What Happened to the Promised Trooper Boot Bug Fix?

LetoAtreidesII

It's been over a month since the Trooper boot texture bug (over 16 heavy armor/trooper boots had their textures broken so that they were very noticeably the wrong color and no longer responded to dyes or unify colors) was introduced and a fix was confirmed and seemed imminent. Since then there has been no fix and no communication on the situation.

I'm beginning to suspect that the fix is no longer forthcoming because of a simple mistake - the fix was supposed to be included in one of the past few patches and was flagged/labeled as such in Bioware's internal task list. Thus, Bioware erroneously believes it was included and fixed. Indeed, the bug was "locked down internally" over four weeks ago:

... and another update! This issue has been locked down internally, and we're working on a fix. However, I'd still love your input to be sure we didn't miss anything! Below is a list of the gear types that we have confirmed are seeing boot display issues; please post if your boots are having the problem described in the OP and they're not one of the types here:
  • RD-17A
  • TT-15A
  • TH-15A
  • TH-17A
  • Trooper’s Exalted

Note: I see the report of the Elite boots above and am looking into them now.

Thanks again for your reports!

Errors in communication and filing happen all the time in large projects with multiple teams. So it's inevitable that mistakes will happen. I think that the fix was submitted for inclusion in one of the past few patches and was flagged/labeled as fixed. However, the actual fix didn't make it into the patch. If something like that did indeed happen, Bioware now believes the issue to be resolved (and indeed it is not in the known issues list) when it actually isn't.

As such, it is important for Bioware to realize that the issue was NOT fixed and update their logs accordingly. Either way, please let update us on the situation with this bug. Thank you.

Good morning!

I have an update for y'all! This fix will be in Game Update 2.5. :jawa_biggrin:

Im sorry, but how about http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6416660#post6416660 "Any other leapers falling short of their destination? "

Thanks so much for your patience! As we have details regarding what's causing this or when a fix is incoming, we'll be sure to let you know.

6 months so far...

My Renowned Trooper boots still have blue lights around the kneepads and on the back a little stripe.

Also the color match is broke. The lights look the same as the ones on the Galvanized Infantry set.

Which I find weird, that I bought those boots over a year ago, and they would just suddenly grow lights on them.

I see other models are affected too, but it's 2.5 and still have whacko boots.

My Renowned Trooper boots still have blue lights around the kneepads and on the back a little stripe.

Also the color match is broke. The lights look the same as the ones on the Galvanized Infantry set.

Which I find weird, that I bought those boots over a year ago, and they would just suddenly grow lights on them.

I see other models are affected too, but it's 2.5 and still have whacko boots.

Maybe the fix just isn't on the PTS but will be part of the live patch?