Justify smash. Do it.

Sideblaze

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since some people seem to think the spec is totally not broken, Let's see you justify that while we compare you to every other class in the game. As fair as unavoidable autocrits to 4 players are.

That's like asking to start another QQ posting frenzy about how Operative/Scoundrel are so god damn OP and everything in their spellbook is as OP... more OP then a smash.

Why the hell would you create a new topic on this? You just got owned by one and had to run here to QQ about it?

Not really, i kill them frequently if they aren't being healed, but they get me down to low health with one button, and it's annoying.

I want to see the monkeys justify why they deserve to get the mini-nuke.

Edited by Sideblaze

Not really, i kill them frequently if they aren't being healed, but they get me down to low health with one button, and it's annoying.

Low health with 1-button? How much health do you typically run 15k?

Low health with 1-button? How much health do you typically run 15k?

Standard smash does at least 8k. My health is 30k. 30k-8k = 22k, Assuming he opened on me with smash, So in one attack i lost a about a third of my total health, This puts me at half, which is "Danger level" or low when fighting against good focus groups.

1 button? That would be 1 normal smash... What is that? 2k damage(non-crit)? You have 3k HP now?

Even assuming you meant a full on smash with singularity stacks the damage is around 8-9k... If you are GEARED you sit around 30k hp. Going from 30k hp to 22-21k hp is not low health.

Standard smash does at least 8k. My health is 30k. 30k-8k = 22k, Assuming he opened on me with smash, So in one attack i lost a about a third of my total health, This puts me at half, which is "Danger level" or low when fighting against good focus groups.

Demo round can hit for 10-11k.

Master strike last hit can hit for 10-11k.

Tons of abilities can hit for 8k+.

8k hit, 1/3 health, 22k left, half health...got it.

Demo round can hit for 10-11k.

Master strike last hit can hit for 10-11k.

Tons of abilities can hit for 8k+.

If they crit, and those have 8-12 sec cooldowns. and are single target only.

Smash auto crits. Is unavoidable if the smasher knows when to charge/obliterate, Can hit 4 other people, and if multiple smashers are involved can absolutely nuke entire swaths.

A full ravage/MS can top 10k.

A full ravage doesn't auto crit, A full ravage isn't instant. a full ravage is easy to interrupt. you can escape a full ravage.

And ********, Ravage isn't doing 10k without gore AND crits. Which is carnage spec, which is perfectly fine as that spec for marries takes more than a single brain cell to play.

Edited by Sideblaze

A full ravage doesn't auto crit, A full ravage isn't instant. a full ravage is easy to interrupt. you can escape a full ravage.

And ********, Ravage isn't doing 10k without gore AND crits. Which is carnage spec, which is perfectly fine as that class takes more than a single brain cell to play..

a crit ravage easily does 10k ? With gore, it does like 14k?

Immolate hits for 8k now. Flame thrower 5k. And that's times 4, to an unlimited number of targets.

a crit ravage easily does 10k ? With gore, it does like 14k?

Immolate hits for 8k now. Flame thrower 5k. And that's times 4, to an unlimited number of targets.

A crit ravage will reach 14k, assuming the first two or the last blow crit, no cooldowns are popped and assuming they aren't healed inbetween the second strike and the last, and assuming you don't miss or get interrupted, or assuming the victim doesn't find a way out of it.

Immolate has a fixed cooldown, doesn't autocrit, ignores armor completely, and doesn't hit 5 people at once.

Flamethrower, again, is channeled and can be stunned/knocked(Assuming no hydraulics), Takes time to tick, has at least 3gcds of setup time so can be healed through easily, and again, doesn't autocrit..

Edited by Sideblaze

Let's put other things on the board?

Try to justify Sniper/GS, all their dcd's + interrupt/push back immunity. Now compare this ranged class with the other 2 ranged classes, sorc and merc are completely garbage.

Do you know that Agent/Smuggler has the shortest cooldown on 4sec stun? All other classes is 1min cd, can be talented to 50sec. Agent/Smuggler is 45sec cd, can be talented to 30sec cd. JUSTIFY IT, WHY A SNIPER HAS A 30sec CD ON 4sec STUN?

So we have well established that smash is an auto crit, is instant and an AoE. Is there anything else you would like to bring to this discussion like perhaps what class you play so maybe we can throw some ideas at you?

Even if BW nerfed the auto-crit on Smash, it could still potentially damage you in the way you noted above.

Even if BW nerfed the aoe capability of Smash and made it a single-target skill, it could still potentially damage you in the way you describe above.

Even if BW nerfed the damage output by 10% (which would be a pretty extreme nerf), Smash could still potentially damage you in the way you listed above.

Even if BW nerfed Smash in all of the 3 ways I just listed combined (which would be insane), you could still be reduced to low health with one button.

Point being...this is just a troll thread by someone with an unjustifiable prejudice toward Smashers who died in a PvP zone.

Edited by DarthOvertone