Open world PVP is a joke.. No reward or anything what gives?!?!

Dustfinder

We talking about PVP servers you know ? If server IS CALLED PVP WE EXPECT IT TO HAVE ACTUALLY PVP. PVE players have their PVE servers , and we PVPers want our PVP servers to have PVP.

So let me get this straight .. the fact that you get nothing for open world pvp physically keeps you from participating in open world pvp? Am I missing something? Why not do open world pvp for the sake of .. pvp?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are making an extreme generalization here.

I have played many world PvP games in the past and there were always people doing this, but they were the minority not the majority.

The minority? What world pvp games have you been playing?

I am getting pretty desperate as to find what have been done correctly with PvP thus far in Swtor.

The warzones, while interesting only allow a total of 16 players, which is 4 less then the lowest of world of warcraft.

Neither have they made any real effort into creating and working battlefield UI, which from my understanding is driving healers nutz.

On top of that, they launch with horrible performance for some, while i'm quite sure EVERYONE is finding the combat unresponsive and laggy, getting to a point where using conditional abilities are just not worth it.

They launch without any type of report system for afkers, and no way to see the scoreboard.

Neither have they implemented a system which punishes leaving mid fight, so you are able to just drop in and out of PvP with no regard.

Further they have made no brackets for pvp, making it totally plausible for lvl 10 players for enter a pvp fight vs a full team of geared lvl 50's.

This just further destroys the experience.

And now suddenly we find that World pvp is also without any real thought or effort put into it's creation.

I mean, Bioware, how are we supposed to feel? Was the plan all along to entice competetive players into buying the product, and then not subscribe past the first month?

Edited by Frayer

So let me get this straight .. the fact that you get nothing for open world pvp physically keeps you from participating in open world pvp? Am I missing something? Why not do open world pvp for the sake of .. pvp?

I am fine with no rewards, however PvP progression in this game is gear based and warzones are currently the only real way to progress...

I would agree if warzones did not progress your char and you did it just for the sake of PvP.

Ok then lets make Raid bosses and instance bosses drop no items , just anything, and then ask that quastion yourself, but change PVP word on PVE word.

And then i will see how you will cry that raids and instancess drop nothing, and then i wil lask you the same quastion.

SWTOR has very minimal risk doing anything.

All we are asking for is for world pvp to be rewarded in an intelligent manner (scaled to level/gear/number of players) similar to how warzones are rewarded.

Less world PvP happens, so it should be rewarded more (but have diminishing returns killing the same people over and over)

IDEA:

How about a random chance for a PvP gear bag drop doing world PvP?

I have to agree here. Open World PVP is the real pvp I love to do. I don't like doing warzones but if I want to earn my pvp gear I have no choice but to do them. That is my main problem. I would rather Open World PVP and be able to get a fraction what I would in a warzone and get something.

Open World pvp for level 49 and below is counterproductive. You aren't gaining anything for your efforts. Even still the 50's aren't all valor maxed I would imagine yet either so even they could benefit from it.

Warzones get boring after a while for me and I would like the alternative. Granted I do go out and open world PVP but it is limited because I am not progressing anything PVP or my level so I don't do it as much as I would like.

Ok then lets make Raid bosses and instance bosses drop no items , just anything, and then ask that quastion yourself, but change PVP word on PVE word.

And then i will see how you will cry that raids and instancess drop nothing, and then i wil lask you the same quastion.

I would probably go find a game that better suited my tastes (hint hint).

Those of you wanting some kind of reward for killing in Open World PvP, sorry... you're just not true pvp'ers.

True pvp'ers pvp for the thrill and challenge. The reward is in the accomplishment of taking on your opponents and stomping them.

This was the case in Vanilla WoW and it brought out the best in skillful PvP.

If you are awarded something, it's just a bonus. But to only do it for rewards... don't expect to be taken seriously as a true pvper.

This.

The idea that there's a skilled and ready player on the other end that you're up against and not some terrible and predictable AI. The satisfaction of a good fight, one that might bring his friends to help him, or yours to help you. The possibility that it might turn into an hour long war ending in respect and frustration.

The reward for world PvP is PvP.

The main prob with rewarded world pvp is making it so it can not be exploited. I don't know how many of you remember or even know about the SWG world pvp exploit that went on pre CU but it was really bad.

For world pvp they would have to make it so you only get rewarded for killing a person 1 time per day. If you don't farming would happen and you know how that would go....

Also world pvp is better if you have something to fight over rather than kills. If you make a point to it such as A reward for holding a zone for say 5-6 hours people would fight to hold the zone and to take it. You have to make it a long hold to keep the farming down on that also, but at the same time put in a decent reward for the side that holds it.

The reward could be a good one also cuz it will be hard to hold a zone that long with people logging in and out.

Ok, yes...basic PVP server open world pvp has no rewards aside from getting the kill...and that's the way it should be.

This is NOT all open world PVP in the game though. The dedicated open world PVP DOES have rewards.

