Makeb commendations vendor at the imperial fleet lacks a few items..

bubbathehut

So, I just hit 50 with my sith juggy, and I thought I should spend some of my 100 commendations on new mods. Since the worst thing I see is an undergeared tank in any FP.. (even for soft mode)

Guess what? This mod vendor is MISSING several TANK mods!

Guardian hilts? Nope, not there?

Force wielder hilt for the SA-tank? NO!

Commando barrel for a powertech tank? Nope!

You got one tank-related mod per class, and two enhancements that are "meh" upgrades for a fresh lvl 50 tank (where the flying F did the immunity enhancements go?), but you got enough crit, surge and alacrity mods and enhancements there for feed any dps or heal spec - but not much for the tank.

I submitted a CS ticket about it, but the ingame Customer Service sucks so bad, the only message they give me is the copy & paste "go to the forum and post in the message box section".

Well, I've posted it. Fat chance this will change anything.

I sense the force is weak here.

Prove me wrong. I dare you... Prove me wrong...

(I'll just go on a wild guess that the republic fleet vendor lacks the same stuff)

So, I just hit 50 with my sith juggy, and I thought I should spend some of my 100 commendations on new mods. Since the worst thing I see is an undergeared tank in any FP.. (even for soft mode)

Guess what? This mod vendor is MISSING several TANK mods!

Guardian hilts? Nope, not there?

Force wielder hilt for the SA-tank? NO!

Commando barrel for a powertech tank? Nope!

You got one tank-related mod per class, and two enhancements that are "meh" upgrades for a fresh lvl 50 tank (where the flying F did the immunity enhancements go?), but you got enough crit, surge and alacrity mods and enhancements there for feed any dps or heal spec - but not much for the tank.

I submitted a CS ticket about it, but the ingame Customer Service sucks so bad, the only message they give me is the copy & paste "go to the forum and post in the message box section".

Well, I've posted it. Fat chance this will change anything.

I sense the force is weak here.

Prove me wrong. I dare you... Prove me wrong...

(I'll just go on a wild guess that the republic fleet vendor lacks the same stuff)

partially this was be design. At the time, the highest gear at 50 were the rakata from the hm ops. These were craftable adn selling for a millions of credits. Along comes level 55 and now the entry level craftable items were better than the previous end game content. So to give the crafters a chance the vendors were made to get people topped off but were nowhere near BiS.

If you really want to get geared, while leveling, use your basic and classic comms to buy gear that will be far and above better than anything you get from planet comms. At best planet coms are used for companions at that point.

This has been complicated by the oricon expansion and new gear since classic and basic comms have been updated and make the planet gear almost worthless.

How many planetary vendors sells both types of barrels/hilts or enhancements for same level at all (most have no any tank ones)?

If you going to tank at end game, prepare for even worst when you get to basic/elite/ultimate vendors - half of items are with alacrity or accuracy (no comms or craft implants without accuracy exist) to punish tank players even more (there is no single dps item with absorption).

So BW please show some love for tank gear ... at least treat as same as pew pew roles.

Edited by morfius

How many planetary vendors sells both types of barrels/hilts or enhancements for same level at all (most have no any tank ones)?

If you going to tank at end game, prepare for even worst when you get to basic/elite/ultimate vendors - half of items are with alacrity or accuracy (no comms or craft implants without accuracy exist) to punish tank players even more (there is no single dps item with absorption).

So BW please show some love for tank gear ... at least treat as same as pew pew roles.

Agree there should be more tank based mods available on all comm vendors both as you level and from end game vendors the lack of tank based mods available from comm vendors is frustrating.;)

• 2 weeks later...
The level 55 tanking mods you guys are looking for are drops in operations. They can't allow you to BIS from commendation items or else you won't step foot into operations, and that's a huge slice of the PvE content pie. They don't want people to apex too quickly and then end up unsubbing because they have nothing left to do.

The level 55 tanking mods you guys are looking for are drops in operations. They can't allow you to BIS from commendation items or else you won't step foot into operations, and that's a huge slice of the PvE content pie. They don't want people to apex too quickly and then end up unsubbing because they have nothing left to do.

Nobody is looking for level 55 mods, just for level 50 mods.

Isn't the Makeb vendor intended to help individuals leveling from 50-55? Aren't dps specs significantly more efficient then healing / tanking specs?

That's for every player to decide, not for the vendor. Besides, there are tanking enhancements and tanking mods available at the vendor, there is no reason why there shouldn't be tanking hilts/barrels.

It doesn't make any sense, in my opinion.

Edited by Sorei

Nobody is looking for level 55 mods, just for level 50 mods.

That's for every player to decide, not for the vendor. Besides, there are tanking enhancements and tanking mods available at the vendor, there is no reason why there shouldn't be tanking hilts/barrels.

It doesn't make any sense, in my opinion.

My reply was meant more for Mortius' post, and is more for general information . As for your request for more tanking mods in the 50 range. Cybertech and Artificing craft level 48 tanking mods which can be used as a bridge to the item level 61's available off of the campaign vendor. Also, if you can make it to level 53, then you can get item level 66 mods which will tie you over until you can start getting the 69, 72, and eventually 78 mods.

As for barrels and hilts, you'll be capped at item level 66 until you can complete storymode TFB and S&V as those drop Arkanian main-hand and off-hand tokens. Or if you don't want to go that route, you can buy 69 and 72 barrels and hilts off of the GTN for exorbitant prices.

My reply was meant more for Mortius' post, and is more for general information . As for your request for more tanking mods in the 50 range. Cybertech and Artificing craft level 48 tanking mods which can be used as a bridge to the item level 61's available off of the campaign vendor. Also, if you can make it to level 53, then you can get item level 66 mods which will tie you over until you can start getting the 69, 72, and eventually 78 mods.

As for barrels and hilts, you'll be capped at item level 66 until you can complete storymode TFB and S&V as those drop Arkanian main-hand and off-hand tokens. Or if you don't want to go that route, you can buy 69 and 72 barrels and hilts off of the GTN for exorbitant prices.

Why should we have to rely on crafted tanking barrels/hilts while the vendor sells everything else? It doesn't make sense.

I know how to gear up, but I want to gear my companion with my excess planetary coms, so this is slightly annoying.

Edited by Sorei

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.