No Interest in End-Game

Mantang

If you don't raid and don't pvp in the endgame , then preffered is enough !

So only thing you are getting is 350k max credit the rest are in escrow .

which can be unlocked by buying escrow things , so since you are subbed now , might as go buy unlock and grind credits

till the sub is worth more with veteran rewards , yeah if you don't raid or pvp .

there is not really a endgame other then dailies for now .

^ Exactly while I unsubbed months ago and why I will unsub again after I am done with Galactic Starfighter. The prices of the passes for operations and warzones are not that bad on the GTN. I have made the credits for them without trying.

At some point there are going to have to get creative and do more than add anothe operation or a pvp type. I thought they would do more with their events because events always seem to get people to log in and play.

Whenever I play I'm always subbed. Its not that I think subbing is necessarily a better value for what I'm getting but its just that as a businessman myself I realize they are providing me a service and I feel that is worth something monetarily. Playing as many hours in a month as I do paying the monthly fee seems more than reasonable compensation for the work Bioware does to provide me the experience of SWtoR.

I wouldn't be doing endgame stuff though so basically the value has to be in the adventure for me. Appreciate any advice!

It sounds like you enjoy the story/narrative aspect and experiencing new content. My question to you is, what is it about endgame stuff you don't like? I ask because I have recently returned to the game (was level 45), did all the expansion content, as well as all of the flashpoint and operations. I have found the flashpoints and operations to have a lot of really fun story progression and narrative. I have seen very cool things and explored new places in the flashpoints and operations that have advanced my understanding of the game world and the storylines, so that makes me want to recommend you experience them too. But, the way you experience them will need to be with a group of 4, 8, or 16 people, rather than you and your companion. Is grouping what you don't like about endgame content? Or were you referring to something else?

Cheers, and hope that helps a bit.

It sounds like you enjoy the story/narrative aspect and experiencing new content. My question to you is, what is it about endgame stuff you don't like? I ask because I have recently returned to the game (was level 45), did all the expansion content, as well as all of the flashpoint and operations. I have found the flashpoints and operations to have a lot of really fun story progression and narrative. I have seen very cool things and explored new places in the flashpoints and operations that have advanced my understanding of the game world and the storylines, so that makes me want to recommend you experience them too. But, the way you experience them will need to be with a group of 4, 8, or 16 people, rather than you and your companion. Is grouping what you don't like about endgame content? Or were you referring to something else?

Cheers, and hope that helps a bit.

I don't care much for the daily grind more than anything and the repetitiveness. I just dislike having to sit down and do what I did yesterday again just so that I can get better gear to do the same thing quicker in perpetuity. Even if I'm in raiding and it gets put on farm I will start to mentally burn out on it really quickly.

Whenever I play I'm always subbed. Its not that I think subbing is necessarily a better value for what I'm getting but its just that as a businessman myself I realize they are providing me a service and I feel that is worth something monetarily. Playing as many hours in a month as I do paying the monthly fee seems more than reasonable compensation for the work Bioware does to provide me the experience of SWtoR.

I do the same , but from business point of view , they need to really entice people to sub more .

that is why the veteran reward or have more options for pug raids , like the WZ passes are selling ,

Cause currently roleplayers and other people who don't sub , don't really see a big incentive to sub .

that is what I am trying to get across , it isn't so much about money .

It is more about , entice people to sub thus create a more bigger steady numbers of revenue !

that can warrant additional funding , CM market is not always a steady market , crate can sell 20x one time , next time 0 .

For you maybe. For a lot of people, myself included, it is the game. Playing through the stories is a really enjoyable journey. The destination, however, is not a place I'm interested in spending any great amount of time exploring. When I have done all eight stories, I will have finished the game and will move on. And that isn't a complaint. I'm perfectly okay with that.
Perhaps spend a few bucks in the Cartel Shop for extra quickbars & inventory storage to meet the prime requisites for Preferred Status and try it that way. Should probably compare models first to make sure you would get what you want though. I sub in 6 month increments, so the $12.99 a month works out to 43¢ a day. http://www.swtor.com/free/features. Edited by GalacticKegger

I would highly suggest going through Czerka and Oricon stories at least once per empire and republic once you get to 55. unfortunately, Oricon requires finishing both OPs to see the end of the story, while Czerka is only 2+ group.

still they are quite fun IMO (there are also dailies in the area, but you don't actually have to start grinding them, just follow the story original quest giver sets you on - its sorta kinda like Illum in that regard)

Perhaps spend a few bucks in the Cartel Shop for extra quickbars & inventory storage to meet the prime requisites for Preferred Status and try it that way. Should probably compare models first to make sure you would get what you want though. I sub in 6 month increments, so the $12.99 a month works out to 43¢ a day. http://www.swtor.com/free/features.