On Tatooine in the middle somewhere ( I haven't personally gone there yet, but a friend did the other day. I've been too busy leveling, hehe ), there is "Outlaws Den" which is Team based PVP. Meaning you can fight anyone not in your group, republic and empire both.

For this one, there are high level crafting nodes throughout the area as well as a vendor that sells some unique items. You can also get a raid together to kill the vendor ( I believe hes a 50 boss or even world boss though ) and will drop different items than he sells.

The main show though is Ilum, where you get the tokens and stuff for the best PVP gear. Yes...that's right, the best PVP gear comes from open world pvp. So much for no rewards...

Ilum is an RVR ( Realm vs Realm ) area where you will fight over objectives. Youll get various walkers to help, which must be shot with a rocket ( though the attackers can hit these people to stop them. )

I am a bit unsure wether you have actually been to Ilum before. I have (at lvl 50). I took control points, I captured the enemy base, I controlled all control points. There is NO reward for doing so other then credit for the daily quest.

I pity Empire on our server, they always control Ilum and have to BEG us republic to recapture is so they can do their dailys. This aint open world pvp. This is 10 Imps jumping around one republic lvl 16 begging him to capture the control points.

i like to add some things here.

For you who think this game is boring on the pvp side fine. But think of this, how many lvl 50 do you see around, not that many.

The pvp is going to be better ALOT better im sure of it, this game have so much potential to be a WERY great game, it is stupid not to add loot system to the pvp side of it and for me they can add full inventory loot and a ton of crafting material in that area so players go there :D

PvP in this game is currently pure trash untill BW add some reward for killing someone from the other faction in the open world area.

Currently there are NO difference at all between PVE and PvP servers since you only get a reward for PvPing through warzones. This game would probably be the best mmorpg-pvp game if they added lineage 2 pvp system.:cool:

great in theory, except without reward there will be no one for you to fight.

Except like-minded players. Meaning the quality of PvP would go up, as we would only be fighting other players who shared our passion for PvP without the need of being rewarded.

My reward is seeing an Imp beg me to stop in /say while I kick him in the crotch and finish him with a back blast. Or chasing a BH halfway across Alderaan while I keep pumping blaster bolts into his back. Or arriving at a mission objective to find it crawling with Imps, patiently waiting until I can get one alone, killing him, repeating that several times, then watching them group up and try to find me. Or being baited by a mission runner while his friend is stealthed nearby and still killing them both. Or having about 50 world kills and zero deaths...and a lot of those kills were actually fair fights.

The only world PvP game reward I support is a few valor points for a kill. The only mechanic that I want to see changed (eliminated) to help world PvP is the sharding.

Even with the sharding I 1) have no trouble finding Imps when I want to (learn where their bases are, then learn where their mission objectives are by following them)...and 2) love to see servermates set up world PvP events (why don't you try that?).

So what makes going out and finding people of the opposing side and killing them fun.. is rewards? Strange how I don't feel that way, if anything feeling you'd need to grind out a certain number of points JUST to get that world pvp reward you've wanted would just turn world pvp into a grind fest and would take away from a lot of the fun of the games world pvp in general.

I don't mind maybe some extra points but I want it to feel inconsequential in the grand scheme like a few valor points here and there, maybe even a title or two. But If I feel I have to go out and just kill 20 people in open world pvp just to get the special world pvp relic to put me just a little over the hump it would kill some of the fun for me to be honest.

Edited by SithtobeJedi

Originally Posted by rxtype

this game is a fail man.. on same boat here.. im cancelling at end of month.

and please no "the game is just 2 days old" ********. if a game isn't made ready on launch it should NOT be launched.

WoW didnt even have any pvp system for at least a couple of Months until after release. so no need to complain tbh.

Edited by WikiWeasel

could agree about a small reward for world pvp.. but going as a grp of 4 to gank solo questers and gain loads of valor on it? Small reward.. split among the grp members. I rolled on a pvp server to be able to world pvp.. but not from a reward point of view..

the day all kids want to go 4vs1 all over the planets.. thats a sad day.

okey.. got a fun idea.. Give good valor/exp reward for world pvp if the player aint in a grp.. that will force greedy players to do fair:er world pvp.. 1vs1 =) ..

Edited by Leefn

great in theory, except without reward there will be no one for you to fight.

I'm going to cite SWG. Back in the day we had enormous battles laying seige to Anchorhead and Bestine. There were no PVP rewards. It was purely for the 'glory' -- so far of any MMORPG the best PVP I've ever had. When they bought in Restuss it sounded like a great idea but it took away the spontaniety of open world pvp and in a lot of senses killed open world PVP. Actually I've been surprised by the number of people here who want to hone their kit in warzones so as to PVP open-world and not the other way around.

Guys who are saying your reward should simple be the PvP itself:

I am all for this, however the fact is there is gear based PvP progression in this game. Currently you must do warzones to get any meaningful kind of progression.

So you could say the same thing about warzones: people should not get any reward outside of the PvP itself for doing them... do you know how much QQ that would cause?

All we are asking for is to be rewarded slightly.

I hate being forced to grind warzones to "progress".