HA im so glad your cover is getting nerfed

cub-lover

Part of the reason I left this sorry game is bads like yourself, probably a smasher to boot.

Enjoy your catered to class ***s don't know what it's like playing a real class.

dude, ive been playing since launch, i stuck out the big nerf to mandos and merc of 1.2 i play a merc healer in pvp none of this easy mode opertive crap

meh I don't use cover that often in regs most Warrior/Knights just aren't good enough to worry about it. With ample los in ranked Arenas it's a wash for me there.

If this is the nerf BW wants I'll gladly serve it up on a silver platter to keep other aspects of the class.

Edit: obviously this is as Sawbones, sorry DPSers. :(

Edited by VaeVictis

Yeah I have to say this is a little sad for an outburst. And anyone who has to claim they have a life (and then say that having a life is getting drunk) to prove it online is just being silly and sad. This nerf is a pathetic attempt to balance out what is currently the most OP spec in PvP: Op/Scoun heals.

Yeah I have to say this is a little sad for an outburst. And anyone who has to claim they have a life (and then say that having a life is getting drunk) to prove it online is just being silly and sad. This nerf is a pathetic attempt to balance out what is currently the most OP spec in PvP: Op/Scoun heals.

I think thats the main issue, and the one most people dont get. they say that the healing spec is OP in PvPe, yet they make a change that impacts all 3 specs...including the ones they indicated needed a bit more defense. just doesn't make sense. I'd like to have a blog detailing their plan...if they had plans on buffing the other 2 DPS specs in a later patch, it would sooth my nerves. at this point all this looks like is a knee-jerk reaction.

Not going to dis the OP. bad way of communicating his delight in the Scoundrel nerfs. bad part is it is affecting far more then the OP spec that he is so irritated with. No one should be happy with a global change that "throws the baby out with the bathwater"

There are 2-3 higly effective defensive talents in the healing tree that they could just switch over to another tree. but no....they just kill cover.

but that's the thing, it doesnt. This in no way even's the scoundrel op with the other healer classes. The advantages still exist. what this does is takes away from the AC's that needed survivability to be competitive. A fact Bioware even acknowledged.

Pretty sure this is a troll post, but feast thine eyes regardless.

The moronic, ill-thought out cover nerf won't harm healers in the slightest. Sure, we could crouch down to avoid leapers, but do you realize there's a downside to cover? It has to do with being immobile and easy to catch up to.

All this will do is ensure the only kind of operative you ever see will be the healing kind that you're too bad to kill. They'll be just as mobile and slippery as ever, and nobody will ever play dps again.

Except me, it's my favorite class and I'm doomed to a life of mediocrity. It was all the baddies' crying that got us overtuned healers and underwhelming dps. You reap what you sow, kids. ;)

I wonder if OP realizes that leaping isn't that big a deal? Yea, it closes the distance very quickly for the Melee, but cover does not provide defense. Cover does not make then invincible. All the scoundrels/Ops that i've run with/against didn't use cover. Doesn't make sense. I personally don't use cover as a Scoundrel Healer.

This could be, of course, because I don't play against the top ranked healers in pvp, as well as a variety of other reasons to not encounter a certain player type, but I've just never seen a scoundrel/op use cover.

Maybe I'm missing something. But, like what was stated before, I'll gladly give up this change for the Class Changes in 2.5.

(A few guildies who run DPS scoundrel don't use cover either, so really, is this such a big loss?)

I wonder if OP realizes that leaping isn't that big a deal? Yea, it closes the distance very quickly for the Melee, but cover does not provide defense. Cover does not make then invincible. All the scoundrels/Ops that i've run with/against didn't use cover. Doesn't make sense. I personally don't use cover as a Scoundrel Healer.

This could be, of course, because I don't play against the top ranked healers in pvp, as well as a variety of other reasons to not encounter a certain player type, but I've just never seen a scoundrel/op use cover.

Maybe I'm missing something. But, like what was stated before, I'll gladly give up this change for the Class Changes in 2.5.

(A few guildies who run DPS scoundrel don't use cover either, so really, is this such a big loss?)

I've told anybody who asked me about scoundrels that when u make the smuggler and decide to make it into a scoundrel, get cover off your bar the 2 skills you gain do hit hard but they are also an energy sink as well as decreased mobility and time it takes to go into cover and get out is too much for how i picture a scoundrel should play which is high paced and sneaky so personally i don't think cover is a loss however if we did get a passive ability that allowed us to use sabotage charge and charged burst out of cover as a scoundrel with decreased energy and/or cooldown i think maybe the scrappers wont be so upset and if you gonna buff quick shot then also decrease the energy cost then maybe.................MAYBE the scrappers wont be upset i personally feel like i have a bit more survivability as a DF scoundrel