Known Issue and Workaround: Unclickable Mission Objects

AmberGreen

• Dev Post

This morning we implemented Patch 2.4.1a to fix mission objects that were not functioning as intended, thus blocking progress for many missions throughout the galaxy, including Kingpin Bounty Contract missions. While the implemented fix corrected most instances of the issue, we are aware that a few mission objects are still misbehaving. Additionally, most of the missions that still have this issue experience it in the same way: the mission object does not appear with the blue "glow" indicating that it can be clicked, and clicking on the object has no effect. There is a workaround listed below that applies to all missions below, except where indicated.

If you experience this problem, and your mission is not listed below, please provide details in this thread. Also, we ask that you post here if you find that the workaround does not allow for you to click on a mission object upon logging back in. Please be sure to provide the mission name, faction, and planet for any reports.

We apologize for the inconvenience and will be fixing the issue as soon as possible, so please watch the forums for updates as they become available.

Missions:

Republic

• Grounded - Balmorra
  • The Neutralizer - Balmorra
  • Storming the Front (Stage 3 of Bonus Mission for Critical Sabotage) - Balmorra
  • Traken 4’s Legacy - Balmorra
  • Their Own Weapons (Stage 4 of Bonus Mission for Fire in the Loading Zone) - Alderaan

Imperial

• [HEROIC 4] Enclave Raid - Taris
  • Pre-Emptive Strike - Alderaan*
  • Vengeance for the Fallen - Alderaan

* Because the broken mission object is inside of a mission phase, the workaround below does not apply.

Workaround:

Logging out and back in while standing next to the affected mission object will allow players to click the item to continue the mission.

:ph_thank_you:

Edited by AmberGreen

This morning we implemented Patch 2.4.1a to fix mission objects that were not functioning as intended, thus blocking progress for many missions throughout the galaxy, including Kingpin Bounty Contract missions. While the implemented fix corrected most instances of the issue, we are aware that a few mission objects are still misbehaving. Additionally, all missions that still have this issue experience it in the same way: the mission object does not appear with the blue "glow" indicating that it can be clicked, and clicking on the object has no effect. There is a workaround listed below that applies to all listed missions.

If you experience this problem, and your mission is not listed below, please provide details in this thread. Also, we ask that you post here if you find that the workaround does not allow for you to click on a mission object upon logging back in. Please be sure to provide the mission name, faction, and planet for any reports.

We apologize for the inconvenience and will be fixing the issue as soon as possible, so please watch the forums for updates as they become available.

Missions:

Republic

• Grounded - Balmorra
  • The Neutralizer - Balmorra
  • Storming the Front (Stage 3 of Bonus Mission for Critical Sabotage) - Balmorra
  • Traken 4’s Legacy - Balmorra
  • Their Own Weapons (Stage 4 of Bonus Mission for Fire in the Loading Zone) - Alderaan

Imperial

• [HEROIC 4] Enclave Raid - Taris
  • Pre-Emptive Strike - Alderaan
  • Vengeance for the Fallen - Alderaan

Workaround:

Logging out and back in while standing next to the affected mission object will allow players to click the item to continue the mission.

:ph_thank_you:

Doesn't work.

Faction: Imperial (Operative Class)

Mission: Insecticide (final stage of bonus for Exterminator mission, Alderaan Bonus Series)

The final stage is still bugged (cannot click on the Killik Queen's Egg Clutch), but the workaround does work here - I wasn't even near the item when I relogged, and it indeed became clickable.

Workaround:

Games that force me to log out to work around a bug make me want to stay logged out. I quit Asheron's Call 2 when they made me do this over and over and over again.

I'm sure you guys are on this, but it should be prioritized as if there is no work-around.

Games that force me to log out to work around a bug make me want to stay logged out. I quit Asheron's Call 2 when they made me do this over and over and over again.

I'm sure you guys are on this, but it should be prioritized as if there is no work-around.

People were given 6 seconds of God mode for weeks...this stops a few players doing some random quests...this would seem, imo, to be a much lower priority fix.

Since the 2.4.1 patch I am unable to activate the following in PVP, they just do not appear as an option to activate:

• Pilon's
  • Turret's
  • Collect Gree
  • Plant/Diffuse bombs
  • Activate bridges etc

Logging out and back in pvp is not an option as you will be kicked from the event.

