And people said mercs would suck in rwz...

ToMyMa

Considering the player is from TOFN, a server who has lost all respect among the pvp community for exploiting, it doesn't say a whole lot about the class. Especially since the next Mando/Merc is #43, #52, and #87. So.... there are 4 mandos/mercs in the top 100.

So.. you lose respect for the majority of the eu pvp community because of the actions of about six people?

thats cool brah, thats cool. :rolleyes:

Edited by AngusFTW

So.. you lose respect for the majority of the eu pvp community because of the actions of about six people?

thats cool brah, thats cool. :rolleyes:

And you know it's only four how exactly?

Edit: and then you edit to 6. What's next?

Edited by Phrase

So, tell me if a small group of people from the bastion did this. and we where to go around saying that the bastion has lost all credibility within the pvp community because of these few dudes, you guys would all be ok with this right? ofc Edited by AngusFTW

So, tell me if a small group of people from the bastion did this. and we where to go around saying that the bastion has lost all credibility within the pvp community because of these few dudes, you guys would all be ok with this right? ofc

i would. i loosely know most of the top streamers/pvpers from bastion, and all the top people from pot5 would be extremely disappointed if they stooped that low

euros do this in every game. look at wow and all the world firsts (even if it was pve)

that's the stigma you have to deal with whether you like it or not. instead of cheerleading for people on your server, you should have been speaking out against them and trying to get them banned yourself

i would. i loosely know most of the top streamers/pvpers from bastion, and all the top people from pot5 would be extremely disappointed if they stooped that low

euros do this in every game. look at wow and all the world firsts (even if it was pve)

that's the stigma you have to deal with whether you like it or not. instead of cheerleading for people on your server, you should have been speaking out against them and trying to get them banned yourself

Cheerleading our people? We did speak against them, but not on the forums because calling people out is against the forum rules, so instead we called them out in a private chat where most top pvpers from ToFN are.

Edited by Xelereth

Cheerleading our people? We did speak against them, but not on the forums because calling people out is against the forum rules, so instead we called them out in a private chat where most top pvpers from ToFN are.

i'm going off that thread on tofn forums

lots of people doing the eu vs usa thing

even if you guys are being trolled, the overall message was true

i'm going off that thread on tofn forums

lots of people doing the eu vs usa thing

even if you guys are being trolled, the overall message was true

Most of our pvpers barely uses the forums anymore because of the chat, so there is a lot of stuff you guys don't see. Believe me when i say this: Most of us does not support what they did, and we made sure we told them that..

Most of our pvpers barely uses the forums anymore because of the chat, so there is a lot of stuff you guys don't see. Believe me when i say this: Most of us does not support what they did, and we made sure we told them that..

internet hi5

If you put a merc on the healing skill tree you will be almost invincible (not quite that but you will get unbeatable a couple of times if you do it right). I have also noticed some of the people who are badmouthing how mercenaries suck at PvP don't even have mercenaries as far as I can see when they list the characters they have so how the #### would they know? Edited by fdbgjfdhjgkjdhsg

Rating systems can always be exploited and they don't actually mean a thing. It's just another carrot meant to hold peoples attention and give them something to do. I laughed my *** off when I found people are taking it seriously enough to multibox and exploit.

We might have 1 merc in the top 5, he may be exploiting or he may be so lucky that if he would play the lottery he would win it twice in a row....

What is more relevant, that we have 3 other in the top 200. That is 2%...

There is just nothing I can do.. Always focus targeted and stunlocked. If i stay back they just run through the rest of the team to cherry pick. If left alone i can do decent damage and burst but i have no survivability.... I am open to suggestion how you deal with it.

Well if there are individuals that have lost all "respect" for an entire server (because of the actions of a handful of people from the same guild) claiming to represent the entire pvp community, I would simply come to the conclusion that those individuals are dumb as a bag of spanners.

It is not my job to go around and find people and tell them not to exploit or cheat, that is Bioware's job - but in this case I do believe that this was outed on the forum by someone from the TOFN. I also did tell them it would reflect badly on them on these very forums before the thread was removed, because I thought it was a cheap thing to do.

However to judge an entire population of a server (hell why stop there? just blame Europe) for the actions of a handful of people is something racists do on a daily basis with minorities and it is an indication of low intelligence. But then I see on another thread this USA v Europe thing developing (how sad is this crap?) and I can probably see why people think like this.

The stupidity of sections of this community never ceases to amaze me.

Edited by PloGreen

If you put a merc on the healing skill tree you will be almost invincible (not quite that but you will get unbeatable a couple of times if you do it right). I have also noticed some of the people who are badmouthing how mercenaries suck at PvP don't even have mercenaries as far as I can see when they list the characters they have so how the #### would they know?

Almost invincible? What? I think you are thinking about operative healers. Just interrupt those mercenary healers and they will have a very hard time.

And how would people that don't play mercenaries now how bad they are? Are you somehow thinking that people do not see what classes do not do well when they are up against them?

They get blown up so easily in arenas

They can interrupt most of their best moves

Very few in the top 100 (a total of 3 and 1 of those is questionable at best)

Considering the player is from TOFN, a server who has lost all respect among the pvp community for exploiting, it doesn't say a whole lot about the class.

I do not know what you are talking about and I visit the forum every day.

Crappy statement of the day.

Edited by Aetideus

All of the top ratings are exploiters.

Sorry to burst your bubble but mercs still suck :(

I have actually seen a lot of mercs take down groups with minor support. I know its hard to believe but with scoundrel scamper support those can literally pole dance around a group to prevent LoS while popping droids HoT's on other teammembers.

Sorry to say but either range or melee the task is long and hard to take down a scamper, but it seems mercs and commandos are pretty balanced at first when they aren't spamming DPS while healing themselves and other teammates while blowing missles to take down health. Wish other classes could take down as much as a merc/commando.

But TBH my argument should be disregarded because I haven't felt the full power of a Merc/Commando abilites for my self and can only describe what I feel are imbalances from my other plethora of classes.

I have actually seen a lot of mercs take down groups with minor support. I know its hard to believe but with scoundrel scamper support those can literally pole dance around a group to prevent LoS while popping droids HoT's on other teammembers.

Sorry to say but either range or melee the task is long and hard to take down a scamper, but it seems mercs and commandos are pretty balanced at first when they aren't spamming DPS while healing themselves and other teammates while blowing missles to take down health. Wish other classes could take down as much as a merc/commando.

But TBH my argument should be disregarded because I haven't felt the full power of a Merc/Commando abilites for my self and can only describe what I feel are imbalances from my other plethora of classes.

It's not hard to believe at all, I know from personal experience trying to take down a healing merc can be quite a challenge. Maybe in a team environment with good focus it's easy, idk, but I've seen commandos go entire warzones without dying once in a fairly otherwise-balanced game.

The issue though was the OP reporting a merc at the top, just wasn't representing the class realistically. Mercs flat out suck in ranked play from what I've seen.

But as some other guy in this thread has mentioned, I don't have a merc myself, I can only go off what the numbers are reporting and what my experiences facing the class are. My experience with merc is that the only good thing about them right now is that they have a net.

Edited by JP_Legatus