Does anyone else but Scourge know?

Hell_Kaiser_Fett

This has been on my mind since completing the Jedi Knight story, and so far I haven't discovered anything yet from the other stories, or even the Makeb and Oricon plots as well. I have searched online and not found anything, so I thought this would be the best place to ask. Does anyone in the Empire besides Scourge know about the Emperor's plans to wipe out the galaxy? The Wrath or the Emperor's Hands? Darth Marr and the Dark Council? The Dread Masters? If not, why didn't he tell anyone, and why hasn't anyone else figured it out yet? Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

This has been on my mind since completing the Jedi Knight story, and so far I haven't discovered anything yet from the other stories, or even the Makeb and Oricon plots as well. I have searched online and not found anything, so I thought this would be the best place to ask. Does anyone in the Empire besides Scourge know about the Emperor's plans to wipe out the galaxy? The Wrath or the Emperor's Hands? Darth Marr and the Dark Council? The Dread Masters? If not, why didn't he tell anyone, and why hasn't anyone else figured it out yet? Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

It's not clear but it's possible that at least Darth Marr and Baras knew about it. Marr at the very least was aware of the Emperor's plan to cheat death, while Baras, having done a deal with Sel-Makor to keep the Emperor in check - so to speak - was most likely aware as well; Same with Darth Jadus, if you did the right choices here and there.

Either way, it's fair to assume that at least some people, like Darth Nyriss, came to be aware of it but were just too chicken or fearful for their lives, power base or whatever to do anything about it.

It's almost certain that the Hand knows given they basically work the Emperor's will in his absence. Most of the various enemies that the Knight faces in chapter 3 are aware, of course, and simply don't care (because they're insanely fanatical, or insanely thinking the Emperor will politely vomit their souls back out after eating them, or both), so there is definitely at least some faction that knows. I suspect most of the power players in the Empire don't, though, because I just can't, for example, seeing Darth Marr doing nothing to oppose a plan like that.

The Hand knows.

Jadus is hinted to have found during Act 2 - on a Hoth class bonus mission for the Agent if you became his Hand.

The Imperials that help him on Belsavis must know because they're talking about how he'll resurrect them - man, those guys were stupid (believe the being of pure evil, he'll keep his word:rolleyes:).

Well Revan killed Darth Nyriss, so thats irrelevant. The hand does have his own mind though right? If Baras knew, surely he would have spoken up, as would Jadus (haven't played agent yet, so not sure on him). I know Marr wouldn't stand for it or continue to support the Emperor, he's actually logical for a Sith, which is why I like. It actually makes sense for him to end up being an enemy to both sides like the Dread Masters. But how does know one know about Nathema, or what he's doing, and if people do know, why would they continue to fight for him?

Well Revan killed Darth Nyriss, so thats irrelevant. The hand does have his own mind though right? If Baras knew, surely he would have spoken up, as would Jadus (haven't played agent yet, so not sure on him). I know Marr wouldn't stand for it or continue to support the Emperor, he's actually logical for a Sith, which is why I like. It actually makes sense for him to end up being an enemy to both sides like the Dread Masters. But how does know one know about Nathema, or what he's doing, and if people do know, why would they continue to fight for him?

I suspect Servant One still have his own mind or at least more sensible mind unlike the rest of servants of Emperor's Hand, but their motivation are cleary to serve the Emperor first not the Empire. As for Baras it's unclear whether he has learn of his plan or not, however as you can see in Sith Warrior's story those who attempt to seize his power either end up dead or have Emperor's fanatical followers against them regardless the Dark Council knew that Baras is not true Voice of the Emperor, but many still support him until Emperor's Wrath show up, it's highly suggest that they are not entirely afraid of Baras but some may share a same mutual benefit from getting rid of Nathema as well.

The Emperor still have countless of overzealous followers inside the Empire that genuinely believe in his plan and motivation, as you can see Darth Marr and some on the Dark Counsil trying to shift that loyalty to the Empire itself not some unforeseen emperor but cannot change it immediately otherwise they will share the same fate as Baras.

Edited by shamfurdispray

If Marr was fully aware that the Emperor was somehow trying to cheat death, it is perfectly safe to assume that he was ALSO aware of what that would entail.

There was no need for Baras to speak up, since last I checked, he had imprisoned the Emperor's Voice on Voss, courtesy of Sel-Makor and if you take into account what he says, Sel-Makor was aware of what the Emperor intended for the galaxy.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

If Marr was fully aware that the Emperor was somehow trying to cheat death, it is perfectly safe to assume that he was ALSO aware of what that would entail.

There was no need for Baras to speak up, since last I checked, he had imprisoned the Emperor's Voice on Voss, courtesy of Sel-Makor and if you take into account what he says, Sel-Makor was aware of what the Emperor intended for the galaxy.

There are plenty of reasons to want to keep the emperor in check if you want to be the voice but don't want to be controlled. Likewise, you could know that the emperor wishes to be immortal without knowing why. I expect both Baras and Marr had concerns about the emperor. I'd guess that Vowrawn did too, but I doubt they knew the details. I don't actually see anyone except the hand knowing and not saying something or doing something about it, certainly not Marr or Vowrawn.

As part of the Knight story, it seems quite a few people know but were under the impression that when the Emperor gains his "almighty power" after destroying the galaxy they'll be revived somehow by him to sit as his immortal servants.

Looking at it this way it is very possible many know but simply thought it would be beneficial to them, and went along with it. (Obviously not truly understanding the Emperor).