Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Rewards for F2P? You're joking right...

xilc

That should suffice for an answer as to why I'm arguing with you. Though I consider it more like debating as I'm not even in the slightest bit angry (being angered or frustrated would constitute this as an argument to me.)

First off im not looking down. And until you have stats to back up your claim that f2p players spend more than subs then its baseless conjecture

And if f2p ppl spebd more than 15 a monh then why wouldnt they just sub. Totally makes no sense

So subs are more valuable than f2p its not elitist its a fact that we are the lubricant in this machine. If everyone was f 2p they would have no guantee income because once ppl get what they want they stop wasting cash on the cartel

Sorry but early access does not count as you get no objects for paying giving early access is time its not a perk. It doesnt matter if we get it six month early it is still something that is not unique to subs and therefor not a benefit. I object to the argument that early access is a perk and nothing more than testing crap for rollout to f2p ppl

This like i said could all be avoided if they would give us a CHOICE of UNIQUE things for our subs. Which would make everyone happy and makes the most sense. Increasing incentives to be f2p and not doig the same for subs decreases the value of subs everytime the lower the parity between the two

And yes ce purhasers are entitled to regular purchases and they got CE ONLY items for it

I never said we were entitled to anything more than what bioware stated and since their statement on what we get is vague its always ammendable but t seems they do more in favor of f2p which they clearly states will have less perks than subs and insinuates that there will be the same level of parity between the two. Which isnt the case cause they keep shrinking it

Argue aganst all you want but subs are the lifeblood of this game and will be unless they go pure f2p. And only bioware would have the lack of sense to keep passing over their meal ticket and favoring one time purchasers who are nowhere near as indispensable as subs. Its not elitist its a fact

Im not saying they are lesser im saying they dont deserve ad much and if they want to be. Then subscribe but bioware creates these two tiers its common sense that one has to be above the other in benefits

Edited by mmjarec

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And you were looking forward to wearing one of those super exclusive sets that all the subs were getting for free?

How often do you see anyone wearing any of the pilot suits that are already in game?

You do realize that both sets are recolors of gear that is already in game?

/thread

That should suffice for an answer as to why I'm arguing with you. Though I consider it more like debating as I'm not even in the slightest bit angry (being angered or frustrated would constitute this as an argument to me.)

I'm not getting involved in the argument because both sides have merit. But please don't use that magenta colour in your quotes, even to answer someones questions, It's hard to read, please use a colour other than magenta.

And you were looking forward to wearing one of those super exclusive sets that all the subs were getting for free?

How often do you see anyone wearing any of the pilot suits that are already in game?

You do realize that both sets are recolors of gear that is already in game?

/thread

Its not so much WHAT theyre getting its THAT theyre getting one more thing that makes subbing less desirable. If you raid less than a few times a week or warzone you can unlock bars abd increase credit cap and your basicaly on a sub level except for the cartel coins which to me arent worth the 15 dollars as 3 months of cc and you can get some gear but that works out to 45 for a set of gear if subbing and using the cc for it.

This game would be toast without F2P

That is not necessarily a true statement. There are many things that could've, hell should've been done before F2P was even considered. He'll the numbers at launch were spectacular. The dwindled off however because of I actions taken or in a lot of cases inaction. There were a lot of bugs people wouldn't put up with etc. Mind you I think 90%of the people that jumped the shark within the first few months were over reacting but they still did it. They wanted more content also. They felt it was too short, not enough to do. Right or wrong, it's how some people felt. So had thy been more responsive to the players and at least acknowledged them a lot of people would've stayed. But please don't feed the BS line of without F2P this game would be sunk. How can anyone who pays nothing into a game claim to be the savior of one.

Dear over entitled moron

Free to play players contribute by spending money in the cash shop, spreading word about the game and possibly subscribing, don't forget some people aren't subs because of chaotic work schedules, showing appreciation to anyone playing is always a good thing, this isn't a bad thing.

While I don't necessarily agree with everything the OP said, this is wrong. The OP was talking about F2P players who might or might not spend money at some point in the future, whereas you are clearly talking about preferred players.

