Why do I end up in arenas when I queue for warzones?

Snoizer

So yea, title. This is just stupid.

Normal arenas are warzones.. late last night server pop slowed and thankfully for arena maps

I was still able to get normal pops and during daytime I get hardly any normal arena pops and they seemed to pick up when there less players queuing

Bioware, in their infinite wisdom thought it would be a good idea to include them in the Reg WZ rotation.

I think It is a good idea, how else are you supposed to practice the maps?

On my full conquer toon I was able to jump straight in to ranked arenas

But I wouldn't do that on my lesser geared alts so like my sage last night I got to test arenas in normals

Without impacting my ranked rating or anyone else's.

if its a win loss thing well its normals they are hardly serious Ranked solo is fairly well balanced from what I've played

And then if you just don't like arena style play just drop and re-queue

I really hope they fix this. If I want to play a ffa I will queue for it. Queuing solo I prefer objectives and I don't enjoy landing in an arena PUG against a premade, which they have made no allowance against happening.

Instead...

And then if you just don't like arena style play just drop and re-queue
This is happening so I keep seeing less than full teams as some prefer classic WZs and some go for 4x Arenas. It is a big problem and they need to fix so you can queue what you prefer or both. Seems simple enough to have two boxes like the three role ones we do in GF-- one WZ and one Arena and let people choose one, the other; or both. Edited by CrispyWalrus

Normal arenas are warzones.. late last night server pop slowed and thankfully for arena maps

I was still able to get normal pops and during daytime I get hardly any normal arena pops and they seemed to pick up when there less players queuing

I see no correlation between the two. I've been sitting in, for the server, fairly long queues in the morning and ended up with 8 vs 8 and when I came on at prime time this evening I had to start with two arenas, follwed by one 8 vs 8 and another arena. I wouldnt be surprised if the next warzone is just a coin toss or pre-decided when people queue up, regardless of the current player population.

Areans definitely need to be put into a separate queue, at least for unranked. My healing operative ended up in an arena with a tank who didn't know what taunt was the other day. People like this drag a team down far less when they're only 1/8 of it instead of 1/4.

A separate queue wouldn't necessarily kill arenas. Just create a separate daily for them and people will want to play them.

Areans definitely need to be put into a separate queue, at least for unranked. My healing operative ended up in an arena with a tank who didn't know what taunt was the other day. People like this drag a team down far less when they're only 1/8 of it instead of 1/4.

A separate queue wouldn't necessarily kill arenas. Just create a separate daily for them and people will want to play them.

Doesnt even need to be a seperate queue. Just give us two boxes we can check and uncheck, one for 8 vs 8 and one for arenas, allow us to check both if we want to. It would be similar to how GF works but less specific. I don't think we ever should get control over the maps we queue for though, people would exploit the crap out of that. Edited by MidichIorian

Lets seen now. if they had a separate queue for regular arenas you could probably practice there. And if BioWare did it right you might even be able to fight other solo queuers if you queued solo, and other prmades if you queued as a group of 4.

I like your idea of a separate daily for arenas. Of course that probably means that we will never get it.

Arena's are horrible.

All people do is sit back or hide behind a corner and wait for one person to charge in.

Worst idea ever. (10-29;30-54)

I could not disagree more. I love the Arenas and hope they keep expanding and tweeking them. If you don't like them then just keep queing for randoms.

To the OP...those mpas are just mixed in and you are not actually in an Arena that is ranked...you still get WZ marks only.

You create what is called a 'separate Q' for Arenas. So those who like playing this crappy format can do so, and those who prefer 8v8 can Q for that instead. Yet another bad design flaw from Biofail and it's becoming a regular thing now