Solo Que Matchmaking has a Serious Flaw - Data Inside

Skolops

the only chance to save rated pvp under the current system is to make it so only team ranked rewards rated comms. no solo queue, no warzone dailies, no converting comms. pvp is dying fast and it won't be long before solo or team is dead altogether (if it already isn't on some servers)

Headshot.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I started solo que a few days late, but I was noticing how often I received a 22 point increase to my rating when I won. So what happens?

Bioware patches it, players now see that they lose way more than they can possibly gain from a win...and thus simply refuse to que anymore. To them it's not worth the risk.

I can't speak for all servers, but with fewer games popping, and the lower numbers of players queuing up, for the rest of us it's become frustrating. The odds of winning a dozen games in a row are small, but you'll have to get lucky often, if you're rating is going to improve. I always lose more rating from a loss than I gain from a win.

I've seen alot of fotm classes, mixed with 25k hp comm farmers. Yolo que is a joke.

I don't think rating is problem.

Player with 2,4k rating can be killed by player with starter's rating and has no advantage over him what so ever...

HOWEVER..

more of a problem is that fact that for one get constantly thrown into arena's with other 3 dpses (I usually play medicine operative - yeye, haha.. eat da popo) , but from time to time I get to play concealment (even though its less than useless) and usually we end up being 4 dpses standing against tank, healer and 2 dpsers... now tell me HOW could there be even slightest possiblity of defeating such team ?

Even if we all had shall we say (?) 2,4k rating, and they all were just starters... unless they are braindamaged, there is basically no way to beat such team (I realize that by posting this now all of you allmighty forum warriors and theorycrafters are gonna give me alot of **** on this and try to come up with stuff like all should focus that invisible healer and that it's east etc etc..).

.. not to mention that from time to time I play well known 3v4 or simmilar games.. ;)

no cross server is part of the problem though.

it's obvious their whole matchmaking in general is bugged, along with how much rating you win/lose in relation to your own rating.

however, there just isn't the population there anymore, for solo or team. even if bioware throws a hailmary and miraculously pulls x server out of their ***, we'd have maybe ~60 teams for the first week or so, and then most would get farmed out of playing.

the only chance to save rated pvp under the current system is to make it so only team ranked rewards rated comms. no solo queue, no warzone dailies, no converting comms. pvp is dying fast and it won't be long before solo or team is dead altogether (if it already isn't on some servers)

Quoted for truth

I don't think rating is problem.

Player with 2,4k rating can be killed by player with starter's rating and has no advantage over him what so ever...

You don't see a problem with the engine being designed to group people together based on rating (essentially skill level) and match them against another group of similar ranking but ranking that could be anywhere across the board? If you don't see a problem with matching players who've proven their skill time and again against players who've either proven they suck, or haven't played enough to prove anything... you're blind as a bat.

• 4 weeks later...
We have seen similar posts on what you have reported in this thread. The rating disparity you have shown in your results is entirely possible, although very unlikely to happen on any consistent basis. I wanted to assure you that our team is aware of these reports and is tracking data behind our matchmaking to look for any potential issues.

Thanks!

-eric

11/21....the last dev post in the pvp forums. Track that data, boys!

We have seen similar posts on what you have reported in this thread. The rating disparity you have shown in your results is entirely possible, although very unlikely to happen on any consistent basis. I wanted to assure you that our team is aware of these reports and is tracking data behind our matchmaking to look for any potential issues.

Thanks!

-eric

eric sorry mate your metrics are wrong these things do indeed happen on every server all the time and your just to lazy to look at it and fix it or ea wont give you permission to touch the game

eric sorry mate your metrics are wrong these things do indeed happen on every server all the time and your just to lazy to look at it and fix it or ea wont give you permission to touch the game

Matchmaking was probably not even implemented in any form. This reminds me of my daughter making up wierd excuses when shes done something shes not supposed to.

Matchmaking was probably not even implemented in any form. This reminds me of my daughter making up wierd excuses when shes done something shes not supposed to.

If it's acting the way it is, it was technically implemented, but it was put together by a mediocre programmer and went through no real testing whatsoever.

Ah about solo matchmaking, yesterday me and a few others asked to que solo ranked on my server. This is what happened ;

Had 3 games in a row that were 3 vs 4, obviously some kid decided to que and leave every time to be funny.

Deserter buff much needed :rak_02:

Edited by Jorojus

Ah about solo matchmaking, yesterday me and a few others asked to que solo ranked on my server. This is what happened ;

Had 3 games in a row that were 3 vs 4, obviously some kid decided to que and leave every time to be funny.

Deserter buff much needed :rak_02:

Agreed, I'm still wondering why this hasn't been implemented yet. 15minute lockout from warzone/gsf que, queue, minimum. This has existed for PvE since 1.3, it only goes to show how little Bioware really cares about PvP.

Hard to do proper matchmaking when most of the time there are only 4-16 players doing ranked solo queue from each faction. It's sad, sometimes you just get stuck with whoever is queuing at the time, and that often does not help rating. To me that's another reason solo rating is pretty much a joke. Edited by madcappah

Hard to do proper matchmaking when most of the time there are only 4-16 players doing ranked solo queue from each faction.

It's hard but not impossible. It's probably impossible at this point for all 8 players to have similar ratings but you should be able to structure a match such that the sum of the ratings of any 4 players are very similar to any other 4 players if you have 16 queuing each side.