry a single tear if they constricted it to Bounty Hunters only.

2. My favorite class is probably the gunslinger. Dual-wield pistols is such a cool look, a they have a nice range of incapacitations, and are all-round most lethal.

But look, I just want a mount that's a Force-user using the Force to self-propel themselves at immense speeds. You can whine that that's not fair all you want, but you might as well start whining that not all classes can use the Force.

I'm all for, by the way, some sort of self-propulsion for the other classes. Since you're so concerned about equality for all, you can think up some sort of self-propulsion for those classes.

Why are you even so concerned? It's not like mounts are for Force-users only. There are countless mounts all over the game. There's even living mounts for the super rich. Stop acting like one class has a monopoly on the mounts.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smuggler gets jury-rigged rocket boots that actually look jury-rigged, or the "holysh*trunaway" thing like that scene in the first Pirates of the Caribbean when Jack's escaping the city.

BH gets a legit-looking jetpack. (NOT the stupid flaming boots.)

Inquisitor gets a Force Tempest that propels them along.

Warrior gets Hulk-like Force Leaps :D

Agent would get some sort of glider thing, maybe?

Trooper would get some kind of jet harness

Knight gets something similar to the Warrior

Consular gets Force Levitation

The non-Force-users can have whatever fancy animation people can think up. But the Force-users, dark and light and melee-based and Force-based alike, should be able to have the long-strides self-propelling Force-looking sprint.

I disagree with the assertion that Rocket Boots are only appropriate for Bounty Hunters (just because we've only seen them used by Cad Bane before). Imperial Agents are all about the gadgets, and concealed Rocket Boots are just the kind of thing a space-James Bond would have. And Smugglers have just as much need and access to Rocket Boots as BH's: underworld dwellers with access to black market gadgets that probably have need for a quick-escape gadget when a deal goes sour.

I disagree with the assertion that Rocket Boots are only appropriate for Bounty Hunters (just because we've only seen them used by Cad Bane before). Imperial Agents are all about the gadgets, and concealed Rocket Boots are just the kind of thing a space-James Bond would have. And Smugglers have just as much need and access to Rocket Boots as BH's: underworld dwellers with access to black market gadgets that probably have need for a quick-escape gadget when a deal goes sour.

Yes, you can make that case. And I can make the case that rocket boots just don't fit the theme of Force-Users. But I'm not looking for the removal of rocket boots, and I'm especially not looking for a Force-looking version of rocket boots. I'm suggesting what's mechanically a mount, but visually a long-stride sprint.

• 4 weeks later...
There are so many games where Force-sensitive individuals have the ability to speed up or propel themselves at immense speeds. Even this game allows Inquisitors/Consulars to self-propel at 150% for two measly seconds. I don't see any reason we can't have a Force-only "mount" that allows Jedi/Sith to self-propel at 90-110% their normal speeds for out-of-combat situations.

• 2 months later...

Agreed, a force-only mount would be great.

I also think all force users should get standard abilities like force leap, push, speed, choke/stasis. Balance around it.

I'm in favor of exclusive equivalents for nonforce users, just so us force users can get our cool stuff.

Edited by Projawa

• 2 months later...
Agreed, a force-only mount would be great.

I also think all force users should get standard abilities like force leap, push, speed, choke/stasis. Balance around it.

I'm in favor of exclusive equivalents for nonforce users, just so us force users can get our cool stuff.

Again, I restate that this "mount" isn't even a mount, it's just a Force user dashing along at 90-110% their normal speed outside of combat.

Thus, their self-propulsion can be a wild flee-looking animation. As in arms thrown up in the air as they run at 90%-110% their normal speed. While idle, they have their hands on their knees as they're bent over, breathing heavily.

Can the Benny Hill Theme play during this?

I can't believe this one hasn't been implemented before. Want it WANT IT WANT IT WANT IT.

Between the walker and the force mount, I'd choose the force mount. Especially if there's no more 0.5 mounting time for that one.

Don't cut out our ability to search the quote for ourselves. It makes it hard to verify where/when it was written, then.

I read the forums on a reader with very archaic options , my options are quote the entire huge post for a small segment that will include the posters name, then tap the backspace button for every single -LETTER- that isn't necessary for my reply, or copy the relevant part and use the generic forum "quote command"

I went with the easy option

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Yes, I will. In fact, I'm never going to use rocket boots. I've never had them before and I don't plan on ever getting them. After all, why would anyone waste 1,000,000 credits on an out-of-battle 110% speed boost that only lasts 18 seconds when they can spend 150,000 credits on an out-of-battle 110% speed boost that lasts as long as desired?

rocket boots work indoors unlike speeders

I think a person running at that speed would look really unnatural, and not in a Force-user good way.

You realize that Inquisitors and Consulars have a force speed power that gives them +150% run speed (I believe)...which is a lot faster than the boost from a speeder.

Force bursts for a few seconds are one thing, and are supported by the prequels where you see Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon Jinn using force speed to escape in certain situations. However you also see that Jedi still use mounts and spaceships and all other modes of transportation. It is safe to assume that they cannot use the Force to sustain that speed for themselves for more then a few seconds at a time. If they could, you'd never see Anakin or Darth Maul riding on a speeder.

Force bursts for a few seconds are one thing, and are supported by the prequels where you see Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon Jinn using force speed to escape in certain situations. However you also see that Jedi still use mounts and spaceships and all other modes of transportation. It is safe to assume that they cannot use the Force to sustain that speed for themselves for more then a few seconds at a time. If they could, you'd never see Anakin or Darth Maul riding on a speeder.

You're forgetting that the movie speeders give a whole lot more than just +110% run speed...but I see your point.

Edited by VitalityPrime

Speeders in the movie probably propel the characters 1,000% of their initial speed. This is a game, with slow speeders. At such a slow pace, I think it would be sensible for a Force-sensitive to be able to speed up their own body movements to said speed.