Edited by Knorlac

While I don't necessarily agree with everything the OP said, this is wrong. The OP was talking about F2P players who might or might not spend money at some point in the future, whereas you are clearly talking about preferred players.

And why they show preference to f2p ppl over subs is beyond me. Subs are the bulk of their numbers so youd think any company with half a collective brain or more would dish out goodies more to subs than f2p

Is this a joke? They contribute nothing to the game, they get to play the game completely free, and on top of that, they're being rewarded with the same two awesome looking armor sets that everyone else pays for the game is awarded?

Honestly, I thought it would've been enough of a reward to actually be able to play the game, and to benefit from the content that they didn't at all pay for. But adding insult to injury, they're making the same armor sets that are available for the people that pay for the people that play for free as well.

If Preferred seems the better way to go,what's stopping you?

And why they show preference to f2p ppl over subs is beyond me

You just make stuff up, don't you?

Edited by branmakmuffin

And why they show preference to f2p ppl over subs is beyond me. Subs are the bulk of their numbers so youd think any company with half a collective brain or more would dish out goodies more to subs than f2p

In what way are they showing preference to F2P over subs? Near as I can tell, you still get a heck of a lot more for subbing.

In what way are they showing preference to F2P over subs? Near as I can tell, you still get a heck of a lot more for subbing.

In so far that they are giving more things to f2p without equally giving something to subs to keep the parity between them on the same level. The more they give f2p withiut gving to subs the less incentive to sub there is. Its an easy concept

In so far that they are giving more things to f2p without equally giving something to subs to keep the parity between them on the same level. The more they give f2p withiut gving to subs the less incentive to sub there is. Its an easy concept

Did they give something to F2P that they did not match or improve for subs? I am not aware of anything.

Who cares? Froobs need motivation too. Plus they spend a lot more than us on the CM.

A good friend is a F2P player, and spends about $20-$30 on the CM per month. I only do my subscription.

They do. Don't think they spend more than RPers and most RPers are subbers. Last pack, I spent around 120.00, the pack before 180+. There are a lot of subbers out there like me.

Yeah... I bet all Free2Play just looooove their amazingly high credit cap, and full fledged access to all content. :rolleyes:

If you're gonna whine, at least make SOME sense. There is absolutely nothing F2P that subs don't have a million times better replacement or version of.

You wanna know the only advantage of being F2P? They are probably saving a lot on haircuts. They don't have any hair at all after pulling it all out at the restrictions.

Its not so much WHAT theyre getting its THAT theyre getting one more thing that makes subbing less desirable. If you raid less than a few times a week or warzone you can unlock bars abd increase credit cap and your basicaly on a sub level except for the cartel coins which to me arent worth the 15 dollars as 3 months of cc and you can get some gear but that works out to 45 for a set of gear if subbing and using the cc for it.

I agree that BW could do a better job of creating value for subscribers. 2 months of early access to GSF counts for quite a bit in my book. And you're completely ignoring all the other perks that subs are getting beyond these 2 crummy armor sets.

But if you're looking for esclussive armor sets that are sub only.....head on over to the CE thread and see what BW thinks about exclusive armor. That's exactly what CE holders were promised & precisely what they didn't get. To think that they would give all subs an exclusive armor set just for being sub'ed when GSF is released.....that would never happen.

This idea might be more relevant if not for the fact that it's a FREE expac..... So basically it's just a larger than normal regular patch. F2P has the same access to all the gear and venders added to the game since the launch of F2P. The only limitation are the BoP items which have their credit prices set above the F2P credit cap. Which cannot be circumnavigated without SOMEONE spending CC in the cash shop.

The subscriber exclusive perk you're looking for is the ship skins that subs are getting.

Is this a joke? They contribute nothing to the game, they get to play the game completely free, and on top of that, they're being rewarded with the same two awesome looking armor sets that everyone else pays for the game is awarded?

Honestly, I thought it would've been enough of a reward to actually be able to play the game, and to benefit from the content that they didn't at all pay for. But adding insult to injury, they're making the same armor sets that are available for the people that pay for the people that play for free as well.

So this free stuff isn't enough for you?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.