Marka Ragnos Robes have a bug!

Mr_Robinson

Well... I finally saw the robe issue first hand and it should be fixed. But its not that bad. I still like the robes quite a bit and will wear them regardless. Now.. the issue with the helm and part of your head shining through... that looks worse IMO.

That's too bad...I really liked the look of this set, and was planning on collecting it. But given the track record of clippy cartel market armor not being fixed or even acknowledged, I'll leave it alone.

It will get fixed... Eventually. :rolleyes:

Is there any actual precedent for clippy stuff from the cartel market getting fixed? Sounds like the Calo Nord set is still bugged. And there's still major head clipping with the hood of the Diabolist Robes.

That's ok my Andronikos's skull is sticking out the back flap of his Calo Nord hat. It's fine on the girls, but the men's skulls stick out. I fixed it myself, by getting 'Nikos a high collar coat to hide the back of his head. They haven't fixed Calo Nord's hat yet despite being asked, I wouldn't hold my breath for a fix real fast.

I guess I was just disappointed after spending what I did on it.

Will still buy it regardless, even though I'm in no hurry to actually use it.

You're going to buy (albeit with "pixel money") a virtual item you're not actually anxious to use in its virtual setting? To save to resell later when the value is even greater, I hope.

But, it's your virtual dime.

Edited by branmakmuffin

There's actually another bug with the robes..

If I'm wearing the eradicator gloves with the robes then it looks like I'm wearing plain black gloves. The spikes on the back of the hand just don't show. This also happens with the SI BM gloves as well. Again, they just look like plain gloves while wearing the robes. The bone pieces on the finger tips just won't show up.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is happening with other gloves.

No issues while wearing marka ragnos' gloves with the robes.

I'm a human with the 'emo hair,' and the hair on the back of my hair clips through the collar of the robe (no, I'm not using a helmet; okay, I am but it's hidden). I'm body type one.

It's not nearly as noticeable or egregious as the arm, though. That said, I love these robes. Thanks for finally adding them, BioWare. Keep robes like this coming! Might I suggest Kreia/Darth Traya's robes next? Similar style, only without the metal and with a hood.

There's actually another bug with the robes..

If I'm wearing the eradicator gloves with the robes then it looks like I'm wearing plain black gloves. The spikes on the back of the hand just don't show. This also happens with the SI BM gloves as well. Again, they just look like plain gloves while wearing the robes. The bone pieces on the finger tips just won't show up.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is happening with other gloves.

No issues while wearing marka ragnos' gloves with the robes.

Confirmed. I had Eradicator's Gloves too, and I switched to the Marka Ragnos gloves for this very reason.

Edited by BodyThetanMan
addendum

We are currently testing a fix for this in our next Update. The next Update is 2.4.2 which is currently planned to go live next Tuesday, the 29th. I will let you know if it ends up making it into the Update or not!

Thanks.

-eric

Why did you respond to this thread and didn't respond to this? It's Cartel Market armor bug too.

Edited by GNWP

i actually don't see what's bugged about it when i'm wearing it lol

Strangely enough, I now have the robe on my body type 2 female Cyborg Marauder and the robe is not bugged on her at all. Yeah, her hair clips through the cone but I don't consider that a bug, per se. I know last night when I was previewing the robe on some characters, sometimes the bug was present and sometimes not, even on the same character.

As for the gloves thing, I'm going to guess it's because the robe has baggy sleeves and the gloves are inside instead of outside. The gloves are supposed to be covered and if things were poking through the sleeves, people would complain about the horrible clipping, and rightfully so. As for the bone finger tips mentioned, not sure on that since fingertips shouldn't be an issue since they're outside the sleeves. There are also boots with 'claws' on the tips that change style (no claws) when worn with lower robes instead of pants, probably so they don't clip (yet other sets clip horribly at the knees), so I'm going with it all being a design choice by the devs on newer armour to help avoid clipping issues. Just my thoughts (wishful thinking?), obviously, since I don't work for BioWare nor can I read their minds (or can I? Only the Emperor knows for sure). :sy_empire:

We are currently testing a fix for this in our next Update. The next Update is 2.4.2 which is currently planned to go live next Tuesday, the 29th. I will let you know if it ends up making it into the Update or not!

Thanks.

-eric

Eric, pls tell me that this little bug won't mean that you won't ever put long and baggy sleeves into the game! You know I am waiting for a certain kind of a robe for years now! :[

Hey folks,

I just wanted to let you know we are aware of the bug and I have passed it on to the team. To keep things tidy I am going to move this thread over to the Bug Reports forum.

Thanks for the reports!

-eric

Dear Eric....

Would you please take a look @:

Erlesener Prügler Harnisch

Kampfharnisch des Kampfexperten

Use the preview function by selecting the companion Ashara Zavros... turn her around... and you will see... that a part of these 2 chestpieces will become orange.... because it is the skin color of her. I reported this in the german forum and... by in game ticket... but... there's absolutely no response until yet.

So.. please... CARE ABOUT THIS TOO!

Thank you.

Edited by Nesha

As far as I can confirm it—the clipping and warped mesh right-arm issue—applies to at least body type 2 males.

EDIT: the top of my Pureblood male's head (BT2) also seems to clip through Marka Ragnos' Crown.

Edited by Vynar

The collar of the robes clip through my male inquisitor's hair when he runs -_-

He's body type two, idk whether other body types have this issue.

Really reduces the cool factor of them :/

Edited by Beslley