The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Inter-fraction chat !!!!

DarkVindican

Why is there no way to personally talk to people across both fraction, I love my commando but it gets boring playing as rep when all my friends are on Imp side with no way to contact other than /Say. it would be good if you could make a special chat and change the setting to talk between fractions. Just an Idea :)

I have thought about this since day one but it seems very few people will agree to this and we have a guild on both sides that would like this and be able to set up rp between the two (without having to go to Nar Shadda and wading through countless other chats to see what we were doing.)

Good luck.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

it would be good if you could make a special chat and change the setting to talk between fractions. Just an Idea :)

i don't see why we couldn't have that, since they push you to do all 8 stories it would be nice to be able to talk to my guildies when on the other side. Voice chat only works when you can have your sound up.:rak_03:

Why is there no way to personally talk to people across both fraction, I love my commando but it gets boring playing as rep when all my friends are on Imp side with no way to contact other than /Say. it would be good if you could make a special chat and change the setting to talk between fractions. Just an Idea :)

inter-fraction chat would only lead to discussions of the lowest common denominator

You could do this back in early beta. But after BW was hearing the insults that were flying between people during PVP and you can find the video some where on you tube. The Dev talking even made a statement that they were very intense. So they took it out. It took a lot of RPers giving their voice just to get /say added back into the game.

Edited by shadowrouge

Inter-fraction communication just doesn't add up. This is a game rated T for Teen. We all know what fraction communication leads to... And we can't have equations in public. Integer only communication, until the game is rated M.

You could do this back in early beta. But after BW was hearing the insults that were flying between people during PVP and you can find the video some where on you tube. The Dev talking even made a statement that they were very intense. So they took it out. It took a lot of RPers giving their voice just to get /say added back into the game.

Yeah, good times, back then.. but even today, go to Tatooine... people still hurl insults in general chat, until they are told that the other side couldn't hear them.

The only competitive game that had 'friendly' insults, i ever experianced, was Planetside 1. It usually were playful insults with slightly funny nicknames. Every other game, has never benefitted from inter faction chats.

That being said.. i would be all for inter faction guilds (maybe with individual names for either side). It would make Guildchat available to both sides, people from the same guild could communicate, and no one outside the guild would have to suffer.

thank you thank you. i wont deny i am proud of that one

Rightfully so.

Edited by Ecaja

Doesn't really matter to me whether one half of the player base can talk to the other. But inter-FACTION chat generally upsets PvPers when players on "their side" actually end up being spies for the other team. I don't PvP a lot, so this doesn't mean much to me personally, but I can see their point. That being said, I would really like to have global friend/ignore lists, or at least a way to save and load such things across factions.