Vette Quest - Star of Ryloth

DregorThule

I had this issue, and what I did to fix it was to abandon the quest, travel offworld (to the imperial fleet, I think), talk to Vette in the cantina there to re-acquire the quest and then went back to Nar Shaada where I didn't have any further issues.

I think the first time I got the quest from her, it was on my ship and I might not have had her in my party when I first landed on the smuggler's moon. So, I figured one of those two things contributed to the issue.

I'm going through the exact same issue now.

Just wasted in an hour in the game swapping companions in and out, travelling back and forth between areas on the map, from planet to planet.

Filed a ticket.

Did anyone else who filed a ticket get an actual response yet (other than the "We'll pass it on" response)?

as per not finding taunt - i was stumped then realized you have to click the bench at the meeting spot to start encounter - i also flew to imperial fleet, actually got off ship and then back on and returned to nar shaddaa but not sure if that mattered

Yeah, after having a few of us check it - to fix the bug you must continue with the quests on Taris and then fly back to Nar Shaddaa and that should fix it.

As for the Taunt NPC - that's not bugged, you just have to click on the bench that is highlighted at the quest objective marker.

I hope this helps anyone that's been through the same issues as some of us.

I can confirm that completing the first class mission on Taris does the trick. I first tried everything suggested above (relogging, summoning Vette before coming to Nar Shaddaa, resetting quest) to no avail. But moving on to Taris start area, completing mission and going back worked for me.

As for the problems with Taunt.. well, let's just say the gang isn't there yet, and you should just have a seat and wait for them. :p

Ah... jeez. I was having trouble finding "Taunt", ran a search on this forum and caught this comment. Immediately thought "I'm an idiot...". Figured it out 3 secs back into game. TY!!!! :t_redface:

• 4 weeks later...

I managed to fix the problem by completing the Nar Shaddaa bounus series of quests and also my current class quest (to kill Gogon or we his name was). Once I completed those it magically started tracking again properly.

Hope this helps someone.

• 2 weeks later...

So i was having the same problems with quest not updating and the entrance to cada bliss' hangar being red. So i opened a ticket and got live agent response. He said you have to finish the class quest "set the tables" before you can do the "star of ryloth."

Now i'm pretty sure the quest "set the table" was the one on nar shadaa. but He says its the one on Taris (with 4 parts that i won't mention because i forgot what they were called, and might be spoilers if i did). So i'll try that.

• 3 weeks later...

I never had this problem on my Jugg but i had a similar problem with Mako on my BH.

Check the lvl of the mission, chances are youre too low to complete it. If youre gaining

alot of affection with Vette she will give you missions before your of lvl to complete it.

• 3 years later...

Any help?

After several tries and following what others have posted I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. First of all you have to go somewhere else in the world doesn't matter where just not your stronghold. Then set your course to Nar Shadda and Voila it works. If you go there from your stronghold it will not.

• 7 years later...

Holy Necro, Batman.

10 years later and I hit this same bug.

Later - left the planet and came back.  Now the middle chair had a different coloured cover and clicking it brought Vette's gang.  I suspect the bug is caused when you exit the ship first time round without Vette as your companion

Edited by Tantala

• 6 months later...
On 9/16/2023 at 2:04 PM, Tantala said:

Holy Necro, Batman.

10 years later and I hit this same bug.

Later - left the planet and came back.  Now the middle chair had a different coloured cover and clicking it brought Vette's gang.  I suspect the bug is caused when you exit the ship first time round without Vette as your companion

Yes Vette needs to be your active companion. Also the problem might also be caused by going to Nar Shadda by any means other than using your ship.