/Flourish Emote Bugs

Toweleeeie

I'm really sad about this. I love this emote, and was really looking forward to it being fixed.

I just submitted a ticket.

Considering the removed the Gree event without notice, and broke the heroic space missions, a working /flourish was all I really had to look forward to in-game today.

• 1 month later...

It was fine at first, yeah, people were annoyed it forced us to sheath our weapons. But at least our weapons didn't float through our body.

First "fix" broke it. to where when the flourish emote ended, the weapon went through where it was holstered and teleported to our hand.

Second "fix" claimed to fix the broken fix, but nothing changed.

Can we just have it fixed to where it works like a unsheath and forces us into combat ready stance when it is finished and cut out the animation part of the weapon being sheathed? >_>

I remember people using this emote all the time on Jung Ma, and now nobody I see uses it anymore on the fleets. : /

Edited by Magnusheart

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone else remember that time when Flourish came out and everyone who had it spammed it with glee? me too. And how now people have nearly stopped using it since it's bug where the emote finishes and the weapon teleport from it's sheath to our hand? Me too.

You guys said you fixed it once in patch notes. So that the emote would finish without putting our weapon away, i.e. it would activate like the Kotor Flourish where it is basically a fancy way of pressing Z. But instead it kept the sheating emote and at the end our weapon would fly through our body. i.e. Assault cannon flying through us to our hand.

Then in a later patch note you said you fixed this, when nothing was changed.

Last I checked a weapon flying through our body to our hand wasn't normal and I don't think even Czerka would put that off of a health hazard list.

Edited by Magnusheart

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is new since Patch 2.4.1. Flourish no longer works properly for my Lvl 55 Jedi Sage. Ironically, it does work properly for my Guardian. When I type /flourish or use it from the General menu, my Sage simply stick his hand out in front of him holding his lightsaber hilt (no beam) with a message that states "You display your weapon for everyone to see." But he is not waving it around dramatically like he used to. Same thing for my Shadow. However, it works properly for my Guardian. (curious)

Is anyone else noticing this new phenomenon?

• Dev Post

We've updated this thread title (and added the smiley) to be more broad around /Flourish issues after Game Update 2.4.1.

We can confirm that the bug that causes "flourish" to become a very insistent showing of your Lightsaber hilt is definitely affecting Jedi Consulars. However, we want to test other Classes thoroughly, and once we're done, I'll add it to the Known Issues.

Additionally, we're looking into the report of chat spam for folks that do have the animation (as reported by Alec_Fortescue above).

Thanks for your reports! Keep 'em coming if you're seeing more than what's above, and details around the chat spam are welcome, as we're still researching.

:ph_cheers:

Yeah, reported some issues with /flourish, too. You guys should remove the notification as well, because it spams the chat when looping it (it was really fun to do so) and you can't loop it (enter -> arrow up -> enter) until you move after using it.

/agree

It was nice to have an emote that didn't put something in chat everytime you used it. It allowed you to spam the emote without spamming chat. I stopped using the legacy emotes when chat was added to them (/knight, etc.) and now flourish is the same way :rak_frown:

/agree

It was nice to have an emote that didn't put something in chat everytime you used it. It allowed you to spam the emote without spamming chat. I stopped using the legacy emotes when chat was added to them (/knight, etc.) and now flourish is the same way :rak_frown:

Agreed. Revert it to the way it was before. This text addition was needless in this case (as it is with the chair emotes, as everyone can clearly see you are pulling out a chair and sitting on it) and just broke the animation and other things about it (I really don't understand how QA hasn't caught the bug, surely they must have tested /flourish with every class, advanced class, gender, species and body type when testing the patch before they gave the OK for the feature to go live, right?).

I suggest to roll it back to the way it was before the last patch and just fix it so that at the end of the animation your weapon is actually considered drawn instead of just looking to be out but when you hit the draw key again it draws it again.

Edited by Glzmo

We've updated this thread title (and added the smiley) to be more broad around /Flourish issues after Game Update 2.4.1.

We can confirm that the bug that causes "flourish" to become a very insistent showing of your Lightsaber hilt is definitely affecting Jedi Consulars. However, we want to test other Classes thoroughly, and once we're done, I'll add it to the Known Issues.

Additionally, we're looking into the report of chat spam for folks that do have the animation (as reported by Alec_Fortescue above).

Thanks for your reports! Keep 'em coming if you're seeing more than what's above, and details around the chat spam are welcome, as we're still researching.

:ph_cheers:

Yes indeed.

The issue with Flourish's chat spam can also be condoned with the chair emotes and /(starter class) emotes. Not entirely necessary for them to be there.

I am hoping we are also not forgetting the fact your weapon FLYS THROUGH THE BODY at the end of the animation, a bug in which you guys claimed to have fixed months and months ago. The sheathing section of the animation needs to end with us keeping the weapon out to simplify this bug, or something else done. I don't like having a assault cannon fly through my back to reach my hand.

I also can't activate /flourish while running/walking anymore. It was such a nice thing to do to charge before a fight and flourish while moving towards the target or to march with the rifle and flourish as a trooper. I used to do that all the time and enjoyed it immensely, now that enjoyment is gone. Please fix it, roll it back to what it was before the patch. This is such a hard to get emote and these changes have made it loose almost all value! Edited by Glzmo

• 2 weeks later...