I've always played as a sub, and I don't think that will change as long as I am still playing. Once I feel that I have experienced everything I want to I shall likely unsub. Though if new stuff of the size and nature of the Makeb expansion comes along, I imagine I would pop back for at least a while to check them out. I rather enjoyed Makeb, but as it only has a planetary questline, and has no separate class quests like earlier planets do, I don't think I shall bother playing it again with my other, lower level characters when they get to 50.

Edited by PLynkes

Personally I find the story line of Makeb interesting but it was as the LotR quote "like butter spread over too much bread". There were a few lengthy quests in it that are just tedious and the story line itself is finished in 2-3 levels tops. I always end up being done at Makeb at level 53 and I use rested time and XP boosts. Doesn't matter if it's empire or republic.

The main reason I rarely go back there is because it's tedious and there are too many mobs in some areas. Also the fact that it's broken up in so many small islands doesn't really work for me. I could've done with less islands and more to do on each island.

Anyways, I agree that Makeb is not the main reason to go on. The Oricon dailies are much better and the initial story line versions give some nice gear rewards (66 gear). I tend to have better gear already by then but for alts and companions it can be very handy as well. And the two ops there are quite well done.

Thing is, if you do the storyline on makeb and the dailies ONCE, you will reach lvl 55 with no problems.

And dailies aren't that bad the first time you do them :)

I do the story line and pick up the dailies along the way and use xp boosts and I am level 53 when I get done. I am level 50 when I start.

So I don't know what you do different because I never get to 55 or even 54 unless I am higher level coming into Makeb.

Well after reading the feedback on here I started Makeb last night with my original raiding main, my Trooper Vanguard. I have to say its kind of nostalgic (haven't done anything with him since about 1.2) to come to a new planet that's been invaded and it just seems to be super appropriate that the people they call are Special Forces. Although I have to say in the time that I've not played him I saw the Captain America movie (and Avengers) and now its almost like they're the same character. But no complaints so far!

Er, where did you get the idea that I don't play with other players? I never said that. You just made it up. :)

It's replaying the same bit of story over and over that leaves me cold. Whether it is a solo mission or not makes no difference. It's why I rarely play a flashpoint more than once or twice, and why these days I prefer to skip the planetary questlines if I can do it and still keep up level-wise with the main story.

Endgame is made out of repetition, be it Dailies, Weeklies, Ops or whatever. It's like a stuck record, as far as the story goes. The same events happening over and over and over again forever. Not my cup of tea.

I got it from your quote below - you said story IS the game and when you have finished all 8 stories, you'll quit and move on. I wasn't trying to be insulting - I was simply expressing my opinion that I feel that if you do that, you're missing what I think is the best part of MMOs, the player interaction that you're forced to have to complete an Ops and such. Stories are fine, but they all end...that's what I love about MMOs...the don't. The story is what YOU make it, not only what was scripted.

For you maybe. For a lot of people, myself included, it is the game. Playing through the stories is a really enjoyable journey. The destination, however, is not a place I'm interested in spending any great amount of time exploring. When I have done all eight stories, I will have finished the game and will move on. And that isn't a complaint. I'm perfectly okay with that.

Strongly recommend you play the Makeb Republic story first.

Makeb's storyline is bigger than either faction, the full experience and understanding can only come with playing both sides, but the Republic story is much better for "not knowing".

There are parts of the Imperial story that can cause minor spoilers for the Republic story, which is less evident the other way around. So playing Makeb for the first time, that ignorance of the story actually makes the Republic story work better than it otherwise would.

I haven't been to Makeb yet, but,

it is like Taris, right ? Republic comes, achieves something, which is then destroyed by the Empire ? Am I right ?

I got it from your quote below - you said story IS the game and when you have finished all 8 stories, you'll quit and move on. I wasn't trying to be insulting - I was simply expressing my opinion that I feel that if you do that, you're missing what I think is the best part of MMOs, the player interaction that you're forced to have to complete an Ops and such. Stories are fine, but they all end...that's what I love about MMOs...the don't. The story is what YOU make it, not only what was scripted.

You haven't played any good Adventure games lately ?

