[BUG] Major Clothing Restrictions

AelixVII

So I've noticed over the years of playing this game that there seems to be quite a few issues with character clothing.

For instance, many times, I see the release of dancer/slave outfits and the last time I checked men could be both these things. Yet when I try to equip them, I get a restriction error! I don't believe any of my female characters have had this problem.

There are of course many other uses for dancer/slave wear and sometimes my characters want to wear them to bed, instead of the nasty, uncomfortable default boxers they have to put up with. As you can see here, my character is clearly upset at having to sleep in them again:

http://oi40.tinypic.com/wrfitz.jpg

PS I also think there must be a graphical bug with the upcoming 'Magnificent Dancers Armor Set'. As you can see from this image (courtesy of dulfy.net) it looks as though parts of the outfit aren't showing.

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/swtor-magnificant-dancer-armor-set-trackers-bounty-pack.jpg

I just feel it would be more magnificent if we got to see more of it, and less of the default female character body. Just a heads-up in case this gets through testing.

Please can something be done about this? It's been going on for years now.

Thank you for reading.

I have this problem with my Agent, as well, and a related issue with the Formal wear not being a wearable by my female characters.

I've reported a few times since launch, every time being told my ticket has been "escalated" for "review", but no fix has come.

I've also run into this on several occasions. My Sith warrior is most displeased - it's hard for him to maintain his tan and attractive physique when he can't find any clothes suitable for exercise! More shorts and sleeveless tops for men are needed, stat!

This can't be working as intended right? There are 22 male companions capable of displaying gear compared to only 11 female. A lot of work was put into updating the male companions to give them actual skin. (For which you have my thanks even though Scourge still wears Mira's jacket the pretty way).

It can't be working as intended that there would be two sets of new armor in an armor pack that would be useless to 2/3's of the companions and half the characters. In previous packs the dancer's gear was fairly common. If that is going to be the case again then I can be almost certain that purchasing a hypercrate will result in a lot of stuff that I can't use and if the trends of past crates are an indicator I won't be able to sell them either (until they're embargoed but really dudes).

This seems like a mistake.

Edited by kabeone

I've had this problem as well! I can make my male characters look bare to the waist, but below that it's clothing from hips to floor. Yet I look at the female characters and they can run around and fight wearing nothing but some ribbons and the Force holding their breasts and butts up, even when flipping through the air in Force Leap. Tell me, am I doing something wrong with my male characters?

Oh, and lately I've noticed in the newer choices of pants for male characters that not only are they hips to floor, but the manly bulge at their fronts seem to be flattened. I don't think it's a graphics issue, as I can see breasts just fine.

Edited by Cattery

I just don't understand how male dancers are supposed to make any credits without access to the official dancer outfits. This puts these hard working men in an unfortunate position. Some of them have families! Bioware, think of the hungry children.

This bug needs to be addressed, asap.

I noticed this too. I was understanding of the earlier slave/dancer sets having this issue, and figured, well, I guess what's done is done, and goodness knows there are enough pieces of older gear that have problems. But going forward, I had hoped we would not see the same problem again.

It makes no sense at all that male characters can not wear dancer outfits, it's not like they can't dance or have an inability to be sexy. And I can't imagine that Bioware is intentionally being so sexist, especially after all the complaints they got about the previous slave/dancer sets having this issue.

Please fix! :)

Edited by Gwena

I've had this issue, too. I have over 21 characters on my server, and spent countless hundreds of dollars on packs, only to be infuriated when my male characters couldn't wear the sets I was collecting. The same goes for my female lot: I see this awesome preview on a male character, then switch it to one of my female toons, only to find that it will cut out a huge chunk of the armor to get a 'sexy' look. Could we please get some uniformity?

