I have 23 days left of gametime but this engine made me unsub :(

Saltychip

Just wanted to say I'm a founder and registeredmy account in 2010 after playing closed beta. The game is fun but there is NO endgame worth doing except dailies and being a zombie on the fleet. I wont really get into the annoying engine limitations or huge FPS issues, memory usage (even using memory cleaner)

I just unsubbed and have 23 days of game time left which sucks. The IP of starwars kept me hooked for 2 months since I had just come back to the game but couldnt hold me for 3 months. During that time I got two 55s and several 10-20 alts.

I'm off to go play wow again, reroll on a new server and start fresh. The graphics of wow suck but the engine is much better.

#hero

Edited by Saltychip

I think we need new hardware or beter optimisation , cause every update it seems to get worst !

But sorry wow graphics and the new system , really isn't made for longterm gamers .

How much I love Blizzard , they really need to deliver a new MMO , and new system of fighting data corruptions !

something even them are failing with D3 .

I bet swtor doesn't even have half the tech knowledge blizzard has .

Well, best of luck to you. I just canceled my WoW account after 8 years. The engine is no better, they've just made a lot of improvements to it over a decade. If you feel there is no end game content in swtor, most likely you'll have the same issues after about 6 months in WoW.

I've played wow on and off since 2006 but they have too much good stuff that outweighs the bad. Pet battles are cool to make some money selling pets having a fun mini game. Actually worth doing old content for achievements that mean something (LOL swtor) , you can get titles, mounts, etc. Fishing profession to make money. Theres just a lot more stuff to do in general in wow. (in b4 almost 10 yrs of content)

The engine is better i think because movement isnt as restrictive. I feel like im on rails most of the time playing swtor because when I try to move fast I get huge fps lag and the tab targetting in swtor sucks poon.

I've played wow on and off since 2006 but they have too much good stuff that outweighs the bad. Pet battles are cool to make some money selling pets having a fun mini game. Actually worth doing old content for achievements that mean something (LOL swtor) , you can get titles, mounts, etc. Fishing profession to make money. Theres just a lot more stuff to do in general in wow. (in b4 almost 10 yrs of content)

Yeah, 10 years of content I'm really bored of. I may resub for the next expansion. WoW actually completely burned me out of achievements so much that I was not happy about them coming to SWTOR.

But if it feels fresh and new to you, more power to you. It's great that we have so many options for MMOs now. And you can leave and come back to them later.

The engine is better i think because movement isnt as restrictive. I feel like im on rails most of the time playing swtor because when I try to move fast I get huge fps lag and the tab targetting in swtor sucks poon.

That's on your end...I don't have that issue. SWTOR and WoW run practically the same on my comp.

Well when I logged in to play my hunter and my shaman , it was game over WoW sadly .

Everything I knew and loved has been changed into a simple mechanic .

I can't really stand the graphics , but having to play cookie cutter stuff .

I can't help that the attachement to wow is no longer improvement to toon , but creating attachement to grind and pokemon , while some people can't see the forest from the tree .

That was the real wow killer for me , Character attachement and progression has been removed and supplemented with , just generic attachment and tons of useless progress .

maybe next expansion if they return back to wotlk skill tree and diversity (not cata one) .

Might find it interesting again to give it a go .

Edited by Drake_Hound

I agree with you they simplified wow and dumbed it down from the glory days I had in BC and early wotlk. That was when I was really hardcore. Wow is very casual now but thats a good thing as it gives us the ability to still play it and other games like hearthstone (ive tried it and its pretty fun when you get into it). :D

Yeah, 10 years of content I'm really bored of. I may resub for the next expansion. WoW actually completely burned me out of achievements so much that I was not happy about them coming to SWTOR.

But if it feels fresh and new to you, more power to you. It's great that we have so many options for MMOs now. And you can leave and come back to them later.

That's on your end...I don't have that issue. SWTOR and WoW run practically the same on my comp.

The Firelands grind did me in. Took them up on a "please come back" free week and leveled a Pandaren monk through the starter zone in one night. After that, it was the same old WoW. Plus the complete nerfing of skill trees was enough for me to disengage.

I did find WoW's graphics to be smoother that TOR's however as I could crank the AA to 8x whereas with TOR 2x is really pushing it to keep 60fps performance. Just not enough to pull me away though. FYI:

- i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz w/ 16384MB RAM

- GeForce GTX 650 Ti; 4042 MB

Honestly, having played TOR all other MMO click & go quest interaction systems just bore me to tears.

Edited by GalacticKegger

well the story was great in swtor and i enjoyed it both on my sith warrior and jedi knight but once i finished makeb on both factions it was like meh. The makeb story was so disappointing and I heard no more continuation of class story's so at least i experienced the good stuff already. Edited by Saltychip

well the story was great in swtor and i enjoyed it both on my sith warrior and jedi knight but once i finished makeb on both factions it was like meh. The makeb story was so disappointing and I heard no more continuation of class story's so at least i experienced the good stuff already.

You know go play wow , I know the pain , when you love to play a game .

But either hardware or game engine , isn't allowing you to enjoy it fully .

No need to open up the rest of the papercut wounds , just try again with new hardware .

In a couple months or accept the limitations for now .

Edited by Drake_Hound

well the story was great in swtor and i enjoyed it both on my sith warrior and jedi knight but once i finished makeb on both factions it was like meh. The makeb story was so disappointing and I heard no more continuation of class story's so at least i experienced the good stuff already.

Would I be wrong to assume you only finished the storyline for the JK and SW? And if such is the case, why would you care if they're pulling the plug on class storylines altogether, having in mind they have no real weight in your decision? It was the engine, remember? The dreadful engine.

