The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Darth Malgus vs Darth Sideous

BacaWicket

Sidious is considered as most powerful Sith ever lived. No additional disscussion needed.

consideration is not fact

also sideous always seems to keep his battles both force and lightsabre very short overpowering his enemies before they get a chance to react in kind I think if you take that away what does he really have? apart from force lightning and the power to dominate minds everything that sideous achieved was through a plan that that was set in motion a thousand years ago it was all set up for him what exactly did he have to do apart from follow the script that was put before him

if you ask me he was in the right place at the right time

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

consideration is not fact

also sideous always seems to keep his battles both force and lightsabre very short overpowering his enemies before they get a chance to react in kind I think if you take that away what does he really have? apart from force lightning and the power to dominate minds everything that sideous achieved was through a plan that that was set in motion a thousand years ago it was all set up for him what exactly did he have to do apart from follow the script that was put before him

if you ask me he was in the right place at the right time

Have you ever considered that the reason he overpowered his enemies so quickly was because he was so damn powerful? Take that away and what do you have? A old man with no Force powers and no skill in lightsaber combat.

Just look a his duel with Yoda, that guy was fully prepared and it was Sidious who was caught unawares.

Sideous would out thing and manipulate Malgus into believing that wearing a french maid costume ans scrubbing toilets in the Imperial Palace was in fact helping the Sith rule the galaxy.

Sideous had a intelligence and cunning that previous Sith didn't have.

Even Bane who was very smart and cunning would have been no match for Sideous.

the problem with the most powerful Sith Lord of all time is that he went for so long without serious opposition that he became complacent and arrogant, and the force abandoned him at a key moment (didn't allow him to predict Vader's redemption)

• 1 year later...
there are 2 active threads so i started looking for something else to respond to :o

Well, I think the discussion kinda ran its course here so I'm not sure why you brought this one back.

MALGUS LOSES

In every possible way.

/thread

I like this comment, though. :D

Edited by Aurbere

Malgus is of course a powerful sith. No Jedi would ever match him in lightsaber combat(as he destroyed both Shan and the Battlemaster, as well as murdering her Master and countless others. But keep in mind that Sideous is no ordinary Sith. Sure, Malgus is probably a better fighter. As was Windu, as is probably Anakin.

It doesn't matter. Their knowledge of the Force is much, much less. Sideous is a more powerful forceuser than any other. His cunning and his power knows almost no boundry. Malgus vs Vader is a more delicate matter, but obviously Vader would likely get killed.

Sideous, however, is a beast. It's highly unlikely that he'd lose. But as we have seen (vs Windu), Sideous might lose as well. I would've been suprised to see Windu defeat Malgus, truely...

*Also; Of course, the new generation of Jedi is weak. They do knot know war, have any of the modern Jedi Masters even fought in a war? Stating that they're the "golden generation" (I saw someone say so once) is as foolish as it gets. Because war breeds hard men, and the Jedi has never been weaker. Imagine if the Sith Empire of SWTOR had invaded the Republic from the movies... The Jedi would all die, and that in a short period of time. The Republic did not even have an army... I mean. They didn't have an army. Except the "Peacecorps" (Jedi), that's sort of like the United Nation's "army"..

*Also; Of course, the new generation of Jedi is weak. They do knot know war, have any of the modern Jedi Masters even fought in a war? Stating that they're the "golden generation" (I saw someone say so once) is as foolish as it gets. Because war breeds hard men, and the Jedi has never been weaker. Imagine if the Sith Empire of SWTOR had invaded the Republic from the movies... The Jedi would all die, and that in a short period of time. The Republic did not even have an army... I mean. They didn't have an army. Except the "Peacecorps" (Jedi), that's sort of like the United Nation's "army"..

Wrong. It's canon that the Jedi in the prequel movies were the golden age of Jedi which was stated by GL himself. Dooku, Anakin, Obi Wan Kenobi, Sidious, Windu, and Yoda were some of the most powerful Jedi in history. There's also plenty of Jedi better in lightsaber combat than Satele Shan. In fact, she probably doesn't make it into the top 10 in lightsaber combat or if she does just barely. Windu alone is leagues ahead of her. So is Obi Wan Kenobi and even Dooku when he was a Jedi.

Malgus is good in lightsaber combat but the best? Hardly. There's a lot of Canon examples that he wasn't. Likewise, neither was Satele Shan. Not trying to knock her but you're skipping out on some powerful Jedi.

Malgus is capable of defeating Sidious. Vader defeated Sidious and Malgus is on par with Vader more or less. A victory for Malgus is not a likely scenario, but it's a possibility.

Vader had an edge that Sidious didn't. That he would never truly betray his master. That his control in him is absolute. This isn't something Sidious feels about Malgus. Vader surprised regular Sidious but what of Dark Empire Sidious?

Malgus is capable of defeating Sidious. Vader defeated Sidious and Malgus is on par with Vader more or less. A victory for Malgus is not a likely scenario, but it's a possibility.

No it's not a likely scenario in anyway shape or form.

I still can't believe this is being argued.

No it's not a likely scenario in anyway shape or form.

I still can't believe this is being argued.

Yes it is possible, because vader threw Sidious to his doom, and with all his unlimited power there was nothing he could do to stop it. In the right scenario Malgus could win. Also there is the case of Anakin and Obi wan on Mustafar.

Yes it is possible, because vader threw Sidious to his doom, and with all his unlimited power there was nothing he could do to stop it. In the right scenario Malgus could win. Also there is the case of Anakin and Obi wan on Mustafar.

.....No it's not possible, you're using a scenario that was a one time deal and even then, that scenario ended with Vader dying.

Malgus cannot defeat Sidious.

...You really just tried to compare Sidious to Anakin and Obi-Wan?....Really?....

I'm done that was just bad.

Well I guess your word is law then and no point for debate, or should I say George Lucas word is law... To hell with what Lucas says. He is not running the show anymore. Malgus is a beast and can take a beating. Sidious would have to beat Malgus within an inch of his life. It would be a good fight, and possibly a victory for Malgus depending on environmental factors. That is my opinion even though it's not a popular one. This thread was started to provoke debate. If nobody plays devil's advocate then the thread gets boring. Edited by DARTHOSIRUS