Print Screen for Screenshots still broken

TheCheatz

This issue still exists. Additionally, I have found out that when the issue is happening, my Print Screen key's functionality is locked out in ALL applications, even when I unbind it in the game client. This was easy enough to test by opening Paint, hitting Print Screen with Paint as focus, and attempting to Paste while the SWTOR client is still running and I am experiencing the issue in-game. Nothing happens.

Quitting and reloading the client fixed the issue, both in-game and in other applications, but that's a band-aid fix at best and will get extremely annoying.

This issue still exists. Additionally, I have found out that when the issue is happening, my Print Screen key's functionality is locked out in ALL applications, even when I unbind it in the game client. This was easy enough to test by opening Paint, hitting Print Screen with Paint as focus, and attempting to Paste while the SWTOR client is still running and I am experiencing the issue in-game. Nothing happens.

Quitting and reloading the client fixed the issue, both in-game and in other applications, but that's a band-aid fix at best and will get extremely annoying.

You know, I'm glad you posted. I too have this issue at times, usually when I'm trying to get character profile screenshots on my 10 characters. The Print Screen key just stops working entirely.

• 1 year later...

Can confirm this. Print screen works fine when I login but stops working after a few hours.

Additionally, I have found out that when the issue is happening, my Print Screen key's functionality is locked out in ALL applications, even when I unbind it in the game client. This was easy enough to test by opening Paint, hitting Print Screen with Paint as focus, and attempting to Paste while the SWTOR client is still running.

Keep in mind that the Windows print-screen function requires you to press Ctrl + PrintScreen to take a screenshot. When you just press PrintScreen, nothing happens for regular programs.

• 8 months later...
Still an issue! Started happening to me only after 3.0.

Sometimes it works, then 5min after it doesn't.

Still an issue as of today. Been here since launch. Finally hit top score in a GSF deathmatch and print screen lets me down :(

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem. Sometimes I can take screenshots, but mostly not. This seems random.

I just lost an awesome picture of doing twice the dps than the rest of the team. Mentioned it in chat and now I can't show a proof because Bioware let me down! /cry

This seems random.

Classic bug, triggered reliably by two things in my experience. The first is switching characters: logging out of one toon and into another without exiting the client can break print screen. The second is zoning. This one is less consistent, but sometimes zoning into certain story areas, like the alliance base, can break print screen. In this case zoning out again may clear it.

Edited by Laiov