/Flourish Emote Bugs

Toweleeeie

Why did you even touch it? You didn't even attempt to make a fix. Why touch it at all then?

List of issues with flourish:

- Issue with weapon drawn/lit-up lightsaber, after the animation, persists,

- You can no longer use /flourish while moving,

- You can no longer loop the animation by hitting [ENTER-> Arrow Up] unless you move,

- Attempts to loop flourish make it look bad and spam the chat. WHY?!

- Jedi Consular is using blaster pistol-wielding class flourish...

We were better off before the last patch when the only problem was the lit-up lightsaber / weapon returning to the hand instead of staying on the belt.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

• 1 month later...

Just an update... finally got this emote for my Inquisitor. Was planning to unlock it for all my characters, but it seems that the bug is still going on.

To be more specific... "the bug" = a beautifully rendered emote, with intact lightsaber, not just hilt, followed by "sheathing" it while the weapon is still fully extended, after which it slowly moves back to my hand.

As an additional side note, I cannot hit Z to draw/stow my weapon afterward until I have moved a step first. At that point Z draws the weapon, so as far as the "code" is concerned, while my character is holding his lightsaber stuck to his relaxed hand, the game believes it is sheathed rather than drawn.

Hoping for a fix soon! :)

So I just started looking at the swtor forum again and saw this post. I was like hey someone still has the same concern as me still. Then I realized it was my post but it was just renamed. Great job BW you can't even fix an issue that you created while trying to fix something that wasn't even broken.

Bravo BW bravo

From a thinking of returning player that is still subbing since day 1.

• 2 weeks later...
At this point I doubt it will ever be fixed. This is probably just too low on the ever growing list of bugs that need squishing. Would be nice to get my cartel coins back on all my toons to spend on something else though. Edited by Xedis

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Found this post after having just paid for the /flourish emote for my sentinel. This should be fixed. It should be apparent to BW that most of their revenue is coming from cosmetic/decorative items, and emotes are firmly in that category. I was going to show it to my wife-- and I only talk to her about gaming like twice a year-- because with the graphic settings turned way up, it looks really cool-- up until it breaks and both sabers go flying through my body and leave me in a state where I can't even sheathe them using 'z' until I take some other action, like jumping or moving. I'm not irritated about the credits-- it was equivalent to a couple hours on Yavin 4-- I'm irritated that this was something I would have genuinely enjoyed playing with, and it's close to being fun, but it's not. Edited by Tesuji_Meijin

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

As of 3.3.1, Flourish still doesn't work; at least for my Sage. (I finally got it after long last, that release of the Skip Tracer pack moved the emote from 1.1 million to 150k. Now that I have it, I wouldn't mind if it actually worked.)

Either she puts her weapon away, or keeps it out, the game is trying to have it both ways. It would be nice if, when sheathed, Flourish brings out the weapon with it's fancy twirls, and then is officially unsheathed. And, if already out, they do a few fancy twirls, and continue being out; not put it away just for it to float back to being out.

Please fix it.

• 9 months later...