Ranked Arena: solo queue is killing group queue (solutions)

Trephination

Can't say i feel sorry for premades... How long have they been stomping over pugs? After all this time we finaly got a solo que... Also i don't agree with reducing the coms for solo que. We put as much effort in PLAYING as those who form a premade before the game. Aparently people feel like reducing the coms just so premades have something to fight... Can't say i give a damn... If you don't like it que SOLO... I remember people telling pugs to get a guild and a premade if they did not like to get stomped.

It is funny how premades used to que for unranked and RUIN the fun of pugs and NOT QUE FOR RANKED were they have a team based enviroment(and you know what i mean by that, i am fully aware unraked was team based to)... Now that the fun they have is ruined because pugs are playing solo they QQ... I just love it.

But hey i would be ok to remove solo arena IF no teams are allowed to que for unranked and that becomes the new solo que... You can't have it all... We have as much right as you do to have a braket for ourselfs.

This,,,,,

If you give specifics perks that can be achived only in group que you are HARMING solo que as i can't get it there... Simple right?

How would you like if they give cosmetic perks to solo que? No thx man... Of course i would not mind giving different perks for group and solo que. Let's say a red speeder for solo and a bule one for group. Fair is fair. I don't mind fair.

Also, no, i am not misunderstanding anything. Before 2.4 pugs were suffering because of premades. You can find that huge topic somewhere around here on this thing. What premades where telling pugs was "if you don't like it find a group". So why is it wrong for me to say now "if you don't like it LOSE the group"?

Apples and oranges. The queue I'm talking about is premade vs. premade, making this premade vs, pug comparison entirely moot. I see where you're coming from now, though--almost too transparently.

You're upset about the unfairness of premades in the regular warzone queue (I agree, that's an unfortunate consequence of low population), and now you're out for revenge against the mean people who like to play with friends. But how, exactly? By watching more of them get bored and leave?

Are you familiar with the phrase "cutting off your nose to spite your face"?

There could definitely be perks for solo queue as well. In fact, I'd like both queues to succeed so myself and everybody else can enjoy them both. Making rewards equal, though, creates the problem I have already outlined and probably won't be restating any more.

So when i finished patching for 2.4 i gave the arena's a go. 30 minutes into it i was like, "Hell yeah, this is fun." About 2 hours later (after the team deathmatch style of setting people on fire became boring, pew pew pew, punch to the face.) I stopped because it became very apparent that this type of style of PvP just wasn't as fun as 8v8. I want objective based teamwork. Not, dps heals, move to next squishy and so forth. I'm not saying arena's don't require teamwork. But because i can get ranked comm's doing solo's, why even group up? This in turn is making the competitive pvpers leave. I know more than a couple of people that have quit the game because this was pretty much Biowares last chance to convince them to stay. :jawa_frown:

Ya I'm not gonna lie, I'm already bored of arenas, both solo and team. Prior to 2.4 I was looking forward to them as I was getting burnt out on objectives and during the first week of playing both solo and grouped arenas I was loving it...but now I'm bored out of my mind and going back to doing regs.

Arenas in general are fine, but I'm at the point now where I think resources would of been better spent on trying to build a cross server queue and new 8v8 maps to keep RWZ's alive. And with cross server queues, both ranked arenas and ranked warzones could of survived.