Thats funny considering this game lags on tiny 8v8 pvp and wow doesnt even in the castle pvp zone. Its obvious this engine has no future its maxed and already outdated

Would I be wrong to assume you only finished the storyline for the JK and SW? And if such is the case, why would you care if they're pulling the plug on class storylines altogether, having in mind they have no real weight in your decision? It was the engine, remember? The dreadful engine.

cause lightsabers dood

Look you just have to get a beter computer or stop PvPing , done deal .

stop raiding , or go play wow ...

Infact go prefered if you are so unhappy it will stop you from playing those contents .

Till you got a beter rig , gee what is so hard to understand .

Blizzard made a decision to upgrade the engine , finetune it to people with comps that are hardly *coughs* functioning, they opened up additional unexplored area's based on the technology .

They even have something called "gating" , that sync healer and tank in raids .

LoL That was a marvelous solution , haven't seen it back on any other mmo .

where a person on the otherside of the globe , lag me cause waiting for her heals to arrive .

while the rest of the raid were in real time .

Swtor tries to drop the information packages or server goes error error ;)

Most often happens when you die in pvp and gets a loading screen XD

This is not only engine limitation for from it , it is about network and server client optimisation .

But what would you know about that :p

SWTOR has had pet battles since launch.

i already am playing wow lvl 34 shaman what you know about that :p

I have a 85 shaman, so talk to me when you reach that level :p

Oh 85 hunter 85 dk 85 paladin ... Here shaman stinks under the new system .

go make a DK or a Paladin :p here I just saved you 51 more levels of leveling !

SWTOR has had pet battles since launch.

now he is talking about pokemon battles with the vanity pets , something taken from CoX arena but improved ;)

Now your mini diablo , panda or what vanity pet can fight it out , in a very simple paper scissor rock game ;)

Edited by Drake_Hound

I have a 85 shaman, so talk to me when you reach that level :p

Oh 85 hunter 85 dk 85 paladin ... Here shaman stinks under the new system .

go make a DK or a Paladin :p here I just saved you 51 more levels of leveling !

Try my level 90 son. Also, only a DK saves you 51 levels. A paladin does not.

The Firelands grind did me in. Took them up on a "please come back" free week and leveled a Pandaren monk through the starter zone in one night. After that, it was the same old WoW. Plus the complete nerfing of skill trees was enough for me to disengage.

Honestly, having played TOR all other MMO click & go quest interaction systems just bore me to tears.

The fact that you had to grind multiple faction reputations just to use your valor badges you had to grind in heroics to get gear at the start of MOP really did me in personally, although they eventually changed that and it's a non-issue now, the damage was done. But mostly, I just really decided I like playing TOR better. I leveled a monk to about 70 and looking back I don't think I read a single quest. I kind of enjoyed going through Outland again...I'm really nostalgic about that place I guess. But then I got to Northrend and just stopped.

I did get both my Druid and Rogue to 90. As soon as my rogue hit 90 I had to open ike 100 lock boxes that my guildies were just holding on to because I had always opened boxes for them for years and they didn't know what else to do, lol.

Quite frankly, I feel like they killed rogues....they just aren't as fun as they used to be. It might just be more that I've changed, though.

I did find WoW's graphics to be smoother that TOR's however as I could crank the AA to 8x whereas with TOR 2x is really pushing it to keep 60fps performance. Just not enough to pull me away though. FYI:

- i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz w/ 16384MB RAM

- GeForce GTX 650 Ti; 4042 MB

WoW should by all rights be playable on any system, they've purposely designed it for that, which is smart. The engine does have a good deal of limitations, though. Large scale battles get laggy, even 25-mans with a lot of spell effects can end up looking like a slide show on some people's comps. I had some pretty horrible issues playing WoW between Burning Crusade and WotLK - because I didn't have the most ideal video card or cpu and I ended up having a faulty memory stick. Even now, sometimes I suddenly get really chunky FPS in WoW just questing in Pandaria. So it's not perfect in all situations. I have the same video card as you, but an i5. MMOs are typically more CPU dependent than GPU dependent.

Edited by chuixupu

Yeah so if wows engine was designed for it then why wouldnt a newer game with 250 mil budget not do it?

why did f117 nighthawk cost the tax payers trillions of dollar for just such a short service term .

when the f22 raptor is cheaper .

why do some company succeed with rubbish game and make millions .. While other bring a good product and can barely cut even ?

why isn't everybody using linux instead of bug ridden windows .

Why hasn't everybody gotten a IOS by now , instead staying with the virus ridden Android ?

Well answer is simple people are people , what do you think upgrading wow in WOTLK and Cataclysme cost ?

150 million ? Or more ?

Well they earned the money back , sadly blizzard had to downscale support lately , even with the profit 6-8 million sub bring . So if you think money is all , well cost and effect and the right timing !

Engine isn't the best cause they didn't found the best people for the job .

I am amazed that the current staff and team and backbone , instead of declining is increasing the dedication .

With a lot less resources then before .

Try my level 90 son. Also, only a DK saves you 51 levels. A paladin does not.

that should be 56 levels advice , no thank you a quick glance on the new system , I decided there was nothing left in wow for my toons to even bother to level to 90 .

Other then they are fluff , and goldshire attraction went down :p

I tought the fleet was bad , but goldshire isn't even goldshire anymore ... Just lolololol land :p

Sorry guess the generation I like to play with isn't in wow anymore , so I don't mind younger generation want lolol land.

Nothing wrong with it , just sadly creativity is lacking in the younger generation .