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

I got it from your quote below - you said story IS the game and when you have finished all 8 stories, you'll quit and move on. I wasn't trying to be insulting - I was simply expressing my opinion that I feel that if you do that, you're missing what I think is the best part of MMOs, the player interaction that you're forced to have to complete an Ops and such. Stories are fine, but they all end...that's what I love about MMOs...the don't.

I didn't take it as an insult. As far as I'm concerned we're having a friendly discussion. :)

It seems I may have overstated my case and in doing so misrepresented myself a bit, causing a misunderstanding. When I said for me the story is the game, I didn't mean to imply that I only want to play the main class quests and nothing else, if that is what you took me to mean. I do play Heroic Missions, Flashpoints, World Bosses, guild social events and stuff like that. I'd like to do the Ops too. Haven't done so as yet, but the reason for that is a whole different thread, really, and would be sending this topic off on a tangent.

I really just meant that my characters' stories are my main source of fun. I want new things to happen in those stories, be they solo or group content. What I'm not interested in doing is the same bit of story over and over. So once there is no new stuff to do, I'm done. That's all.

But that doesn't mean I'm leaving any time soon, because there is still a hell of a lot of stuff I haven't done yet. :)

The story is what YOU make it, not only what was scripted.

I don't really get that, not with SWTOR. What is there that is not scripted? There isn't really any open-world, freeform content to speak of, is there? I have played the odd game where there is scope for this sort of thing, but I'm not really seeing it here. Endlessly repeating the same Dailies and Ops seem to be all that await at the end of the trail.

Edited by PLynkes

I don't care much for the daily grind more than anything and the repetitiveness. I just dislike having to sit down and do what I did yesterday again just so that I can get better gear to do the same thing quicker in perpetuity. Even if I'm in raiding and it gets put on farm I will start to mentally burn out on it really quickly.

Grinding dailies/raiding for gear is lazy design and apparently the only thing they can come up with in a non-sandbox game. PVP grinding is more tolerable as WZ are fun, but Arenas with a shared queue is certainly a turnoff, imo .

For me the value proposition with this game ends when I finish the class stories - that's why I'm taking my time to level my toons to 55 through WZ (ditch Arenas) and class story missions. I'll check out the new space thing, but it looks like more rails with PVP tossed in.

I'm with you, once I hit end game there is no longer any value and I'll unsub.

I didn't take it as an insult. As far as I'm concerned we're having a friendly discussion. :)

It seems I may have overstated my case and in doing so misrepresented myself a bit, causing a misunderstanding. When I said for me the story is the game, I didn't mean to imply that I only want to play the main class quests and nothing else, if that is what you took me to mean. I do play Heroic Missions, Flashpoints, World Bosses, guild social events and stuff like that. I'd like to do the Ops too. Haven't done so as yet, but the reason for that is a whole different thread, really, and would be sending this topic off on a tangent.

I really just meant that my characters' stories are my main source of fun. I want new things to happen in those stories, be they solo or group content. What I'm not interested in doing is the same bit of story over and over. So once there is no new stuff to do, I'm done. That's all.

But that doesn't mean I'm leaving any time soon, because there is still a hell of a lot of stuff I haven't done yet. :)

I don't really get that, not with SWTOR. What is there that is not scripted? There isn't really any open-world, freeform content to speak of, is there? I have played the odd game where there is scope for this sort of thing, but I'm not really seeing it here. Endlessly repeating the same Dailies and Ops seem to be all that await at the end of the trail.

OK...I understand much better now and I can where you were coming from. Myself - I have 3 level 55 toons only, but generally only use one of them. 2 of the 3 haven't even finished their class stories...the story just isn't a big part of the game for me...doing group stuff is.

Although every encounter is far too heavily scripted for most people, I assure you, very few Ops runs are the same. Same bosses, same mechanics, same trash...but the players are the variable...depending on the players who accompany you, it can be an easy (boring) run, or it can be one where it pushes you all to frustration. I encourage you to try them when you get a chance.

I also love to PvP - I know it's not everyone's cup-o-tea, but I highly recommend trying it...you have nothing to lose by attempting it...no WZ is ever the same twice! I also love CZ-198 and Oricon for this reason. Same goals each "daily", but the environment changes drastically depending on who I run into out there (Imps).

I'm just trying to offer some suggestions beyond the story of things "I" enjoy...especially since the story is something I tend to skip. I'd like to see you hang around AFTER you finish the stories :)