Boots: Display and Unify Color Issues after 2.4.1

Corsiero

Same here with the TH-17A Elite War Medic Boots and RD-17A Master Striker Boots (likely with any other boots using the same model/texture as well).

Looks like they messed them up and accidently overwrote their texture with that of the upcoming cartel pack. Please fix this ASAP!

Edited by Glzmo

As the title says, the Commando Elite Boots (moddable) have the wrong texture as of this patch. They are also not affected by Unify colours.

Have sent an in game report.

EDIT: It appears that all Boots of that particular model is bugged. Dyes doesn't affect them either.

Edited by ToMyMa

I've noticed this too. I know specifically that the TH-15A Patrol Boots, TH-15A Centurion Boots, RD-17A Master Striker Boots, TH-17A Elite War Medic Boots, TT-15A Republic Assault Boots, and Trooper's Exalted Boots (legacy) were all affected by this patch. These are all orange customizable boots. There may be others that I don't know about. As said, not only were their colors completely changed so that they do not match the rest of their sets, but they are unaffected by dyes and unify colors. Please confirm that this is a bug and will be fixed soon. Edited by LetoAtreidesII

Hello! Thank you in advance for taking a look at these, as this particular model boot is used as a PvP Raiding uniform that the troopers in my guild wear. It also is not affected by "Unify Colors" or any Dye Modules. Anyhow, here is my list of affected items. I will Edit in any further suggestions as they come in.

Legacy:

- [Trooper's Birthright Boots]

Oranges:

- [TH-17A Elite War Medic Boots]

- [RD-17A Master Striker Boots]

- [TT-17A Elite Vanguard Boots]

- [Commando Elite Boots]

- [Mercenary Elite Boots]

- [[Prototype] TT-17A Elite Vanguard Boots]

- [Trooper's Exalted Boots]

- [stalwart Defender's Boots]

- [TD-15A Centurion Boots]

- [TT-15A Republic Assault Boots]

- [TH-15A Patrol Boots]

Purples:

- [Prototype] TH-17A Elite War Medic Boots

- [[Prototype] TT-17A Elite Vanguard Boots]

Greens:

- [Tionese Battle Treads]

- [Wandrau Arms Plasteel Treads]

I hope it can be fixed soon! :)

Edited by xStratigyx
Added more

Same for the Legacy armour for Legacy Level 20 and up: Trooper's Exalted Boots.

1) a glowing effect on them which I've never seen before, and

2) the unify colours doesn't work as intended. They stay the same colour, no matter what...

Silly boots! We're investigating this and appreciate your details. Please keep posting any other boots that are affected if you don't see yours listed.

:ph_thank_you:

My Elara Dorne's TH-17a Elite War Medic boots have a bugged texture (med/dark grey with light blue glowy bits) that is also unable to Unify to Chest, but I have a request: can you spread that texture bug onto the rest of her armor? (Seriously, that bugged texture looks nice...)

Same with the Stalwart Defenders boots (fleet light side vendor)

Same. New blue glow at the knees, and a disgusting grey color. The original, non-unified design was grey to begin with, but this looks more like someone smeared 100 year old poop on them. And yeah, won't unify with my chestpiece.

• Dev Post

Hello again everyone! We are working to get a full list of boots that are displaying incorrectly after Game Update 2.4.1 and appreciate your reports!

Because I want to keep everything in one place, I've merged a couple of threads into this one, and I've updated the title to be more general for players who are looking to report. We confirmed a few sets for sure, but please post anything you don't see here! I'll update the Known Issues with confirmed items today.

Thank you!

Not related to boots but some other items with texture issues, Outcast belt (mission reward), Outcast belt crafted, Jorgan's Field Belt and Elara's belt, all four based on the same item model have had a messed up texture on them for a while now. Since probably late May or early June. Happened back when there was that display bug with Troopers and helmets.

I can't say if this is intended or not, since it's an issue that has existed for a long time, possibily even since launch, but many light armor boots, from early level ranges, have a texture that looks like it was incorrectly mapped to the boot mesh. The pattern on the boot is mapped so that it will literally twist up the length of the boot in a spiral, but it only effects the left boot while the right boot will look properly mapped.

I know of two armor sets, that I can name off the top of my head, that contain this boot graphic. Those are the Omenbringer and Sanctified Caretaker (CM) sets. While wearing these sets the boots are typically hidden below the robes, but they look ridiculous if wearing any type of pants that allow the boot to be seen.

Edited by Styelth

• Dev Post

It seems that I was a bit too general with the thread title, and it's been updated; please do not post general "this gear doesn't display correctly" issues in this thread, as it's intended to gather specific items that have broken in Game Update 2.4.1 only in the manner described in the OP. Other display issues should be reported in their own thread.

Thank you for your understanding!

• Dev Post

... and another update! This issue has been locked down internally, and we're working on a fix. However, I'd still love your input to be sure we didn't miss anything! Below is a list of the gear types that we have confirmed are seeing boot display issues; please post if your boots are having the problem described in the OP and they're not one of the types here:

• RD-17A
  • TT-15A
  • TH-15A
  • TH-17A
  • Trooper’s Exalted

Note: I see the report of the Elite boots above and am looking into them now.

Thanks again for your reports!

Edited by AmberGreen

Hi.

There are crafted boots of the same style that are also affected by this bug. These are displayed from the republic side.

Commando Elite Boots (lvl 39) (modable)

Mercenary Elite Boots (lvl 39) (modable)

Dreadnaught Boots (lvl 49) (blue)

Enforcer Boots (lvl 49) (Blue)

Med Sentry Boots (lvl 49) (Blue)

Nexus Boots (lvl 49) (Blue)

Defence Power Boots (lvl 37) (Green) (and all its RE derivatives)

Powered Battle Boots (lvl 37) (Green) (and all its RE derivatives)

Powered Bio-Tech Boots (lvl 37) (Green) (and all its RE derivatives)

Savage Assault Boots (lvl 37) (Green) (and all its RE derivatives)

Hope this helps!

Regards :)

I found one that is not bugged. MA-44 Combat Boots from the Cartel Market Trooper Set.

Itll cost me just 249k to buy it from the GTN plus costs for Augments and switching gear. Lets call it an even 400k. Where should i send the bill?

Edited by AMightyKnight

and btw not everybody wants to look like a Tron-dragqueen

Haha, funny how things seem to be headed in that direction right? Even with the new Trooper Armor sets dropping out of the crates. It's like good old fashioned trooper armor gone over to the tron-side (see what I did there?).

REALLY looking forward to a fix being pushed out. Really sick of looking at these ugly boots everyday, and the flash is so distracting in cut scenes.