The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

$20 for a server transfer? Really?

Ukon

I was looking at the server transfer mechanic today and I am absolutely appalled at the price. 1800 CC for a transfer? You're going to make people pay twenty bloody dollars to change servers? No other MMO I know charges that obscene of a price for the same service. That's more than a monthly subscription would cost. What is the point of keeping such a high price tag?

To take money from people !

Last week we had a broken server full of bugs for 4 or 5 days !

I didn't saw a word saying that they are sorry or that they will give us something in return to apologize !

Don't expect EA to lower prices cause it's EA that is in charge not Bioware !

That's more than a monthly subscription would cost. What is the point of keeping such a high price tag?

You know that there are other MMOs out there that charges you over $50 or $100 for transfers and, most of the times, you move bare handed...

A LOT of people were talking about this topic when they opened the paid transfers.

I was looking at the server transfer mechanic today and I am absolutely appalled at the price. 1800 CC for a transfer? You're going to make people pay twenty bloody dollars to change servers? No other MMO I know charges that obscene of a price for the same service. That's more than a monthly subscription would cost. What is the point of keeping such a high price tag?

World of Warcraft charges more actually. And if EA knows anything, it's that copying Blizzard always goes swimmingly:rolleyes:

Wait, maybe people won't leave a game they've invested time in for a SciFi version. Maybe LESS daily areas and more Story content - GIVE ME ACT 5! - is a better idea.

They should introduce legacy transfer or up to 8 characters for 20$.... -_-

Is it just me or the servers are getting less populated with every month?

It's just you.

As noted, transfer in TOR is cheaper than in many other games. OP, the challenge to you is to find a game where server transfer costs less than it does in TOR.

You know that there are other MMOs out there that charges you over $50 or $100 for transfers and, most of the times, you move bare handed...

A LOT of people were talking about this topic when they opened the paid transfers.

never experienced a MMO that charged that much.

WoW was the only other MMO I used a server transfer for and I think that was 20 as well.

WoW is $25.

Most MMOs charge about that much. There are a couple that offer it for free with limitations on your level and what you can take with you, however they did that mosty as a method to deal with population imbalance.

A legacy transfer would be nice to have for SWTOR though.

Edited by chuixupu