VIP Lounge is a joke

SlyDisciple

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There has never been anything useful in any preorder or collector''s edition bonus for any MMO I ever played, and I''ve played most of them. You had unreasonable expectations. It''s inevitably always something cosmetic only and/or only useful at low levels.

the truth is, if there was anything really useful such as overpowered armor, weapons ect people who didnt buy CE would complain about CE users haveing an advatage. and the people who DID pay would complain about being forced to pay to be compitive. this would create a can of worms and most MMOs know it

There has never been anything useful in any preorder or collector''s edition bonus for any MMO I ever played, and I''ve played most of them. You had unreasonable expectations. It''s inevitably always something cosmetic only and/or only useful at low levels.

Being able to ride from level 5 (end of starting area) and access my bank account were very cool CE items in another game.

I like the look of the BH gear. But would be nice if we could change the color, but that''s not really a VIP lounge problem as it is an all around gear customization desire.

But for the most part I do agree with you all that the VIP lounge is a little weak. However, that doesn''t mean they don''t intend in adding stuff. For now I''ll give them that opportunity.

As I said I like the look of the VIP BH gear. So I have that to work towards.

I have come to the conclusion that the players of this game, at this point, are just going out of their way to find things to complain about. It''s as if there is some secret competition going on where whoever finds the most things that haven''t been complained about yet, and in fact complains about them, wins. This of course means that I am not in the competition, since complaining about complaining has been done many times already :( Edited by Domoto

I have come to the conclusion that the players of this game, at this point, are just going out of their way to find things to complain about. It''s as if there is some secret competition going on where whoever finds the most things that haven''t been complained about yet, and if fact, complain about them wins. This of course means that I am not in the competition, since complaining about complaining has been done many times already :(

Lol. You could be right.

Guys, be patient. The devs have said that the "Specialty" vendors, CE, Security Auth, etc would be an evolving feature.

More stuff will be on later.

My favorite part is when people say they paid $150 for a lousy lounge/vendor. Not saying the OP did, but there''s so many of these QQ threads over how the fluff is just fluff.

$60 was the game, you paid $90 for the extras, not $150.

Neither did you pay that extra $90 for just one thing, you paid that $90 for:

Lounge access (VIP Vendor)

*CE Vendor

*Mouse Droid

*Soundtrack CD

*Map

*fancy case

*Some guy''s journal

*Authenticator token key thing (and associated vendor)

*Darth whoever statue

Holo-Dancer

Flare Gun

Training Droid

Stap

Holo-Camera

If you wanna get technical, the Stap, Training Droid, Flare Gun, Holo-Camera, Holo-Dancer, and Lounge access were also available for just $20 more on the DDE. So that means you only paid $70 for the 8 items marked with *. Even if you split that evenly, that means you paid a whopping $8.75 for your CE vendor. likely less since I imagine that statue has got to be worth more than some digital alien pushing fluff. They''ve already said it''s going to be a dynamic vendor as well with new items available as time goes on.

It doesn''t matter what you bought it for, what it is you consider trash and what you actually wanted, you paid $90 extra for all of that on top of the $60 for the game itself. You can quibble all you want over taxes and shipping, but that''s what it boils down to.

well, what more did you expect?....

I would be curious to actually know that? You have an issue, now what's your proposed solution?

At least on customisation for one of the Consular companions? I looked into the store and thought: wow BioWare had put nothing in there that could be even remotely interesting for my class.

I would have been already okay if I hat gotten just a little different green skin for Qyzen Fess, but at least something!

The only problem that I have with the VIP Armour is that it is for LVL 29 but only has base stats of 5 armour. It is rather underpowered compared to all other armour at the same level, even with the best Mods I can get. I think at the very least it should be the same as any other piece of LVL 29 orange gear. That's my only beef with it. Otherwise I don't mind CE Vendor.

I just upgraded to the Deluxe Digital Edition from the Standard edition for the extra $20.00

I'm happy that I received a nice epic speeder, a couple of toys to use from time to time. I mainly wanted it for the speeder.

I went to the VIP lounge to see if I could buy something and honestly, It is a little disappointing to only see 1 item available to me (The awesome looking speeder for 1.5 million credits). I wasn't expecting to get the same as the Collectors Edition, but a few items would be nice.

Maybe they will put some more items into it over time, but I doubt it.

Edited by Kabushi

My main beef is they kept it hush-hush on what would actually be available on the CE vendor. No one is wanting "pay-to-win" items or whatever people call it. I did however expect vanity items that weren't complete rubbish.

If they has released an item list (or had it available in beta) detailing how piss poor the selection was, they would have sold hell of a lot less CE copies.

Smart marketing, I guess. But, they won't fool me on any expansion CE's.

(Yea, yea - the statue. Hardly anyone actually wants that stupid doll. Wish I hadn't of opened it so I could have made $20 back on eBay).

