The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New companion proposal

Hmm.... my FemInq did want an alien man-harem. But all she got was Khem, Talos, and Andro.

Tsk, Khem is practically a love slave already.

The man wears nothing but a loincloth! And sometimes some armor plating, if you decided to stick it on him. :D

What if my Smuggler wants an all-female crew? Why should she be forced to have a male-guy on board, just because she answered "Zeltron seeking work" ad?

(I don't think your idea is fun, I object to it on principle because I think it hampers player choice and reinforces a heternormative narrative.)

Then I'd say your smuggler is obviously very much in denial about Corso, Bowdaar and Guss' genders. :cool:

That being said, I don't want a Zeltron that changes gender either - not because it'd ruin my hot girl/guy on hot girl/guy fantasies, but rather because I believe it would cheapen the character's personality enormously.

I'm fairly sure that if they came out with a companion like that it'd be the most bland and boring one of the bunch yet - with barely any dialogues whatsoever to make up for having the "dual" nature.

I'd much prefer that they stuck with a set gender. Heck, make it the first bi companion if they want to please everyone.

Edited by Callaron

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohh....so sorry. I MUST add that you should be abl to choose companion gender because of Princess Snowflake here who wants to dictate others ideas :rolleyes:

Oooh yay, I'm a Princess ^.^

"Dictating" that people have options, aren't I terrible person? How dare I suggest that people should be able to choose, I am so awful. Oh, woe is me, to think player choice might be important *swoons*

Edit: The idea would be, poster above me, to get more companions and get rid of the ones I don't like, as pretty much everyone has been moaning about since beta. I do not think anyone would begrudge me launching Skadge out the airlock, for example.

Edited by Tatile

Syth- Female Zeltron Smuggler; Proficiency in Dual pistols.

Likes: Money or treasure in all shapes and forms, idle enjoyment, and making stupid people look stupid

Dislikes: Charity, listening to the corrupt, and gangsters

Panthra- Female Cathar Warrior; Proficiency in blades (something like the two Cathar swords in the CC market)

Likes: Honor, Mandalorians, Loyalty, and Killing evil things

Dislikes: Killing without reason, Treachery, Betrayal, and Acting like a mercenary

I'll come up with more later....

Oooh yay, I'm a Princess ^.^

"Dictating" that people have options, aren't I terrible person? How dare I suggest that people should be able to choose, I am so awful. Oh, woe is me, to think player choice might be important *swoons*

Edit: The idea would be, poster above me, to get more companions and get rid of the ones I don't like, as pretty much everyone has been moaning about since beta. I do not think anyone would begrudge me launching Skadge out the airlock, for example.

Yes, you are terrible, wanting to give MORE choice than the guy who thinks "opposite gender always bestest." :rolleyes:

Also I would airlock the hell out Corso Riggs. I hate him more than I have ever hated a fictional character. His romance gives me the creeps.

Yes, you are terrible, wanting to give MORE choice than the guy who thinks "opposite gender always bestest.".

I sure as hell didn't say that. You should be able to chose gender, but the personalities and stories should be radically different depending on gender.

When the game was first announced I was hoping for like, I guess you could call it a creatable Padawan. Where you basically get the full character creator and then that becomes your Padawan. I think that would have been really fun, especially if they could have somehow given them stories too.

I didn't read through the whole thread, and in general you've got my /signed on this on almost all points. Irrespective of that though, I can see how this companion could figure in with every class but 1 really and kinda curious your take on it OP. How would you fit him into the Trooper crew? Like I said I can kinda visualize it with every other class but that one. That's not meant as a knock either, just more curious really.

I didn't read through the whole thread, and in general you've got my /signed on this on almost all points. Irrespective of that though, I can see how this companion could figure in with every class but 1 really and kinda curious your take on it OP. How would you fit him into the Trooper crew? Like I said I can kinda visualize it with every other class but that one. That's not meant as a knock either, just more curious really.

Haven't played through the trooper story, so I couldn't say. I figure it would work in much the same way as with Treek, though - a mercenary who hires on with the character.

Trooper classes can have more than just squad mates–advisors, consultants, liaisons, etc. Any non-trooper could fit that role. They could even give them Jonas Balkar as a class-exclusive companion and he'd still make sense, as he'd be an SIS liaison. The only downside is that trooper companions all have Aim stats exclusively, and that would change if you got a Jedi companion...or probably even Balkar, since I'd bet he'd use Cunning.

Trooper classes can have more than just squad mates–advisors, consultants, liaisons, etc. Any non-trooper could fit that role. They could even give them Jonas Balkar as a class-exclusive companion and he'd still make sense, as he'd be an SIS liaison. The only downside is that trooper companions all have Aim stats exclusively, and that would change if you got a Jedi companion...or probably even Balkar, since I'd bet he'd use Cunning.

Well yes logically I understand and understood that. However I was picking the OP's brain as to how they might explain it away. It was the one class I was having a hard time visualizing, where as the others I could almost immediately put together a workable back story.

/sign

i love this idea. male force user, romanceable by both genders, buyable from Cartel or unlocked in Legacy... he could be the first buyable companion i choose to spend my $$$ on.

I'd also vote for him being Mirialan... my Mirialan characters are perhaps the most beautiful of them all, and i can easily see any of my toons being attracted to that beautiful green skin, and the probably tormented/conflicted individual within.

I like the idea - he sounds like someone quite similar to Mical the Disciple from KoTOR 2... former padawan who left the order (through reasons/actions that we need to uncover through dialogue or companion quests).

/sign

i love this idea. male force user, romanceable by both genders, buyable from Cartel or unlocked in Legacy... he could be the first buyable companion i choose to spend my $$$ on.

I'd also vote for him being Mirialan... my Mirialan characters are perhaps the most beautiful of them all, and i can easily see any of my toons being attracted to that beautiful green skin, and the probably tormented/conflicted individual within.

I like the idea - he sounds like someone quite similar to Mical the Disciple from KoTOR 2... former padawan who left the order (through reasons/actions that we need to uncover through dialogue or companion quests).

If they will make him mirilian , i will pass it.....Not all likes them...I would prefer Human or Miraluka

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, one aspect from the Star Wars universe that hasn't been explored in TOR that I would love to see is the Force Adept. Rather than a simple fallen Jedi companion, I'd say a force adept would not only work for the non-force users who don't get a light saber/force wielding companion, but would also explain why a character who is supposed to be a Sith would be willing to work with Imperial Intelligence or as the subordinate of a Bounty Hunter.

As for where they could be from, I'd love to see an Ithorian brought into the mix myself. Their world and culture has tons of Force Adepts, so it'd be a valid option there. Granted, there's also the possibility of creating a character from Dathomir as well. (A side benefit there could be the ability to unlock a Rancor mount.)

For the romance options, perhaps giving the option of a male or female version of the character, with the ability to romanced by both sexes. This would require two voice actors, but the response dialog could be mostly the same that way and would provide those who prefer same sex couples a romance option.

• 2 weeks later...