Space pvp - will it have its own rotation?

DarthMaulUK

If so, I want the Juggernaut SMASH ship. I want a 3-button rotation that puts out crazy damage with a very low skill cap.

I assure you we use more then 3 buttons.. I have mapped 3 bars of buttons...

Now the skill cap... Yes its low.

Now the skill cap... Yes its low.

I roll with Vengeance on my Jugg. Honestly, I don't know how Smashmonkeys keep themselves from falling asleep at the keyboard. But, I digress. Getting back on topic:

I got the beta invite, but I can't bring myself to test it. I've learned my lesson about having high expectations for this game. I was a helluva pilot in SWG, and the thought of BioWare developing space PvP makes me nauseous.

If I work from a baseline assumption that they would be different ques (space having such different mechanics from ground PvP), I'm wondering if you can que up for them at the same time if you chose to. Can that be answered? Edited by BoushhDC

I roll with Vengeance on my Jugg. Honestly, I don't know how Smashmonkeys keep themselves from falling asleep at the keyboard. But, I digress. Getting back on topic:

I got the beta invite, but I can't bring myself to test it. I've learned my lesson about having high expectations for this game. I was a helluva pilot in SWG, and the thought of BioWare developing space PvP makes me nauseous.

You're being too hard on bioware (not that it wasn't justified). I think space pvp will surprise you.

Ooh, Ooh! BIOWARE: May I have this guys' ^^ Beta invite, PLEAAAASE?!?!

(Incidentally, I was also a helluva pilot and SWG and was a vocal and strident advocate of free flight space in this game on the main forums for months and months -- 6 or more? -- before they were reset, which was while the initial game was still in closed beta. Look it up, the old forum must be archived somewhere!).

Edited by BoushhDC

And I have no idea how you can play just 1 spec and not get bored :p

Do test them and then provide some feedback... Well at least when the NDA is lifted.

we all know it will be separate, stop worrying you are getting more people riled up over something that has so far no evidence of happening

Well they threw Arenas into the mix and because Bioware call it a 'type' of Warzone they used that as their excuse for doing so. Space will also be a 'type' or warzone, hence the question.

Personally, I would like to see all 3 have their own Q

Well they threw Arenas into the mix and because Bioware call it a 'type' of Warzone they used that as their excuse for doing so. Space will also be a 'type' or warzone, hence the question.

Personally, I would like to see all 3 have their own Q

The arena example is irrelevant. Arenas and warzones were both ground pvp, with pvp gear, space pvp is completely different, different mechanics, different abilities, and instead of pvp gear there will be only ship upgrades instead. So again, they will not have same que as ground pvp, and stop getting people riled over something that is never going to happen

The arena example is irrelevant.

Is it? Then maybe you should be telling that to Bioware instead of being yet another blinkered fanboy. Its not about getting rifled up over it, its what we call a question in todays world.

Because judging by their response on separate Qs for Arenas, they are both the same

Edited by DarthMaulUK

Is it? Then maybe you should be telling that to Bioware instead of being yet another blinkered fanboy. Its not about getting rifled up over it, its what we call a question in todays world.

Because judging by their response on separate Qs for Arenas, they are both the same

except that arenas and warzones both require people in pvp gear who are all in the same basic concept fighting eachother in similar battles, but space pvp is totally different, I mean seriously ground pvp and getting into a starship that requires totally different gearing are not the same thing

I mean they are going to be dead in less then a month with 12 players needed...

I am INCREDIBLY excited for space PvP, but - like you - I'm thinking 12 players per team is a TAD ambitious.

I'm on Begeren Colony, and I have YET to get into a single Ranked Arena via the solo queue, even though I've spent 4 hours waiting on several occasions without a single pop.

Of course, cross-server queues would fix it, but I'm not ceasing respiration.

I am INCREDIBLY excited for space PvP, but - like you - I'm thinking 12 players per team is a TAD ambitious.

I'm on Begeren Colony, and I have YET to get into a single Ranked Arena via the solo queue, even though I've spent 4 hours waiting on several occasions without a single pop.

Of course, cross-server queues would fix it, but I'm not ceasing respiration.

Like you, I'm excited. If 12 ends up being too ambitious, they could probably adjust the numbers but I don't see it being a problem at least on my server which has always had a high population. I think Arena's are a different matter in terms of why they don't pop much: comparatively very few people are interested in risking having their hats handed to them w/ ranking consequences. Most of the peeps I knew that were, left the game eons ago.

Edited by BoushhDC

I'm hoping it's a fad that lasts around 2 weeks then dies off. Without cross server pvp ques are bad enough, this will only make them worse.

Z

I really don't care. I've been waiting 2+ years for them to add free flight space combat. Adding content is always a good thing. Those of us who advocated tirelessly for this have waited long enough and it's our turn.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.