The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

i dont know what solo pvp class to roll

gresiac

I have actually found my scoundrel does pretty good in PVP (Scrapper) as long as the opposing team doesn't decide I'm a healer. :)

Otherwise, pick what style of play you like and pick a class that plays that way. You'll have way more luck doing that than you will trying to change your style of play to fit the "perfect" PVP class.

i used to play a scoundrell kbut they are worthless in pvp so i dont know what to play and i dont want to heal

what do you like to do exactly?

I would suggest assassin, mainly because it can kill everything minus rooters and you can get personal by killing the same person continuously in a warzone unlike ranged classes or classes that have dont have stealth

I used to play operative and sniper/slinger but now am leveling an assassin. The soul reason why I played my operative was for concealment and the OP is right ... they are near useless in pvp compared to most other classes minus a few specs known to not do well in pvp.

To the other posters who refuted this: You obviously do not play a dps operative in warzones and arena. They are near useless. They can only do what assassins can do and assassin do it much better. I always heard this, I rolled one and now I see.

If you want to play the traditional dps stealther (and NOT heal which is entirely different for a healing Op) the assassin is far superior than the Operative currently, for a very long time and for the near future seeing a balance patch isn't coming any time soon.

If you wanted to just blow things up I would suggest a sniper but it is a play style few seem to master. I love it and do extremely well with it. For some reason some simply can't play them effectively and I see it all the time in warzones. I'll do 500k-1mil in damage while some other sniper does 150k. I do not even know how that is possible seeing they could have used only 2 attacks over and over and do more than that.

I would suggest for arena but I am boycotting it until it is out of warzone rotation. You may as well just go smash monkey or the new fotm powertech builds. Specialized classes always have issues in arena. Bioware was clueless to the impact arena will have on this game. Blizzard fully and publicly admitted adding arena to Wow was the a mistake and caused far more issues than what it contributed. It impacts the balance of more dynamic game play in pve and warzones.

Arena is like throwing a football team into a small room and telling them to beat the s%$& out of each other. The wide receiver would stair at a linebacker with a "WTH?!" look on their face. Some classes and builds are simply not designed for such a battle ... but Bioware will attempt to balance them and alter the feel of the entire game because of a tiny little mini-game.

Bioware added arena obviously because of the smaller team sizes and didn't bother to put the effort in for fixing what players really wanted: larger pvp and more competitive warzones. This is the same reason why space got shrunk to 8v8 pvp. Bioware can't or won't fix their engine.

Edited by Tamanous

You want to play a class that can deliver large damage, and if played efficiently can potentially tip the game in your favor. Best solo specs are AP PT, rage marauder, rage jugg and dec sin. These classes can handle talking a lot of damage (rage jugg for a lesser extent) before dying and can deal massive damage of which the biggest hitters are aoe (except dec sin). They are also not highly impacted by receiving damage and getting CCed; their performance stays relatively consistent even when being focused (unless you die obliviously).

Note: dec sin maybe not as effective when games are highly cometitve. When people are not dying and u r stuck in combat all the time, dec sin will have a drop in damage.

Edited by Ottoattack