In Operations, S&V for instance, I am unable to activate the lifts which makes the encounter for Olok the Shadow impossible as I cannot leave the room once the poison comes down. Nor am I able to click the coins in the gambling window.

Leaving the zone and re-entering does not fix this, nor does re-logging or deleting files to force a repatch, none of these work .

The Maintenance for 2.4.1a: "•Clickable mission objects throughout the galaxy now function as intended"

The maintenance has done absolutely nothing to fix this issue.

Add to list . . . can't use the colour buttons to go into Operator Ix room in TFB.

Pretty much anything worth doing gameplay wise can't be done, so no weekly comm's as you can't get to the Boss encounters needed.

Edited by Idious

People were given 6 seconds of God mode for weeks...this stops a few players doing some random quests...this would seem, imo, to be a much lower priority fix.

Six seconds of god mode = fun for at least someone.

Logging out and back in = no fun for anyone.

• Dev Post

Thanks for your replies! The OP has been updated to reflect the information provided.

It's being prioritized heavily. We're planning to deploy the fix next week.

Regardless of it being a small issue to some, in a game that is FULL of clickable objects (something every MMO is based around) youd think it wouldnt take them weeks to fix this problem. Every single scavenge/harvest is a clickable object. Elevator buttons across the game are clickable objects. Why if you put out a patch that says its going to fix something and falls flat on its face do you have to take a week to try again? Just because you have to wait till Maintenance day to do an update??? Patch 2.4.1a was on a thursday, this problem should have been fixed the next day no questions asked

Thanks for your replies! The OP has been updated to reflect the information provided. It's being prioritized heavily. We're planning to deploy the fix next week.

So, will the fix include the ability to pickup the quest again for those who tried as a workaround abandoning and picking it up again? If you did this you are in a greater bind than a control not working.

I've had this problem (can't click the objective) each of the last two times I tried to do Darkness on Ilum.

Same, didn't end up logging out, but it became clickable after a group in front of me clicked the panel, then when it respawnned it as clickable.

Since patch 2.4.1 I have been unable to activate the following in PVP, they just do not appear as an option to activate:

• Pilon's
  • Turret's
  • Collect Gree
  • Plant/Diffuse bombs
  • Activate bridges etc

In S&V I am unable to activate the lifts in the Olok the Shadow encounter and therefore am unable to leave the room once the poison comes down, nor am I able to click on the gambling window if I am allocated a coin. Leaving the zone, re-entering, re-logging, re-setting UI, none of these fix the issue. Nor are you able to use speeder and head to the next boss as there is another lift when exiting the room.

I even tried deleting the Bitraider folder to force the launcher to check all files for corruption, which fixed my issue of invisible characters of a few weeks ago, but this did not fix the issue.

Please note: the maintenance patch for 2.4.1a did not fix anything for me, nor did the more recent patch for 2.4.1b.

The only option I have left is a full re-install.

Full re-install did the trick, used original disks initially so I don't have to run streaming anymore :).

Edited by Idious

Pre-emptive strike is still unobtainable for those of us who (admittedly stupidly) abandoned the quest in a last-ditch attempt to fix the quest. So basically, the main quest series of Alderaan for some Empire players cannot be completed.

In theory, the fix for this is simple: just make Pre-emptive Strike obtainable from an NPC. But I'm no developer. In any event, I can't advance in this game because of this bug. And it's mildly infuriating.

Pre-emptive strike is still unobtainable for those of us who (admittedly stupidly) abandoned the quest in a last-ditch attempt to fix the quest. So basically, the main quest series of Alderaan for some Empire players cannot be completed.

In theory, the fix for this is simple: just make Pre-emptive Strike obtainable from an NPC. But I'm no developer. In any event, I can't advance in this game because of this bug. And it's mildly infuriating.

You can still move on to the next quest hub in that zone and get the next missions. I did that with a character who couldn't complete Pre-emptive Strike this past week. Outpost Talarn I think. Should be a few missions available there. One that'll lead to the following quest hub and the rest of the planet missions.

Mission: Enclave Raid

Planet: Taris-Imperial

Destroying the artefact crates does not raise the objective counter.

Logging out and restarting had no effect.

I read of another workaround, to destroy them before killing the Jedi elites (can't remember the name), but that didn't work either.