This is quite the pervasive bug. My female marauder would definitely like to know why so many of the chestpieces designed for her class mysteriously become impractical + unnecessarily revealing as soon as she equips them. Meanwhile, my male assassin is tragically denied the right to fully pursue his one true calling as a cantina dancer. :'( I'm sure there must be some fix for this. Angry sith are a health hazard.

I just don't understand how male dancers are supposed to make any credits without access to the official dancer outfits. This puts these hard working men in an unfortunate position. Some of them have families! Bioware, think of the hungry children.

This bug needs to be addressed, asap.

This is a serious issue. Male dancers have to support their families and those darn capitalistic Hutts have the lowest of wages. No official dancer outfits, no credits!

I second this post. Think of the hungry children, Bioware.

I have been waiting so patiently for this bug to be fixed! It cannot be working as intended, and would definitely add to our enjoyment of the game if it was fixed.

I was very disappointed to find that I couldn't dress my male characters in the any of the dancer outfits. One character in particular has been waiting for something that lets him express his inner self. A nice pair of hot pants he could wear around would make him very happy (just don't neuter the bulge).

Alas, that might be too much to ask for, so if you could start with fixing the 8 versions of dancer/skimpy gear already in the game to allow male characters/companions to use them, it would be appreciated. In this day and age (and in the Old Republic), there shouldn't be any need for restricted clothing.

You know given that we're in a society that may have fewer gender disparities as the one we live in now, where women as well as men can rule, fight, make decisions and be just about whatever they want to be you'd THINK we'd have more gender equal or gender neutral cloths.

Would be nice to allow any gender to wear anything though the covert armor may need to be reworked for the sake of the game keeping its current rating for the safety of kiddies everywhere.

Thank you, OP, for articulating this issue with such care and precision. I, too, as a responsible employer, seek to keep my servants well-dressed for their respective positions. Imagine my horror on logging in one day to find that my Genteel-dressed servants were now plain and bland! I know that you feel my pain on realizing that my servant's waist was no longer correctly adorned with gold befitting his station. I felt utterly ashamed, and changed him into a uniform instead. I was elated to see a new, equally shiny belt in the upcoming pack, but alas, it will not display properly on all my servants!

Meanwhile, I have searched high and low for some sort of rings or bracelets to put on my servants. For some reason, the correctly named "Imperial Dancer" gear will not display on all my Imperial dancers! Only two of them display it properly. It's maddening. I don't even need the whole set, I just want the hands. What is wrong with this world where certain gloves cannot be worn by over half the population?

This bizarre and arbitrary restriction irks me to no end. Are men somehow undeserving of being adorned and admired? I think they are equally important, and would like to have the opportunity to properly reveal skin on all my companions and characters, not just from the waist up. I am strictly equal opportunity in this respect, and I hope that this absurd restriction is corrected sooner rather than later.

OP has no valid point. It's only okay to enslave females. And all dancers who wear revealing clothing for the gratification of others are females; species irregardless. Until Bioware tells me it's okay for males to be slaves and dancers I will continue to disagree with you on this point. As it stands it's only okay to enslave and bedazzle girls. :| Edited by NovemberAllthing
typo

I'm so glad other people are getting this too! I have a lot of faith in Bioware and I'd like to have faith in EA too, I mean, they can't possibly be insinuating that only females are able to be hypersexualised slaves right?

We have a male dancer in the Cartel Bazaar cantina, so we have to assume that they're striving for at least some form of gender equality with the whole sexy dancer slave thing.

It just seems like a gross oversight bug to me.

Girls can wear jeans

And cut their hair short

Wear shirts and boots

Because it's ok to be a boy

But for a boy to look like a girl is degrading

Because you think being a girl is degrading

But secretly...

You'd love to know what it's like

Wouldn't you?

- Madonna, Guy Sigsworth (What it feels like for a girl)

So lets get this shizz implemented, we know it's possible because of the way gear magically 'morphs' to suit the body type/gender. Can't be down to technical difficulties, so why the delay, but mostly...

Why the silence?

Edited by AelixVII