Edited by Arkhias

I believe the VIP trooper armor is all Orange which means it has 3 mod slots. So yes, empty it is not that good, but rather than slave away trying to get commendations for a planet and having gear that is mis-matched, you get a full set of armor for cash that is uniform and unique. Spend your commendations on mods and you don't have to worry about buying armor again. Even being 27 as I am right now, I have 5 pieces of Orange gear.

Maybe I expected too much for the CE edition,

I am pretty sure everyone who bought it expected much and it's not really your fault.

It's marketing.

But there were plenty of hints to those of us who have been through "CE Hypes" and MMO launches as to why we shouldn't buy it.

I think CEs should be banned IMO because in the end, it is all worthless junk...but obviously not to all, especially those who can profit from it.

This is a joke, half my post gtatue.

Check out Gentle Giant's average prices for something similar.

If you bought it for the virtual items, it was like buying a car because you wanted the radio in it.

Edited by Rykko

I believe the VIP trooper armor is all Orange which means it has 3 mod slots. So yes, empty it is not that good, but rather than slave away trying to get commendations for a planet and having gear that is mis-matched, you get a full set of armor for cash that is uniform and unique. Spend your commendations on mods and you don't have to worry about buying armor again. Even being 27 as I am right now, I have 5 pieces of Orange gear.

Except that I have better Mods than what is in my Athiss set in the VIP set and the armour values are much less than what the Athiss set came with. It's still cool looking, it just seems weird that they would have a lvl 29 requirement on the VIP set, but have the armour values lower than a LVL 20 set. Even now, at 32 I'm getting green gear with higher armour values than my fully modded (with the best commendation/heroic reward mods) orange gear. And keep in mind the Athiss gear still has better armour values than the green stuff I'm getting at 32 and I got all that gear at LVL 20-21. The disparity in the armour values has me perplexed. It still looks sweet though.

I have the Digital Delux version and I regret buying it. I thought I'd save some money if I don't have to buy the mount, and when I log into the game I see it costs a "whopping" 8k credits. What is that, like 50 silver in WoW?

All other items are completely useless.

"Battle droid that fights by your side" is nothing but a droid that hovers in the air. Doesn't help one bit.

Holocam is a fancy icon for PrtSc. Why would I want it to take an extra slot in my bars?

Holo dancer... No comment.

I have the Digital Delux version and I regret buying it. I thought I'd save some money if I don't have to buy the mount, and when I log into the game I see it costs a "whopping" 8k credits. What is that, like 50 silver in WoW?

All other items are completely useless.

"Battle droid that fights by your side" is nothing but a droid that hovers in the air. Doesn't help one bit.

Holocam is a fancy icon for PrtSc. Why would I want it to take an extra slot in my bars?

Holo dancer... No comment.

A 'whopping' 8k credits and a 'paltry' 40k for the license to ride it.

• 1 month later...
My favorite part is when people say they paid $150 for a lousy lounge/vendor. Not saying the OP did, but there''s so many of these QQ threads over how the fluff is just fluff.

$60 was the game, you paid $90 for the extras, not $150.

Neither did you pay that extra $90 for just one thing, you paid that $90 for:

Lounge access (VIP Vendor)

*CE Vendor

*Mouse Droid

*Soundtrack CD

*Map

*fancy case

*Some guy''s journal

*Authenticator token key thing (and associated vendor)

*Darth whoever statue

Holo-Dancer

Flare Gun

Training Droid

Stap

Holo-Camera

If you wanna get technical, the Stap, Training Droid, Flare Gun, Holo-Camera, Holo-Dancer, and Lounge access were also available for just $20 more on the DDE. So that means you only paid $70 for the 8 items marked with *. Even if you split that evenly, that means you paid a whopping $8.75 for your CE vendor. likely less since I imagine that statue has got to be worth more than some digital alien pushing fluff. They''ve already said it''s going to be a dynamic vendor as well with new items available as time goes on.

It doesn''t matter what you bought it for, what it is you consider trash and what you actually wanted, you paid $90 extra for all of that on top of the $60 for the game itself. You can quibble all you want over taxes and shipping, but that''s what it boils down to.

Well as history has shown with everything that has ever been made, created, sold, etc. you CANNOT and WILL NOT be able to make EVERYONE happy. Not to mention people have to find something to complain about no matter how small, how non-effective to the product, etc. it is they WILL complain about SOMETHING.

People know not to expect a lot from a new MMO at the jump nor should they expect EVERY flaw to be fixed ASAP though, Bioware & EA has lacked on the "big issues" such as click-through, non-summoned companions when you dismount, etc. rather they want to worry about things such as abilities, graphics, etc. and I know for one who plays with quite a few "veteran" MMO players that we'd be happy to not only wait on ability buffs, etc. but to lessen the graphics as well.

You can make great MMOs without all the "flashy" graphics, etc. from the start and always improving on those little things rather than things that actually in a few of us opinions that actually matter to not only game play but the gamers.

Just some opinions and that first part is most definitely a fact.